Programming the FCB1010?!

• Hey guys.

So today i bought a FCB 1010 to gain more control over the KPA. Its my first piece of gear from BEHRINGER since nearly 16 years... Haha.

While i can switch rigs easily i did not manage to get the expression pedals working. Is there any tutorial on how to best set up the board for the use with the KPA?

And what about the ofter referred UNO chip? Is it a must? Won´t i be able to switch on stomps etc. without it?

Let me know everything you know about the FCB1010 (links to other threads etc. are well appreciated! :)).

Thanks in advance.

-Mario

• Hi Mario................unfortunately I own the all access of rocktron which I made a tutorial about the full programming of the kemper. I don't know if you can get something out of this tutorial. it is on the forum (look for michaelmellner as the author of the posts) or the wiki...........

bests for the end of the year

michael

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• Behringer doesn't have the best reputation, but the FCB1010 is really a great product. You have to use an editor to get the most out of it. I believe this is the one I'm using. Supports UNO or the regular stock firmware.

http://www.mtnsys.com/?path=faq-fcb/PCEditorBeta.htm%3f

Hi Will I'm using this editor to could really do with some help what to set the expression pedals to, and do I use preset or the global tab in the editor. I just want my Wah to work. Really hope you can help Will :D

• I did the calibration of the pedals with the help of the manual but still the KPAs wah is not responding or doing anything. Is there anything i will have to change on the KPA (like in the YT video about the AXE-FX)???

• I did the calibration of the pedals with the help of the manual but still the KPAs wah is not responding or doing anything. Is there anything i will have to change on the KPA (like in the YT video about the AXE-FX)???

Did you assign a wah to one of the effects slots? Did you set the wah for expression control?

• The FCB1010 ships with the Wah pedal defaulted to cc# 27 , however the Kemper wah is cc# 1, so you will have to change that for every patch on the FCB. That's why an editor is important. As it shipped to me it kept activating the delay.

Here is the quick and dirty on changing the Wah manually.

1. Make sure you are on the preset that you want to change.
    2. Keep the "Down" button pressed for 2.5 seconds "Switch1/Switch2" LED will light up at the top of the FCB1010.
    3. Press "Up" to get to the next page, the "Select" light at top should be lit.
    4. Now press the 8 or 9 button and the light above the button blinks. 8 is for Exp A and 9 is for Exp B, it is printed on the pedal.
    5. Press the "Up" button to confirm that you will be changing that pedal.
    6. The CC# will be displayed. Enter the new value. For Wah that is 1.
    7. Press "Up"
    8. Enter the heel down value, which should be 0.
    9. Press "Up"
    10. Enter the toe down value, which should be 127.
    11. Press "Up"
    12. Hold "Down" for 2.5 seconds to confirm the changes and save the preset.
    13. Test your new setting.

Remember that the manual method is only for 1 preset at a time. So you would have to use this procedure for all presets and that could take a while. If using an editor you can change them all fairly quickly and then send the sysex file to the FCB1010 and have it done fore every preset.

-Lonnie

• Hey Lonnie.

Thank you very much. I did that already and still no wah. Haha. I am thinking about buying a dedicated expression pedal and give the FCB back to the store (as with my old NOBELs switching works pretty well now)... ...any suggestions?

• The Mission EP1-KP is a rock solid pedal and designed specifically for the KPA. For a cheaper route the Yamaha FC7 or the Behringer FCV100.

• Also, after step 3 did both lights on pedal 8 and 9 light up to show they are enabled? If the light is out at this step then the pedal is disabled. A long press on 8 or 9 will toggle between enabled and disabled. Both should be lit, and then a brief press will cause one to blink showing it is selected for editing.