New NAMM product? This sounds insane.

• Is there a new company with a product coming out soon that has been advertised in magazines or in the Sept issue of Guitar World?
    I haven't read any new mag lately but I know Yamaha have a new modeling product soon (maybe NAMM). When reading this post from Cliff on the Fractal forum I would like to see this myself that obviously makes him so upset.
    Anyone here with info on this one company orchestrating and launching an all out marketing campaign against Fractal? I do read forums frequently but this sounds insane.

Fractal forum thread link.
    http://forum.fractalaudio.com/…chock-full-o-fractal.html
    Cliff Chase, post 6, (2012 21 august) quote:
    "It's been a bit stressful lately. A certain company, that shall remain unnamed, has launched an all-out guerrilla marketing campaign against us. All kinds of dirty tactics. The guys asked me about fighting fire with fire but I said "No, we will do what we always do and simply make the best product. We will continue to improve the product and offer the customer the pinnacle of the ownership experience." I have engendered a bit of animosity in this industry for some weird reason but I will always strive to make the best product. I am confident (especially with Version 7) that we are squarely at the top of the heap and we have done extensive blind A/B tests that support that claim.
    So I thank all of you for your continued support and you can be assured that, despite our growth, we will strive to retain the small-company attitude."

• Cliff should be a bit stressed -- those full page advertisements aren't cheap, and it seems this company (whoever it is), is ready to play ball and has the revenues to back it up.

I look forward to this development......

Now Fractal is taking the "high road"???? -- after all of their claims and homemade tests comparing other products, they are taking the "high road"??? ?(

• Cliff should be a bit stressed -- those full page advertisements aren't cheap, and it seems this company (whoever it is), is ready to play ball and has the revenues to back it up.

I look forward to this development......

Now Fractal is taking the "high road"???? -- after all of their claims and homemade tests comparing other products, they are taking the "high road"??? ?(

Yes, I love how they just eat whatever deficant comes out of his mouth. He can belittle all overs and it is "science", he is a genius not in public relations, attacks constantly not only other companies but forum users calling them indignant whiners and pricks, but he is taking the "high road". Just in case anyone is wondering my username: FractusAnimus, it means broken alligiance. I once thought that Fractal was great, but I don't care how good a product is, if the owner disrespects his customers then that should be met with penalty, we pay his wages, we are his boss! So to see threads with him talking down to everyone turned me away and I guess it happened at the right time anyway because in all honesty Kemper (and Christoph) kick his and his products' ass! Kemper will not be the last guitar gizmo that I buy, but you damn well can be sure Fractal will never be a possesion of mine again! :cursing:

• Interesting. I wonder who and what Cliff is talking about?

Ive had my Kemper for about 3 or 4 months now. I USED to own an AxeFxII. I can say with 100% certainty that my KPA kicks my old AxeFXII ass any day of the week. Yes it was good and did alot more in the effects dept but I care more about tone and with the KPA you get the most authentic amp tones of any modeller /processor currently available.

I recently discovered the Amp Factory profiles and its like christmas every time I buy a new profile. I just got the Metal pack and words cant describe. I'm in tone heaven!

I dont regret selling my AxeFXII at all. I wondered if I would eventually miss it? I thought hard about it and not once have I missed it. In fact I was reading a post about the latest Ax FXII firmware with a bunch of new parameters and scott peterson was trying to explain setting all these different parameters to someone that was having a hard time getting a good tone. I said to myself that right there is a prime example why I got aggravated with my AxeFxII. Too much fiddling with endless arrays of knobs and not enough great tones or playing time. Also there was that little thing of everytime you upgraded your firmware your patches needed to be redone. My Kemper profiles never change unless I want them to!

KEMPER FTW!

• ??? Well, no cue, really...sounds a bit like what he's doing, though... 8|

Since there are no links to this happening, can it be just another desperate action he's displaying whenever regular gear users online actually prefer other products over the Axe-fx after testing and comparing them?
    He's extremely competetive and in several Axe vs threads he can't help himself and starts ridiculing the other brands. Recently it was the "K" brand.
    Cliff is the only company CEO I've seen that is infamous for repeatedly trash talking other brands and products on forums. The lack of self awareness is scary when he says he don't understand why he's "engendered a bit of animosity in this industry for some weird reason...". I think the Axe fx is a fantastic product though, not his PR skills and ethics.

I do hope to see some new cool NAMM products released!

• Wow. I think you are right. This was in August - and there hasn't been anything I have heard that looks like a company is doing anything close to what he describes against Fractal.

Cliff is looking to justify Cliff by saying everyone is out to get him! Pathetic.

• It's just Cliff's BS! There's no marketing campaign against him...
    Kemper advertises their product... the same every company does! Including Cliff's (with lots of bad-mouthing others from the latter).
    How some of those Axe-guys behave is just distasteful...

• Again this seems to be a pathetic reaction from the fractal father.
    Reality is that more and more positive reviews are getting posted on message boards about the Kemper, it slowly gets the attention it deserves. And obviously a big number of the people who try the KPA think similarly. This is no guerrilla campaign. This is simply a very good product that advertises itself.

• Last year I already said adios to Cliff, Tom and Scotty. My money goes to the real professional companies.
    Moral: if you do not like the company then don't buy their shit.. (It works brilliantly!)

Curious if Steve Vai still likes Cliff ?(

• Let´s all calm down a little bit and don´t care for all that BS. Don´t forget the we KPA users are in very comfortable situation right now. Discussions aside, at the moment the KPA is probably the best sounding unit on the market. If Behringer would come out with a device that could do the same as the KPA + the FX of the AXE + a power amp for half the price, you would be pissed too and try to defend your own little toy... It´s a natural thing. Everybodies got to decide how to deal with critcism. CK and his crew have far more experience from all the Virus years and thus seem to handle this whole "gear war" a little cooler... :thumbup: