USB Audio Sample Rate

• Hi! Thanks four your question.

Modern DAWs such as Apple Logic work seamlessly with different sample rates, independent of the project sample rate. That means:

- recording with automatic sample rate conversion, when the audio interface SR does not match the project SR

- playback reverse the same way

- offline-rendering the master mix to any target sample rate and bit width etc.

Having to match the SR of the audio interface to the project is not necessary here.

CK

• I tried using my KPA in an aggregate device to play online with the Jamulus software, using the KPA and my Focusrite I/O ports, but that software requires a 48000 samples frequency, but in the Audio setup it won't be possible to change it. So I cannot use any additional instrument, microphone, etc, connected to the audio card.
    Not the end of the world, I know, but I hoped to get rid of the SPDIF cables (SPDIF settings have no problems to go 48000 or even higher)

• Hi CK,

Using "DAW ability to handle different sample rates" is a poor excuse. We need the Kemper to output in higher sample rates, because the industry standard has changed. 44.1kHz has not been a standard since CD Redbook. If you want a "Modern" approach, get with the times. Your SPDIF outputs handle it, what happened along the way in the development of the USB Audio feature? May I also cite the Nyquist Theorem here for reasons why higher sample rates sound better, there is an obvious difference. Anyone who knows a thing or two about digital audio will also tell you. Please fix this. X/

-Dylan

• Sample rates higher than 44.1 will encounter some issues on many playback devices. Most all playback devices can handle 44.1. When I make my backing tracks (on SD cards or usb stick)they will not play on my loopers or my drum machine.

"Faith don't need no second opinion"

• :D :D :D

...But not three.

You don't think the guys at Kemper know a thing or two about digital audio...?

:D I believe they do know... A lot. It's common digital audio knowledge, my implication.

Sample rates higher than 44.1 will encounter some issues on many playback devices. Most all playback devices can handle 44.1. When I make my backing tracks (on SD cards or usb stick)they will not play on my loopers or my drum machine.

The Kemper Profiler USB Audio should support all sample rates. For all users needs. It should not be a compromise.

• :D I believe they do know... A lot. It's common digital audio knowledge, my implication.

The Kemper Profiler USB Audio should support all sample rates. For all users needs. It should not be a compromise.

I don't use the Kemper as an audio interface so it doesn't matter to me; I don't use the S/PDIF either.. I'm using a 32 channel digital mixer. Just a short time ago the Kemper didn't even have USB audio and I never gave it a second thought. The mixer can operate at 44.1 or 48 but I still use 44.1 because of the devices mentioned in my previous post and my ear doesn't hear the difference anyway. Looks like for now if you have to have higher sample rates your only options are to use S/PDIF or invest in gear that can handle it.

Side Note: This discussion belongs in Feature Requests.

"Faith don't need no second opinion"