Posts by Geraldo7

Hi Gerald... O,
    i think it would be better with no backings and when you didnt normalize with cubase. The normalizing prozess pressed everything to one dB level and cuts the headroom of a profile. I think its much better when you record every profile with the max of headroom, just a step bevore clipping. Than you hear the real difference between the profiles. I compared your freebee with some other profiles ( you know that commercial guy ;) ) and your profile volume is much lower. Cant get real punch out of it ( just my 2 cents, dont want to offend).

I realy like what you do and the enthusiasm behind it, but the soundfiles and the freebee didnt catch me.
    Whatever, you know i am more into the high gain sounds, next beer is up to me when we met again :D

thanks for the flowers. yuyu, the hi-gain fraction. :D After all, boosted or not, it still remains a no master volume plexi amp. no hi-gain here.
    but punch, really? i mean, i get the hell of punch out of #4. Not? Have u tried a hi-output single coil? i think this comes really to life with a SC.
    Anyway thanks, you know who you are. no hurt feelings here. I consider reamping the way you mentioned tomorrow, so maybe stay tuned. cu :thumbup:

You need mroe than one monitor mix - no guitar in the singer's mix.

How many monitors do the Reagonomis have when gigging? :D we had one where i was standing. (quintet) and that was the one with no guitar as this happenned.
    (i left the band soon).

Isn't the point of using DI profiles yo use them with a real tube amp and guitar cabinet?And, using "Direct Amplifier" cabinets with a linear power amp and a real guitar cabinet?
    I do not -- as my language is german -- understan it fully. If you find time: could you describe the chain more in detail. thx, paul

I think thats just human and not always objective. Its more about brands. And its a kindof trap. Moneywise I often went into this trap - but finally discovered a super weapon against it, namely: A/B-ing! Record a track with what you call best FX in the world (it must be, was fu**ing expensive!) and then do it again with the inferior one, finetuned as close as possible to match the other.

Now for the funny part: as long as YOU will switch between those tracks and KNOWING which is which, you will clearly hear that BIG difference. If somebody else will randomly switch between A and B (blind A/B-ing) you will get lost more often than you liked to. Things are getting even worse when some decent audio engineer will do some EQ-ing on both tracks to fit a song better or to match them better.

This in IMHO one of the most important things, not only concerning effects, concerning everything. i always make markers in cubase for my wife so that she can play my
    recorded profiles when i look to the other wall.

Still, i think the felt quality of the strymon effects are much much better and stand each and every Blindfold test. If KOS 5.x gets us nearer, i'd be a happy kemperite.

Important notice. I had to change the Terms&Conditions. From now on you will get only the 7 best profiles. Period.

If you are interested in tweaking i can send you a folder with 49 rigs. good and bad, even worse. The Story behind it.
    Wrecks and Desasters, too. Just gimme a message on checkout or use the contact.

You are welcome. The thing with my name is: official persons call me Gerald, friends my wife included Geraldo, i think you belong the the second category ... :D

Topic says it all. Google finds again more than the forum search. Anyway. Here is question. In case you buy or download a DI profile. Naked. without speakers attached.

What is

• the recommended method of testing it? I presume choosing one of your favourite speakers first. is it? i would do this, but i want to hear your opinion.
    • okay, you tested it. raw as it is. let's say you have a kemper rack or powerhead. Do you leave it raw as it is for a rehearsal? or do just de-activate speaker simulation? after loading a speaker for yourself. i do not know, because i have a Kemper head and i ALWAYS go two ways. using a 1x12 at least plus the PA. this way i can hear myself, i had the most strange things happening. From: Oh, the FA man comes later, it will work. which it did not. Most funny thing: The singer said: Oh no, guitar in the monitors is a no go i cannot sing this way. that is what she said. 8o
    • do you need a speaker in the cabinet section or do you leave it empty? THX

I posted a snapshot in another of your threads, matey.

Ha! No, no, this is real good, translate my page to english with google, haha! This IS hilarious. One example:

What you can learn with me exactly and how the whole proceeds, is precisely on the instruction page explains. Means really:
    I am going to explain en detail how i teach and the procedure of lessons on my "instruction" page.

Goodness, it's still a long way to Babylon 1.0 where we will speak in Mandarin and someone listens to it in Portugese -- real time, ofcourse. Ha! :P

Here is the website with the profiles --- Geraldo's Gear

Thank you for ordering, testing and commenting, folks. For those of you that have the pack:
    do you think it is possible to blow a speaker with one of those strange profiles that were thought as a plus
    in order to get the idea of how difficult it was to find the sole sweet spot of the beast. i mean honestly apart from other wrecks and desasters

@ashtweth My nuts are now in a warm water bath , i am okay i can cure my self as you know

am i responsible if someone destroys his speakers? ?( i mean do you play DI profiles at full volume, have i misunderstood sth?
    i always thought i DO NOT play DI profiles unless i add a speaker of my liking. Not?

Thx

Does that mean 12 or 36 or 48 essential profiles. Like this amp, too.

I am sorry for this misunderstanding. yo, @Monkey_Man this is indeed my official homepage.
    and since i did not hope that australian students wanted to come to my home studio, THIS is in german only.
    I am going to offer you 3 units for FREE, if you come the long way from down under. :D

Now seriously, i make a little bit of money to pay my rent and stuff by showing 12 year-olds the secrets of the Emin-chord.
    And teaching a 50-year-old pilot from Cornwall the Sex Pistols, because he always wanted to do it when he was young.
    Things could be better, things could be worse ... ;)

In my signature there is the PROFILE SITE to be found, since there are many on tabs only here (goodness, the youth), i place the link here also.
    If you would be so kind to forgive me and visit me here on GG (geraldo's gear) i would be very happy and make you a very special offer:

Download the PlexxyPack and you can buy in Australian Dollars, if you want 'em in the first place, ofcourse. AND you would have to go through
    the hassle and do it manually which again could drive some one with monkey fingers mad. ;(

Now, seriously, brother, i love you, do whatever you want, but get the heck out of here and visit my english only site. Have a nice day.

Geraldo's Gear

Hi there,

please use the profiles in the "Treasury" with care or not at all. Some of em seem to clip the Kemper into the dark red zone.
    one user reported a problem with some of em. i think the cream profiles do not and cannot clip even with EMG active pickups. Please load the other profiles
    on own risk, or check the output LED before playing them right out of rig manager. I'll see into this.
    This note is only for the users that have ordered already, those will be removed in my next mails anyway.

Use those 7 in the cream folder, they cover any and every nook and corner this amp is capable of. Thank you!

I appologize for driving you insane, Harry. I feel very bad now. ;)

the reason for this tohoowabohoo are my guitars, one tuned usual, one in D, not dropped D, one in DropD, and now

this is driving me nuts ...

to clarifiy things up, and kudos to you; Jam1 is in Cmin, but fingered like it were in D
    , Jam2n3 are Dmin, 4 is in Dsth5 (Alice in Chains) thx!