Posts by Mats_Nermark

About 5 years ago I broke my right hand thumb and ended up with a cast to the elbow but still played with it LOL. It's the guitar player in us Mats - no quit or stopping us man :thumbup:

I had that problem after a previous operation 6 years ago with the right hand. I remember attending the FUZZ Guitar Show with the cast on and many exhibitors wouldn't let me play their instruments as they thought the cast would harm their instruments. :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Mats N

Hi,

Here's the first tune I wrote and recorded since I hand surgery done to my left hand. My doctor says it's OK to play but with 10 stitches recently removed from my little finger it sometimes is very painful. Especially if I accidentally drag the finger over the fret edges. Ouch! So, please, be gentle.

Anyway, I wanted to write a blues that was not a typical 12-bar blues so this is what I ended up with.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Cheers,

Mats N

Hi Marcus,

I'd rather have good audio clips than the usual mediocre Youtube videos. But if you can do good sounding video clips that's preferred. But then again it's not even close to a deal breaker.

Cheers,

Mats N

And the Remote is no MIDI foot controller! However, you are free to use whatever foot controller you prefer. The Profiler can receive MIDI.

Hi Burkhard!

I know it's not a MIDI Controller. But it was my hope that it could send MIDI PC commands to the KPA. It can't and I accept that even though I find it strange that it doesn't allow for that basic functionality.

Cheers,

Mats N

If you are ready to leverage the capabilities of the Remote you soon won't be missing MIDI program change numbers:-)

Hi Burkhard!

I have asked Christoph many times for the Remote to start sending MIDI CC internally. Since the first day it was announced.
    He has always said the same things you mention.

But there are two reasons I never use my Remote.
    1. I does not work well in Browse mode and I love the way my workflow allows me to to do everything I want to do.
    2. For the occasions I consider working in Performance mode, I get so extremely annoyed that the changes that I make to a Rig in a Performance slot ISN'T save in the rig in the Browse mode.

Now can I interpret what you wrote as a sign of change coming "soon" or do you mean that if I stop using my efficient workflow and need to save all my rigs in two places and learn to go with a less efficient workflow, then I will "soon" be happy?

To show how serious I am regarding this issue, when my old MIDI controller broke down not long ago, I bought a brand new Rocktron MIDI Raider even though I have an almost unused Remote sitting in the wardrobe. Just because I really value my workflow.

Cheers,

Mats N

Just found the zip file in mail e-mail trash can. 8o
    But moved and extracted it without problems. Thanks for the quick turnaround!

I just had surgery done to my left hand. This pack will be a part of my rehab routine.

Cheers,

Mats N

I'll most probably buy a pack of this amp. Please don't forget the clean side of the amp which has some magic to it.
    When I was helping Michael Britt with his Dumble pack, I told him the same but he had already returned the amp to its owner.

Cheers,

Mats N

Hi Marcus,

Just sent the payment to you and when your not busy sleeping, playing, working, eating, enjoying family life, etc ( ;) ), please send the profiles to:
    mats(at)nermark(dot)com

While I'm planning to use these with single coils, I think the jazz clip you posted sounded fabulous!

Cheers,

Mats N

No problem guys, I don't care for it so much. When I need a little more gain in a chrunchy rig I normally don't increase it with the gainknob. I set the pure boost in front of the amp, , Volume of the boost up to prox. 2 or 2,5 and I get it. Boost switched on/off with the remote. Happy.

This is the way I do it too.

Except when I use the Graphic EQ as a boost when I want a general boost and a little bit of extra push on certain frequencies.

Cheers,

Mats N

Yes it does, according to CK - but it is the same as increasing the gain in the profile. I think we are all in agreement, though, I just want to clarify for anybody else reading :)

If you read my first comment regarding this you see this exactly what I said.

Here the text:
    "CK even said that the Pure Boost stomp is just a volume control that did nothing except increase volume. So in practice, increasing the amp gain would be the same as activating the Pure Boost and putting the same amount of gain in the booster."

So I agree with you that this is what CK said, but I personally think it does affect the sound differently.

Cheers,

Mats N

Yes, according to Christoph Kemper, Don and Burkhard the volume controls are all doing the same things.
    CK even said that the Pure Boost stomp is just a volume control that did nothing except increase volume. So in practice, increasing the amp gain would be the same as activating the Pure Boost and putting the same amount of gain in the booster.

The thing for me is that, I think I hear and feel a difference between those two actions. I feel that the Pure Boost gives a slightly fatter sound that I really love. Especially when using clean profiles. To me the Pure Boost is one of the best part of the KPA and I use it more and more to shape my basic sound.

Maybe there is some extra celestial digital mojo going on here.

Cheers,

Mats N