I think I've just solved the 1.60 tone difference mystery

• Here the same but i hear the diference on some clean sounds too... and its very audible diference i m using Adam a7

1º is mute on and 2º part mute off:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/39580456/mute%20on%20and%20off.wav strange on recording its not so easy to tell the diferent.. but playing in my room on Adam a7 i can totaly hear it (without mute on its more clear more alive). The profile is a marshall tsl

I think it could have a diference in db level on mute on and off too

• In this clip I can tell that no difference in the colour of the amp, while there is big variations in the colour of the guitar being played, which is natural and nice, as it's not a reamped file.
    No difference in volume.

If there was a difference in sound, it would be obvious in a sound clip.
    If there was a difference in feel or latency, most people (not a minority) would notice it.
    It is virtually impossible, that a small number of users have a hardware, that differs in a way, that it would only be obvious with those tuner setup, and only on version 1.60.

It is not logical, that a device would "sound like pod" , but does not sound differently in all those clips.
    If it was just the feel, then most people would state instead, that it is just the feel, not the sound. But most people mention the sound first.

Does this tell something?

• I have used a looper to try to hear any differences between 1.52 and 1.60 as well as 1.60 with and without the mute - all sounds the same.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• My biggest concern right now is that I might have a deffective unit, and since warranty periods for imported products in my country are very short I'm going to proceed with my own tests by the weekend.

If I find out I'm hearing things and should be put in an institution for the mentally ill musicians, I'll let you know as well.

• Time for a "mea culpa" update. The aforementioned change in tone only happens with a particular guitar and does not seem to be necessarily related with the "mute" button on the tuner mode. I think it might be related to the treble bleed circuit I've installed in that strat which I now intend to remove from its circuit. Anyway, it's not the KPA's fault, sorry for the false alarm.

• Time for a "mea culpa" update. The aforementioned change in tone only happens with a particular guitar and does not seem to be necessarily related with the "mute" button on the tuner mode. I think it might be related to the treble bleed circuit I've installed in that strat which I now intend to remove from its circuit. Anyway, it's not the KPA's fault, sorry for the false alarm.

How on earth could you associate a treble bleed to toggling the tuner mute? I've got treble bleeds in darn near all my guitars, love them...

• How on earth could you associate a treble bleed to toggling the tuner mute? I've got treble bleeds in darn near all my guitars, love them...

Like I've said, "might" be related, I'm not really sure wat causes this behavior. All I know for now is that it's not the KPA, and that should be enough to close this thread. I'll investigate the problem further on my own.

admitting you made a mistake takes guts too, and like CK said, it happens to all of us from time to time.

no harm done. :)