Single Thread for Everything, or Individual Threads?

• but then people have to switch back in forth between the two forums. I personally like to use only One forum and i will keep doing it like this in the future (because it's to time consuming for me...) So maybe I will miss some useful information in the other forum then. ;)

• Thx Monkey. Yes, this is the only senseful explanation: It will be a matter of time and new posts. Nevertheless I can only repeat myself: Would all make more sense, if non-vendors were promted not to post in the announcement area. But I'm with Guido, that means doubling things and I don't know if that makes things easier, and I don't know if changing it again and again makes things easier. Short titles would have been enough I think.

But anyway, they made it this way, so we should do our best to support this decision by making use of the discussion zone. :thumbup:

Gear: Strats & KPA. Plug Ins: Cubase, NI, iZotope, Slate, XLN, Spectrasonics.
    Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...

• the only reason why we are trying to work with an announcement and a discussion area is that:

a) some of you were constantly bumping their threads.
    b) some of you were frequently complaining that a) happened.

in the end, our users complained about the messy state of the announcement section. and the bumping. the threads were long, partly non factual and loads of information got lost.
    see, we can leave everything the way it is. but that also means that we will stop reacting to complains (from users and sellers) in regards of the way some of you use the announcement threads. and our users will eventually stop reading though the threads because some are simply very hard to read. if some of you believe, caps or excessive title length give you an advantage, allow me to share my personal opinion: if i see caps, i probably don't click on he thread. everything that looks like SPAM, i automatically ignore.

read that, if you want some user impressions: Annoyed by long Thread Titles?

eventually, special rights for sellers to post exclusively to the announcement section are an option. but that (again) puts the administrative burden on us who already provide the rest for free. would you be prepared to pay for that??? i'm not saying that because that's what we have in mind. but i want everybody to consider the potential consequences.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• I see your dilemma and I think we all appreciate the effort to react to those complaints.
    While I agree on the title thing, I disagree on the bumping thing: This in the nature of things. So I don't get the complaints about that.
    Nevertheless, let's try the new substructure :)

Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...

• While I agree on the title thing, I disagree on the bumping thing: This in the nature of things. So I don't get the complaints about that.

from what i believe there are two issues:
    a) users who subscribed to a announcement thread and get annoyed because they received a thread update notification only to find out that all that happened again was an emoticon from the seller or a repetition of what he posted last, e.g "only two days left" as to "only three days left"
    b) users want to check what's new but you always see just the same threads floating above for reason a)

i agree, bumping is a part of how things work. but i also believe that some took it a little to far ...

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• from what i believe there are two issues:
    a) users who subscribed to a announcement thread and get annoyed because they received a thread update notification only to find out that all that happened again was an emoticon from the seller or a repetition of what he posted last, e.g "only two days left" as to "only three days left"
    b) users want to check what's new but you always see just the same threads floating above for reason a)

i agree, bumping is a part of how things work. but i also believe that some took it a little to far ...

Yes, I'm with you. That's why threads can be unchecked for e-mail notifications. This is also fundamental for the great thread with the musician jokes: Sometimes the wish for a new joke just brings up another smiley ;) And this is just one example, so... that's life I guess :)

• Thx Monkey. Yes, this is the only senseful explanation: It will be a matter of time and new posts. Nevertheless I can only repeat myself: Would all make more sense, if non-vendors were promted not to post in the announcement area. But I'm with Guido, that means doubling things and I don't know if that makes things easier, and I don't know if changing it again and again makes things easier. Short titles would have been enough I think.

But anyway, they made it this way, so we should do our best to support this decision by making use of the discussion zone. :thumbup:

Agreed, 'Loogie. I'm sure we're all grateful for the forum's existence and the effort it takes to maintain it too.

Sometimes the wish for a new joke just brings up another smiley ;) And this is just one example, so... that's life I guess :)

Oops... I did this the other day. Sorry mate!

• from what i believe there are two issues:

Create the suggested solution = "one thread per seller - and only sellers can post into that subsection" and all is fine.

It looks in the "announcement section" the same as always - discussion takes place there and many thread by the same seller.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• One post for each seller in one thread called Commercial Links, where they can give a general description of their amps, music styles and a link to their websites.
    Limit the size to something reasonable on the heading and body.
    This would make a completely even playing field for all. This would keep these forums much cleaner.
    No reason for anyone to complain because it is even.

This will give them visibility on the best site that they could ask for while being fair and not having to keep up the maintenance and continually changing advertising.
    This will be updated on their respective sites.

In the end it will be up to their salesmanship, name and quality on their website that will give them sales.

Somebody argued earlier that subscribing to favorite vendors was harder than searching through this forum. That makes no sense whatsoever.
    With this you can pre-filter out just what you want to see and not swim through all of the posts to find updates.

If for some reason you feel you want something different then you go through the links to find another to add.

Unless Kemper wants to host all of these commercial vendors with a pay service, this is the most sensible option.
    Not because it is my opinion but because every idea so far either infringes on the Kemper teams resources or isnt fair or even.

Even the recent changes looks like it will open up more issues as time goes on.
    Consider doing it now before people find their ways around this new system.

Try starting a thread this way now, maybe as a test and just see how it goes.

Granted there may be some a bit upset at first but it will even out very quickly.
    :)

No matter which way you go, you will not please them all so at least take all the headache away from the Kemper team.

• Still some sellers in the commercial forum use

- CAPS in title
    - Exclamation marks in title
    - URLs in thread title
    - BUMPING by saying Thank you or discuss there (which is not allowed by sellers)

I don't now if they didn't heard about the new rules or just ignore them.
    But this is really unfair! :(
    I changed everything since a few users/sellers complained about my "aggresive" marketing but the others still follow their old way.

• customers can ask questions about a rig pack in the commercial announcements forum, provided they use the appropiate thread (an example question would be to inquire which microphones the vendors used), thereby giving the vendor the chance to reply to a question about his product directly.

Ah, now this makes sense. Until now I understood it's absolutely not allowed by user/seller to discuss in the commercial forum or to reply to a question by the seller as well.
    THX!

@MentaL
    THX for your great info! :D

• Ah, now this makes sense. Until now I understood it's absolutely not allowed by user/seller to discuss in the commercial forum or to reply to a question by the seller as well.
    THX!

@MentaL
    THX for your great info! :D

right.
    it's kinda like the distinction between the 'questions and answers' subforum and the 'profiler related discussion' subforum.
    it's not perfect, but there is already a noticable improvement :)