• External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Going for a slightly menacing vibe on this one. The cymbals will be waaaaay too far forward for many but I tried this track with them further back and it just lost the tension and space so indulge me for this track just consider them a lead instrument :)

• Sounds great Per, even though they are a bit far forward they have a great sound :), nice bass too!

"Music makes the world a better place. Music doesn't lie. If there is something to be changed in this world, then it can only happen through music."

Jimi Hendrix.

• What if you placed the cymbals at center? Would it have been more balanced?

I seem to have forgotten how to load my SD3 where each drum piece had it's own track in my DAW so I can do a wide stereo field. I can only load into one track.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Thanks waraba this one needed that space and sound like it had been recorded in an abandoned warehouse.

They’re there I promise deadman42 you can just make them out behind the Hammond organ if you listen carefully.

BayouTexan the mixer is built into SD3. In essence they’re part of a stereo mic overhead setup, making them mono doesn’t do much. Having said that because they are placed where the instruments would be if you were standing a few feet in front, I feel the stereo field position makes it a little more urgent, a little less comfortable, it invades your space which is interesting.

• I found this vid that shows how to do it. It gives you a more realistic drum sound and better stereo field. The only difference is that I remember having Reaper set up the drums automatically like how it's done manually in the video. My drums have been basically mono in center with only the cymbals spread and I want to give more "life" to them. At 4:24 in the video is the way I use to have the drums setup before I started mixing, and the way I want to have them for new mixes.

I know having drums spread like this will probably make fitting the other tracks more difficult but I am not learning anything new doing the same thing all the time.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I figured it out Per. In DAW, I was supposed to add a "Virtual Instrument Track" for SD3 which allows me to created the correct 32 channel drum output. That's what I forgot. Recently, I was adding a default "Track" and then adding the SD3 to it which only gave me 2 channels. So, now I have lively drums again, and I can work on mic bleeds and other stuff for better stereo separation.