Posts by G String

viabcroce -

my comment (... which took the thread OT initially ...) was intended to be rather funny than serious. it was an attempt to tell you that there might be a simple workaround. and no, switching off your PC will not result in a difference for our environment and I will not go down the road of telling you my thoughts on symbolic actions now.
    in my personal, humble, opinion, nobody really needs a function which does the same like closing and opening an application. at least not in this context. if there would be new Rigs every couple of minutes you would have a point but with an average of maybe 3 Rigs per day?
    I didn't know about your feature request regarding the LEDs, in fact I like the idea. But don't hold your breath.

I think any complaints should go to Kemper - they're the ones who have their name on the bag. Then they can go and put the thumbscrews on Namba in turn. Not sure Namba cares much about a couple of complaints, but if Kemper calls them and says "this isn't good enough", maybe then things will happen.

exactly. if anybody has an issue with a bag we've sold, please get in touch with us by email. We certainly do not open every box and inspect the item inside, so if there's something wrong with the QA (which we don't do) we appreciate to know.
    thanks, gs

I had meant to start a thread about this, but this seems closely-related enough to be relevant. The question I have is, "What can be done to discourage folks from removing uploads altogether?". I'm not talking about updating with newer versions - just deletion altogether of Rigs that folks might've relied upon without copying (silly!), or more relevant still, ones that are yet to be "discovered" by all and sundry.

nothing really can be done. everybody uploading should have the freedom to remove the upload again. after all, it is his/her creation. what i don't necessarily understand is why this matters at all. we have 7k worth of rigs. that should be enough for everybody. if you feel that you don't want to miss out on a single rigs, make backups as frequently as you feel like doing so.

I think that it's any with continuous variables (ie anything that isn't just an on/off switch).

Exactly. Tone Traveling doesn't reconfigure your rig in the sense of changing an algorithm (or stomp for simplicity). What it does it offering two settings and you can move (travel) from one to the other in a continuous fashion. A simple application is to use a continuous food pedal to control the amount of delay you want in your sound. That's tone traveling with one parameter. Now imagine you add Gain control and you want it to reduce the amount of delay while pushing the Gain. The result is your sound becoming more direct when you play distorted. Think a Wah Wah style pedal which also washes the sound in reverb and chorus once you approach the toe position of the pedal. And all that is just playing with levels and dry/wet mix. You can also do that with the actual settings of a stomp of the amp section. Reduce feedback on the delay while increasing reverb time. There are endless possibilities and the complexity virtually not limited.
    One thing is for sure: once you start doing this and you're open to experiment with your (solo) sound, you will explore a type of freedom and expression which wasn't possible before at all. You might be able to get similar result with loads of MIDI programming but that takes away all the fun because it takes ages to try out things. With Tone Traveling, you simply define two states by making each state sound right. Editing a state means you just do what you always do: Tweak your tone. Just tweaking, no programming in the traditional sense. We are very exited about that.

Mmm. But I see rigs on the exchange that have free IRs as cabs made by other people... Also, there are rigs up on the exchange that use free IRs loaded baked right in or in a torpedo device.

I guess to be on the safe side I can just do DIs of the amps I have, and recommend the commercial IR I use with it in the comments or something. Or find a good free one and bake it right in.

you would need to find a "free" IR and bake it in. see, we if there are Rigs on the exchange which violate above, we will have to remove them. but since we are talking about it right now, I just want to understand what our rules are. so, to sum everything up: we cannot host Rigs/Performances uploaded by users who don't own the entire copyright of the upload.

if you upload anything to Rig Exchange or place a link to a file here in the forum you need to be the ORIGINAL author. that means that you have taken the profile yourself. and you have not used e.g. a cab or amp created by somebody else as a part of the final Rig or Performance.
    gs

As usual, the strongest opponent to new ways, features, habits... is the lack of fantasy. Some famous statements coming to mind:

"I can't see what a private person would do with a computer" (IBM CEO)
    "What are people supposed to do with this... telephone of yours?!" (to Meucci)
    "Guys, this is not your trade...go to work" (to the Beatles)

doh! (Homer Simpson)

Sharry - i can comment on things which available (performance mode). i'm happy to help and put things on lists once i understand that there's something we can do better.
    but as for what the future might bring. you and Inthrutheout need to understand that we do not comment on it. we just don't. and we are not up for discussing the reasons why either.
    if you don't like that, fine. i don't have a problem with that either. just note that it doesn't mean that we don't see what you want.

we had tapatalk support. and then tapatalk released a critical security fix which wasn't compatible with our forum software. as a result we had three options: leave it like it is and take the risk to get hacked. update the forum and break other additions which were not compatible at this time. switch off tapatalk support, which we did.

While I agree on the title thing, I disagree on the bumping thing: This in the nature of things. So I don't get the complaints about that.

from what i believe there are two issues:
    a) users who subscribed to a announcement thread and get annoyed because they received a thread update notification only to find out that all that happened again was an emoticon from the seller or a repetition of what he posted last, e.g "only two days left" as to "only three days left"
    b) users want to check what's new but you always see just the same threads floating above for reason a)

i agree, bumping is a part of how things work. but i also believe that some took it a little to far ...

the only reason why we are trying to work with an announcement and a discussion area is that:

a) some of you were constantly bumping their threads.
    b) some of you were frequently complaining that a) happened.

in the end, our users complained about the messy state of the announcement section. and the bumping. the threads were long, partly non factual and loads of information got lost.
    see, we can leave everything the way it is. but that also means that we will stop reacting to complains (from users and sellers) in regards of the way some of you use the announcement threads. and our users will eventually stop reading though the threads because some are simply very hard to read. if some of you believe, caps or excessive title length give you an advantage, allow me to share my personal opinion: if i see caps, i probably don't click on he thread. everything that looks like SPAM, i automatically ignore.

read that, if you want some user impressions: Annoyed by long Thread Titles?

eventually, special rights for sellers to post exclusively to the announcement section are an option. but that (again) puts the administrative burden on us who already provide the rest for free. would you be prepared to pay for that??? i'm not saying that because that's what we have in mind. but i want everybody to consider the potential consequences.

a couple of you mentioned a sub forum for each seller. i can understand that this would be a solution and tidy up certain aspects. but it wouldn't regulate what most users were complaining about. also, it would add more work for us. also, we would have to decide who's worthy a folder. i don't believe this is a situation we want to be.
    if a seller likes to structure his information in a certain way and use whatever language and strategy for his marketing effort there is already a solution: use your own website. we give you a free advertisement space. if the rules are to restrictive for you (and i don't believe that's the case), there are several ways for you to deal with it.
    don't get me wrong, we want you here. but we've received to many complains about the way some were advertise for their products. we got complains from advertisers about other advertisers and that part really got a bit into kindergarten territory. we are here for our users and potential users in the first place. it is important to us that they enjoy the forum.

i hope this doesn't come across as harsh but if so: i don't mean it like that at all.
    gs