The Kemper Foot Controller: Evolution

• Thanks for sharing :) I'm a bit gutted it doesn't come with pedals :( As I would have liked the fact that it would have been more compact and quicker to set up, but hey the fact that the KFC is nearly here is awesome :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• This is great news. I'm not getting all happy about it though because I don't imagine them releasing something like that until next year's Namm show. That would be the time for it. In the mean time, I have many gigs and studio times to get completed. I'd rather use what I have now and then wait it out because I probably won't see one up in my area until a good 6 or 7 months after it is announced. Good to know though that they are getting closure to a finalized design.

• Thanks for sharing, it's good to hear that they're still making progress! Setting up a hardware production process takes time, of course, but I'm sure it will be good.

I guess leaving out the expression pedals makes it a more versatile solution: those who don't need them will have an ultra compact foot controller. I need two to replace those on my FCB1010 so I'll have to look at standalone pedals, but I think I'll try and mount them in a small pedal case together with the KFC so I can leave everything plugged in.

• I will only be excited if I find out it will be able to control at least one other unit via MIDI, or it just won't work for me. But still waiting with bated breath ! In the mean timee mt FCB1010 is doing an okay job

• Bigger is always better.

Christoph, what's the word mang!?

One does not simply call the genius behind the Kemper design "mang" ^^

This YEAR? Really? Why is this taking so long?

I'd prefer they take time to bring out an optimal product rather than rush something out that only has a fraction of the potential that an original manufacturer could bring to a footboard design. The things that keep me interested are the promise of looping ability and the easy inter-operatability between the Kemper and the proposed KFC.

• With the FC1010 we have a cheap alternative until the KFC is out, however, I'm also looking forward for the looper and a more compact board.
    The editor is out, the performance mode works... so I thought it's time to get some information about the flood board. If it's going to be the large version I think about going for a Liquid FR mini + looper... so I'd like to get some information... I mean the basic design should be specified.. I can understand if they need more time to work on detailing it out, but I'd like to know what we can expect. I think it's a fair request, after involving us in the design with the "Evolution" stuff etc.

• To be honest, I wouldn't hold my breath for a KFC anymore.
    It's been almost 2 years since this thread was started. In the meantime every Profiler user should have found a 3rd party solution, no matter if it's a budget FCB1010 or a costly Liquid Foot or something in between. I can't see a huge market for a Profiler specific controller anymore.
    A complete Profiler in a floorboard form factor could be another story though.

But that's just my personal opinion, which I would be happy to see wrong. :)

Cheers,
    Martin

• It's coming, the KFC. I spoke to some Kemper employees during a workshop last month and they said it'll be launched probably after the summer but definitely before Christmas if you can wait that long. It's connected via the USB with similar LCD screen as the KPA, 5x2 buttons and 2 inputs for pedal/switches. So be be patient!

• Honestly, I can't see a single reason for not trusting Kemper on the release of the pedalboard. It's been announced and it will come.

Apart from this, I'm sure the number of people who have not yet enjoyed the Profiler is much higher of the current owners: very few people own one, in absolute figures. So a pedalboard will push the market further.

Last but not least, I've heard from several current users that they are either waiting for the KFC or seriously considering a close look at it when it's released.

In short, releasing it still seems a good plan to me :thumbup:

proddy: no ethernet socket? 8|

@ nightlight: sorry, the 11Th hour is gone far ago :D

• It's coming, the KFC. I spoke to some Kemper employees during a workshop last month and they said it'll be launched probably after the summer but definitely before Christmas if you can wait that long. It's connected via the USB with similar LCD screen as the KPA, 5x2 buttons and 2 inputs for pedal/switches. So be be patient!

Why would they only offer two expression pedal ins when since the beginning both the big and small designs on page 1 have four expression pedal ins? And only 2x5 switches? That means at least three fewer than the designs on page 1. That makes no sense to me. Are you sure you heard correct and from a good source?
    Page 1 designs.
    The Kemper Foot Controller: Evolution

• Plus a lot will switch from FCB's and other cheaper interim solutions.

That's exactly how it is, I bought the FCB because I don't want to spend a lot of money waiting for the KFC's release. ;)

By the way, the FCB (unO4K) is doing a great job, I just did a 30 shows-tour (big venues), not one single problem with the KPA and the FCB.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de