Posts by ckemper

No, this is a complete explanation.
    When we added your issues or questions, this chapter would even get longer.

The simple one would be:
    "Set the Clean Sense so that clean sounds are as loud as distorted sounds. Be happy and don't ask for the technical background"

If you know how to write this chapter more clearly, and maybe more from a users perspective, we'll be happy to take it over.

There is one and a half pages in the manual about Volume compensation an Sense starting at p. 18.

"Speaking of clean sounds, let’s talk about perceived loudness in respect to gain level. With distorted
    sounds, the perceived loudness is often determined by the amount of distortion, not by the level of the
    guitar. On the other hand, the perceived loudness of an undistorted, purely clean sound often depends on
    the type of pickups of your guitar. Our level compensation feature for clean sounds might emphasize such
    differences in level.
    So, if you notice that your guitar is too low or too high in volume when you turn the gain down to zero, adjust
    the “Input Clean Sens” parameter. This adjusts the sensitivity of the clean input so that the clean sound
    has the same loudness as the distorted version. Setting the correct input sensitivity is crucial if you want to
    get the most out of your Kemper Profiling Amplifier."

Please let me know, if this is confusing to you.

The Distortion Sense will affect the Direct out, too.
    You should set it to zero, when you run your reference amp for profiling.

The Clean Sense has no impact to the Direct out.

This could be even easier!
    Take advantage of the ever present volume compensation of the gain control.
    If you only use the right half of the volume pedals "Pedal Range" (Boost), and setting the Amp Gain to a cleaner initial setting you can sweep from clean to distorted without a volume drop, like you do it by hand turning the Gain control.

The internal volume compensation is perfectly scaled and hard to match by midi devices from external.

Balance the clean and distorted level by Clean Sense in the Input menu.
    Please revise, if you have further questions.

Yes, mikeb.
    If it was the case that we had the chance to analyse your problem, or if you could bring us another two users that solved a sound problem by a flash format - that is somebody that you have helped - this would be a issue for us.

So far dozends of users have performed a flash format, without a result.
    This is no miracle: the sound chip (DSP) is not connected to the data in the flash memory. All data can be changed by a system reset or a simple rig change.

What is the exact problem?
    Your profiles sound compressed in comparison to the original?

What do you mean by "I can't bypass the pre"? How did you cable your mic-preamp?

Most important: have you refined your profiles? They might sound compressed if you haven't.

mikeb,

When you say "works perfectly" do you mean the aliasing disappeared?

I have formatted my flash memory before and it did not eliminate the spdif pops and crackles.

Mikeb doesn't say anything specific. He has solved a sound problem by a flash format months ago and since then gives this recommendation to everybody who has a sound problem. He doesn't care what specific problem you have.

We have no evidence that the flash format has solved any sound problem.
    But we had a number of people that lost their sounds by that, because they haven't done their backup right.

Mikeb, if you ever give this recommendation again without deeper analysis, I will ban you from this forum. No second warning!

CK

Thanks for replying, ckemper.

I understand what you mean. I just want to be able to monitor the delay/reverb as I record my dry signal (no matter if it's mono). Then I can reamp in order to record the wet signal with stereo effects.

By the way, great job!!!!!!

Then monitor by the analog outs!
    The analog audiopaths in the Profiler are of high quality and quite expensive parts, that you've paid.
    Go and use it :D

Back a few months ago I had the same problem, suddenly my Kemper was clipping on a lot of profiles.. I had to perform a flash memory format and then reinstalled a bunch of rigs. All was fine after that and is to this day. CK advises against doing the format so.. ask him what to do to fix it.

Mikeb, since this flash format is a repeating topic, let me ask you if you have performed a system reset prior to your flash format. Was the problem not solved after a simple system reset?

As for the harmonics as you have read I wasn't the only one who has experienced this, probably due to the headphones.

Even by carefully reading this thread again I could not find somebody else stating specific problems creating harmonics with the KPA.
    You are making quite a superficial impression, while many users were honestly trying to help.

But anyway, the Profiler and other digital amps are made for open-minded people who have a deep interest in their guitar sound, that goes beyond the amp and speaker cabinet. Not everybodies deal.
    We have learned a lesson ;)

Thanks, guitarnet70..

I knew about that option, but I just wanted to know why not an option like "git/master left". Thus, we can use deley/reverb while reamping.

I guess you don't really want to record the stereo reverb and delay in mono. This is why this option does not exist.
    A mono reverb is awfull!