How to play into Logic without changing the Kemper's tone

• Hi All,

I accidentally posted this in the Kemper Remote Forum before, which may not have been the best place.

I'm trying to figure out how to play and record directly into Logic, without the programme overriding my Kemper tone (with a preset like "Hall of Rock", "Amazing Tweed", etc).

I've downloaded some Kemper profiles and really happy with the tones - so I don't want it to change when I try and record.

Any advice on how to get round this?

Thanks a lot

• Along with the advice above, you may need to change the EQ on the profile for recording. You didn't state how yo are listening to it now and hearing what you like. If you are playing it through a cabinet or an FRFR speaker at louder volumes, it is going to sound darker at lower volumes. This is normal.

• Thank you both for the advice. I'm currently using some Yamaha monitor speakers but might get the Power Kabinet at some point. There is a line connection between the audio interface and speakers.

Just a follow up question please - the recording quality seems to be worse / quieter when I'm using an "audio track" rather than a "guitar track". And the audio track also picks up background noise (e.g. breathing!) which doesn't happen on the "guitar track".

Any advice on how I should address that?

Thanks again

• You definitely only need an audio track. A guitar track is just an audio track with Logic’s own amp and pedal sims preloaded.

What audio interface are you using?

How are you connected to this?

It sounds like the audio track is defaulting to your Mac’s internal mic rather than using the interface.