Editor pétition.

• Well, I prefer by far to have had access to the Profiler one year before, than waiting for the whole package to be delivered.
    Kemper is a small company, and they have never stopped working to the product development AFAIK. Give them time.

• Hi , not at all.

I do believe that it is naive for Kemper as a company not to listen to their consumers and create a proper editor for the great product that they have already made.

How do you know that they don't listen?
    How do you know they aren't planning to create ones?
    IMHO if enough users are constantly demanding one there finally will be one.

• How do you know that they don't listen?
    How do you know they aren't planning to create ones?
    IMHO if enough users are constantly demanding one there finally will be one.

Hello again ,

I believe that if they did indeed listen they would have already met the great demand of users by creating the program.

I also know ( it has been quoted on other forums here ) that CK has admitted that the editor is ''on thier list but not as a priority'' - That being said in July 2014 , we are now in 2015 and it has been demanded since day 1.

Again , do not get me wrong , I love the product and give great kudos to Kemper for making it BUT it does not make any sense to me why they have yet not yet added this feature - a feature that ALL other competitive products ( both more expensive and less expensive ones ) have.

Lastly , I do agree that the more requests the more likely they are to make one , that is why I am here ;)

• FWIW, remember how long it took FAS to have a working editor out.
    When CK says it's not on theit priority list it mean exactly this, regarding Kemper's resources and all.
    This has nothing to do with naivity but with practical implications.

I find it naive form a business point of view ; The lack of proper software has been a detractor to many people I know that would have gone with the Kemper but decided to go with another unit because of this other unit having a proper editing software - POD , Eleven Rack as cheaper alternatives - Axe FX as the more expensive one.

On the other hand , having the controller as a priority - while there is an already existing and working alternative ( Behringer FCB1010 ) - and not the editor - that there is no alternative to ( the midi program available is not well intergraded ) - makes me wonder about Kemper's priorities.

• I find it naive form a business point of view ; The lack of proper software has been a detractor to many people I know that would have gone with the Kemper but decided to go with another unit because of this other unit having a proper editing software

Well, you certainly are entitled to your opinion, but I find it a bit bold to say 'from a business point of view'.
    I gather you don't have any real insight in their business at all.
    And if you claim to know many people who would have gone Kemper if a proper editor was available I will also claim I know many many more people who went Kemper in spite of getting no editor initially, coming from from Pod, Eleven, even AxeFx, because its core competence, the sound, is superior.

• I brought my kemper when we were on FW1.5 and since then the extra features kemper have added have been a bonus. If they had not have added them it wouldn't have turned me off buy one. THE SOUND that's why I brought mine, it's better than anything else I've played and once you know your way round it's easy to edit. Yeah I'd love for kemper to release an edited but if they don't I'll still love my KPA just as much.

• On the other hand , having the controller as a priority - while there is an already existing and working alternative ( Behringer FCB1010 ) - and not the editor - that there is no alternative to ( the midi program available is not well intergraded ) - makes me wonder about Kemper's priorities.

Having the Rig Manager is enough to me. I don't need a PC to edit the parameters. In my opinion, the user interface of the KPA is very good and I don't have the impression of being losing my time while using it. You can access almost any parameter with just one or two button pushes. I had that impression with other products in the past, but not with the KPA.

I need a small controller working with only one cable and I own a FCB1010, so, IMO, having the controller as a priority is ok.

• I am a KPA user from less than a month. Before the KPA I was an AxeFxII user.
    I owned my axefx for nearly two years, did so many gigs, toured with it and most importantly, played TONS of different genres with it.
    As I introduced myself, I switched to KPA because I needed something easy to use, as I am playing more live than in the studio.
    KPA satisfied my needs completely, and FOR SURE is one of the few digital instruments that wouldn't need an editor for a complete control. As @pacocito said, you just need a couple of button pushes to reach whatever parameter you need.

Therefore, in my AxeFx period I understood what "fine tuning" was all about in order to SYNC to a gig.
    It's not about the complete control of the unit, but the ability to fine-tune it to the gig needs.
    And I bet we all agree on the fact that gigs are different and some of them don't actually need such fine-tuning.
    But I also bet on the fact that we all know that some gigs do need it.

The Editor would be a big improvement.
    Not necessary, but surely very appreciated.

Nevertheless, the discovery of the missing editor, left me (as a potential new customer coming from a powerful machine) astonished and made me think twice in regards of my purchase.

• Hello everyone,
    I said when I created this thread ....
    This thread is to be used only that the accession of the "petition" for an editor for the kemper.
    To all those who want to debate on the usefulness or not to have an editor for the kemper, please, do it on another thread, but not here.
    Thank you.

• Hello everyone,
    I said when I created this thread ....
    This thread is to be used only that the accession of the "petition" for an editor for the kemper.
    To all those who want to debate on the usefulness or not to have an editor for the kemper, please, do it on another thread, but not here.
    Thank you.

Hi! This is a forum and I think it's licit to complement our opinion on the need of an editor or the priority that Kemper assings to its development.

• I might be part of the minority but to me the KPA is similar to a camera, I take a picture (profile) of a tone and store it. The editor might be nice for editing effect chains easily but I'm used to work with pedals which is even more laborious than just pressing buttons on the Kemper.

I know the Axe FX has an editor, which makes sense for a modeler. Do I need the same for a profiler? IMHO, no.

Don't get me wrong, if the KPA was a modeler, meaning being able to emulate/modify any amp settings possible, I would be the first to scream: "Where the F@*# is my editor!"

With new features coming out every new FW iteration, I can see the use for an editor in the future...

+1

• No.
    This is a forum.

True. OTOH, traditionally in the Internet culture, the thread creator is given some priority and respect, specially when it comes to hijacking it.
    To stretch it a bit, if I gather a group of friends in a corner of a public square in order to talk about a soccer game you're certainly "entitled" to join and start screaming about Nazis or God or cars, but this would not be fair, would it?

:)

• Its not hard to see @dan007 s point.
    He wanted to show CK how much and how many people wanted this.
    Not why some believe why THEY do not care for or need this.
    This is a pro editor thread for a show of hands.

We have 24 pages at this point mostly showing that people want this.
    Why come in here and muddy the water with why it is not necessary for you.
    You start throwing the count into a bit of disarray.

@pacocito
    Why so arrogant? No?
    Go create a thread of your own denying the need of an editor and see how many pages you come up with. No?