Posts by skoczy

Free 6505 To Rectifier 4x12 Liquid Profile.
    Tried the new Liquid tech today and it really works.
    This profile sounds amazing and the eq and gain reacts like the real amp !
    https://u.pcloud.link/publink/…qz2AWCDjaE2uXjIbmzuSPJUKV

Hi mickrich

I downladed your profile and noticed, that when I enable Legacy Delay tha is in the profile, it disappears after fraction of second, the tails are cut off immediately.

When I change this delay to another effect/delay in thi slot and then switch back to Legacy Delay, it works correctly.

I'm on 10.0.0.46696

Could you confirm this?

I know it's not Kemper specific, but what type of delay should I choose and how to set the parameters - and HOW to play it, so the delay repeats the same notes as I play in tempo?

Something like this:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Thank you.

ok - your earlier post indicated you could use a USB hub if it's active (powered). My passive hub works as well as a direct USB C to B adapter from the laptop, in that both work but the connection is still a bit finicky. I think the Profiler just doesn't like to have any adapter or hub between it and the laptop -- which is tough when many laptops no longer have USB-A ports.

I'm not sure if USB-C ports feed more power to external devices, but classic USB-A has 500mA to be shared across all connected devices.

Profiler is dumb as any electronic device. If the adapter/hub delivers enough power, Profiler just sees USB connection. If it's passive hub, devices must fight for 500maA and they get discontented time after time.

There are definitely differences between the Kemper and a conventional amp, the reaction between the player and a regular guitar cabinet is probably the biggest hurdle for me.

This concludes all the topics, when people get disappointed after buying Kemper.

I also think that studio and live situations are when Kemper excels, but to get amp in the room, you need to have amp in the room. Which is most of the time inconvenient, so Kemper came here as a great "90 something" percent solution.

why would the Profiler need a powered USB connection from a laptop? A USB stick isn't powered and its works fine. And RM will update the Profiler using a passive hub, it's just not 100% reliable.

You can go straight to laptop USB, but you can use active USB hub (with multiple USB devices).

Thank you for sharing your experience HowardBrown

I had very expensive studio monitors Neumann KH120, I had praised Yamaha DXR10, I had BAM200 with unpowered Kabinet. Before that, I had multiple setups that also didn't work for me.

I'm not trying to say, that Kemper is bad. It's great for what it is and the company and support is second to none.

But I think that amp in the room, can be only achieved by amp in the room. I was recently in a music store and the guy played some rock chops on Epiphone Les Paul on some Marshall halfstack. There is this 1% of nuances, that makes you miss it, when you're trying to emulate it.

I'm not an electrician, but I use me ears here. I think there is something in the interaction between real tubes in poweramp and speaker, that cannot be replicated.

Hi GC,

No hub, straight into a USB on the PC's motherboard.
    I don't mind it not being able to do it through RM as it's easy enough using a USB stick but I wish RM wouldn't try...:)

You can use USB hub if it's active (has outputs powered by external source) I'm using TP LINK UH720 and it all works. Cheap passive USB hubs cannot deliver enough juice to all USB outputs.

It's mentioned, not to connect your Kemper to Mac/PC using USB hub.

I have it connected like this since few months and it works flawlessly.

Have you ever encountered this plug/unplug USB annoying notification, when having multiple USB devices connected to you USB HUB?

It's because you're using passive USB hub. It cannot deliver enough current to devices connected.

Since I bought https://www.tp-link.com/en/hom…computer-accessory/uh720/ active USB hub, I have my Kemper, Arturia Keylab49 Midi keyboard, USB keyboard/mouse combo and whatnot connected and it all works.

Can i request to remove this entire post? i dont want to bum anyone out any longer and i dont want to get anymore bummed out. I dont want to bring any negative emotions to the forum or be that p*ssy whingy forum user.

Appreciated. x

You're not bumming anyone, stop caring about others having pain of existence, because you want your unit working right.

IMPORTANT: you are not bringing emotions, emotions cannot be passed through air like sound (air pressure) or through keyboard on forum, emotions arise inside of people, mostly unconsciously based on beliefs. When one learns how to maintain emotional life, which comes down to getting rid of external beliefs, life becomes as it should be.

What's strange to me is how do you let this problem live for 5 years and this thread go for 8 pages long? The problem isn't your 6 guitars. I'd have swiftly done a factory reset and gone to a friend or a music store with another KPA to compare side by side the sound of a factory profile so you know whether or not the problem is your hardware.

I don't mean this personally, there just seems to be so many curious threads here on the theme "Help, my possibly defective guitar processor has been keeping me up at night for 5+ years but since I'm not sure, I need more opinions to know if I should keep putting up with my dissatisfaction or not".

Anyway, hope you sort it out!

I'm not defending anyone, nor I'm attacking anyone, but not everyone of us is active musician, knows other folks that have Kempers to compare our gear, lives in bigger ciy that we can go to music store an compare. I think there are many guitar enthusiast here, that work full time job, and arranging with another Kemper side by side thing is a challenge.

In this particular case, in the recording posted at Look how awesome Kemper users are. I can hear obvious fizz/hiss, which is not anything that can be rectified by EQ.

I hope OP sorts it out. And I didn't read this post as "Help, my possibly defective guitar processor has been keeping me up at night for 5+ years...."

Just plucking the A string and gradually adding gain. Barely got to 11-12 oclock and it started to come in. It sounds like an intonation problem maybe truss rod adjustment or saddle adjustment because it does sound like distorted fret buzz but ive altered both to the point where its like a blummin cello and its still there.

These are brand new strings too ( a few days old) not that makes any difference at all new or old same problem.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

in this example I can't hear the buzz/hiss as obvious as in first example, when you stop playing / between you riff chops - I'm not saying it isn't there, just in 1st case I heard it immediately

Appreciate the input buddy ive already tried all of these suggestions.

Clean signal is flawless clean profiles are wonderful. the moment distortion/gain is introduced the problems start.

good luck with whatever you come up with

I didn't have such thing, my Kemper is fine, but sleeping in the closet now :) since the functionality and convenience of Yamaha THR30II wins for me :)

There's a obvious fizz coming out, when you don't play, no discussion about it.

Maybe that's dumb suggestion, but can you try Kemper in different electrical outlet or even try it in different building? Maybe the current delivered to Kemper is "not healthy", maybe you have some electrical devices that affect you electric guitar pickups when playing distortion.

Is it the same on clean?

You mentioned that you play EMG pickups, is the 9V battery fine, or maybe there's some shortage in electronics. Have you tried with guitar with passive pickups?

Kemper is not for everyone. There are plenty of guys out there gigging with a 1x12 Mesa tube amp, an eq/boost pedal, and a guitar that sound fantastic and love their sound.

I still find that I come back to the sound with a band and the ease of setup outweighs all concerns with amp in the room sound; however, others have different priorities and different hot buttons. For them, KPA may not be the right answer.

This was the case for me. I'm not playing live, I don't need to have ease of setup, I'm not saving my back by not dragging heavy amps/cabs.

I'm bedroom player, which I believe many of us are. And I found that actual playing is more important than having better gear with better effects.