Connecting a powered Kemper to UAD OX?

• Hi ;)

is it safe to connect the powered speaker out to an UAD OX? I can't find a clear answer. There is a warning at the back of the Kemper, which states, that you should not connect the speaker out to a grounded DI Box or Load … Isn‘t the OX something like that?

Greetings

Marc

• the warning applies to any type of active device

here is the quote from the manual

WARNING!
    Never connect an active device to the power amp output! Any active devices (such as power soaks) that

have a grounded circuit will destroy the power amp by creating a short circuit.

• If the ox acts like a load. Connecting a speaker is also an impedance load. Is the ox doing something else? I mean, I don’t understand what benefits you would get by going through an attenuator with something that doesn’t need attenuation. Speaker, and room ir’s?

• The circuit through a speaker or speaker box is a closed loop. Not the same as an active device.

Does the OX accept line inputs? The Boss WAZA TAE does.

You are not capturing new information by boosting the output signal from a Kemper through its clean Class D amp. You are just getting the signal on the line outs boosted to much higher levels - which you would then attenuate to line level with another device. Pointless.

• These devices are intended to enable valve power amps to drive hard at lower volumes.

Totally not needed with an SS amp, where you want to do the opposite, so don't use it.

• These devices are intended to enable valve power amps to drive hard at lower volumes.

Totally not needed with an SS amp, where you want to do the opposite, so don't use it.

… nope ;) I don‘t wanna attenuate something. It is clear, that i it make no sense to dime a SS Amp. The OX Box is furthermore an excellent speaker simulation. Very easy to use. This would be my point.

The circuit through a speaker or speaker box is a closed loop. Not the same as an active device.

Does the OX accept line inputs? The Boss WAZA TAE does.

You are not capturing new information by boosting the output signal from a Kemper through its clean Class D amp. You are just getting the signal on the line outs boosted to much higher levels - which you would then attenuate to line level with another device. Pointless.

There is no „official“ line input. But there is a hidden one, inside the box … no kidding :) I must then probably deal with it more closely