Kemper Passive Kab For Other Amps

• Yes, it uses imprints to get the tone of various speakers.

is it simply optimized for Kemper vs other passive cabs.. is the speaker less colored and more favorable to imprinting?

What is the 2nd most useable choice out the from a GUITAR AMP STANDPOINT not a monitor standpoint. TIV

• is it simply optimized for Kemper vs other passive cabs.. is the speaker less colored and more favorable to imprinting?

The Kone is a wide range speaker that is capable of producing frequencies far higher than a guitar speaker and more like a PA speaker. These frequencies need to be tamed somehow to get a convincing guitar tone. Imprints can do this or the cab section of a studio profile or another digital amp with speaker IR loaded: a guitar amp doesn’t.

However, like all speakers, it is not totally flat response. In order to make imprints work the Kone DSP in the Kemper makes EQ adjustments for the speakers discrepancies and effectively makes the Kone a completely flat response speaker. With the DSP, and the imprints stored on the Kemper, it can deliver very convincing copies of many real world guitar speakers. Without the DSP in the Kemper (ie using it with another amp) it is just a not particularly good PA speaker.

Basically, using it with the Kemper sounds great.

Using it with other modellers in Full Range mode with a cabinet IR in the model could sound great too but is a little unpredictable as the other modeller doesn’t have the DSP to adjust the Kone to flat response. Some people on the forum have reported being able to make an IR which makes the Kone flat response though.

Using the Kone with a regular guitar amp should be avoided unless you like the sound of Kazoo through an HM2 ?

• kind of what I thought, many of the Full Range stuff has been powered so guys with Kemper and Fractal could use it. So the box is basically tweaked to fit well with Kemper IRs. I've read some folks saying it's "too bright" where other guys simply retorted they needed to adjust the bottom end on the Kemper to dial it in.

Hopefully I get some amp in room feel while I record direct.. if I'm even 90% of a real amp that would be great. Kab is on the way.