FX instead of Kemper remote foot controller

• Imagine that I would like to place just one stomp box (like an RC-Booster) to work with my new Kemper.

Please note that I still do not own the Remote board (will come soon).

What should I do?

Use it in the send & return?
    I would have it before pre-amp of course.

I can't find tips&trick in the manual and online.

I will have the remote soon, but just need a quick set up.

Thanks...!!!

• Logic would tell me send and return as you want to boost volume more than front end gain...depending upon what you want to do..

Thanks..!

But I thought I heard (somewhere) that you "can't" just put a pedal to your Kemper, like you can with a standard amp.

Regardless if it is before or after front amp :)

I've seen something in a youtube video, but can't find it anymore.

• Found it :)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• The more you find out what the Kemper can do then the harder you try to find out what it cannot do. Like make a good cup of Frappuccino.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Thanks..!

But I thought I heard (somewhere) that you "can't" just put a pedal to your Kemper, like you can with a standard amp.

??

You definitely can put a pedal in front or in the loop and I'm not sure where in that vid it says you can't ( Only scan watched it though).

You do have to set it up.

Go back to basics, what are you trying to do? I assume add boost/gain for solos? You can use a latching switch ( check the manual for the type) or any midi switcher. You could also use an expression pedal to morph volume, gain or pure boost settings.

You can add a pedal but it has the same restrictions as a regular amp in that its boosting signal, not volume. It will work but not as well as using the effects in the KPA ( IMO).

• Thanks..!

Where ever you heard that, they gave some bad info.

I've been using the loop for my favorite dirt pedals for as long as I've had my KPA. I have several friends who also use outboard pedals.

It not only works, but reacts just as you would expect any amp. Either in front of the input or in a loop....it works and works well.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche