[Resolved] OS 9.0 USB output of youtube videos and music plays with an undesirable "doubling" type of effect.

• When I switch audio playback on my computer from my default speaker driver to the profilesr driver, the stereo field gets super wide and plays as if a Doubler effect pedal is on. I'm using Windows 10 and my Motu interface instead of the Motherboards audio interface.

Note that if only a guitar was doubled and not the entire sound track then it would be a killer sound.

When I switch playback back to default speaker drivers then the sound tracks play as intended.

Also note that I do not have ASIO4All installed. I have the Motu ASIO driver installed.

What is wrong?

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

Edited once, last by BayouTexan ().

• Does the Kemper still get routed through your Motu to the speakers? It sound like you are monitoring twice with a small delay added to one of the signals.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Does the Kemper still get routed through your Motu to the speakers? It sound like you are monitoring twice with a small delay added to one of the signals.

I thought about this too. You’d have to use the main outs of the KPA to the monitors I think. Also did you try the headphone out on the KPA?

A brace of Suhrs, a Charvel, a toaster, an Apollo twin, a Mac, and a DXR10

• I decided to go ahead an install the ASIO4All for the Kemper. I was worried about having two ASIO installed and causing conflicts but no conflicts occur. I can just easily select from Reaper Preferences options to select either the Motu or 4All driver and it's corresponding inputs and outputs. BTW, my Motu has lower latency 3.2ms at 128 buffer at 48k. The Kemper has 3.6ms at 160 buffer at 44.1k.

Now that the drivers are loaded for the Kemper, I will play some youtube videos and select different playback configurations, including having the Motu interface ON while playing thru Kemper, and see if the problem can be duplicated.

I will report back later.

Edited once, last by BayouTexan ().

• I could not duplicate the problem after installing ASIO4All. So it appears, before that install, I was getting a loopback from my Motu interface.

All is well now. :)

It would be nice if Kemper added some simple output meter on the LCD to show when sound was playing thru the USB since I don't always have my headphone connected to Kemper and my main outs go to my other interface.