Posts by PBGas

You can't Profile with your other solution, you wish you could, but you can't, Mr Sarcasm

Sure can. I can easily capture a "cab" with the Two-Notes product. It works great! I've completed 4 cabs already and they sound fabulous. Outstanding support and free updates from that company as well.

Again folks, please don't get your nuts in a bunch here. I'm not dissing the Kemper product at all or their support team nor am I ungrateful. I paid for the product. The product works great, has great features, etc. No question there. I'm just at odds with the way they went about doing things, that's all. Over and done, I'll forget about it and leave it at that.

And an AxeFX? Not in your life. Not at all interested in one of those for anything.

Really insulting comments here from some folks. No need for that...but hey, people are behind keyboards and monitors so, it's bound to happen. I was just stating my opinion, not an insult to Kemper user.

No worries. The unit speaks for itself in terms of quality and sound and really has revolutionized things. Enjoy your Kemper, have fun and make some great music. I've already done that and made some decent money with it so I'm happy about that. Hey....at some point, I may get another one but for now I am happy.

:)

You guys crying about the vapor ware optional power amps are behaving like children. Any and every company reserves the right to do whatever they want regarding their product lifecycle and product catalog. you don't like the direction? Go find another product which can profile amps and has a built in power amp. Oh yeah. There isn't one. Lot's of companies announce things, even roll out products to NAMM, which never see a retailer shelf.

Apologies Will....didn't intend to come across as an arse here. Just still ticked at the whole scenario, not a you.

As with the others on the prices. As soon as something else comes out, the prices on the used market will plummet and you'll see these all over the place just like any other product that has come and gone in the past.

Never criticized the product itself because it is very good for all of it's features, no question there. I just wish that they would have addressed the Performance Mode and the startup time of the unit.

That would be a true statement if there hadn't been an official statement from the company right on their product page saying that an upgrade process to fit the power amp would be in place. I purchased a non-powered head based on that information. It was misleading, and no rebate on a new product is going to make it better. If I go to sell my unpowered head right now, it's going to be competing with a glut of other non-powered KPA's on eBay that otherwise wouldn't have been there if an upgrade path had existed, and my sale price will be reduced accordingly.

Sorry, very bad business on Kemper's part.

Exactly!

Please Will_Chen....save the fanboy stuff for another discussion. No one was assuming anything here. It was an announcment that was made officially at Namm. I bet the Performance mode on your machine is working, correct? :rolleyes: Would that be one of the hopes that you have? It's screened on to the front of the damn machine and still not running!

No question, the unit sounds fabulous. No question, there are some great updates and features.

Most of all....great people in this forum for lots of help and ideas!

However, I'm glad that I'm not the only one who was a bit ticked off with this announcement as well. Very poor decision making from CK et al.

I'm also not going to wait another year for a footboard as seems to be indicated. Still have no performance mode more than a year later. I'm not into a bandaid solution at this point so I figured I would cut my loss. I didn't want a Kemper and an amp. I wanted one solution that I could use with my 4x12 cab. I wasn't happy with the current FRFR out there and wasn't willing again to wait for another 12 weeks for the popular solution, CLR. Tried several poweramps through my cab and there was just something missing and I don't see the point of that if you aren't using the cab modelling that was attached to the profiles.

Thankfully I was able to sell my Kemper for a good value and recoup my losses.

I have since moved on to a solution that does in fact sound better to my ears and I'm completely happy with it as it gives me exactly what I was after.

The biggest issue with the Kemper is that you are at the mercy of whoever profiles the amp/cab. You can switch cabs from other profiles but in the end, it tends to all end up sounding the same to me. Personally, I'd like to be able to switch different mics, positions, distance, etc. I realize this was not the intention of the Kemper unit. I should have went with my current solution I have instead.

Lesson learned. Mistake made, I'll move on.

Try Long-McQuade....larger dealer with more buying power than Moog. They just sold one last week that they got in stock in my area so these things are coming in.

What really "is it"? And how many other 500 watt, coincident, phase-coherent, 70-18,000 Hz +\- 2,5 (!!!) db, 90° by 90° radiation pattern cabs are you aware of, and at what price point?
    Your statement implies that there's much better for the price and I - no kidding - look forward to knowing what's that (being on the market for an active cab).

Thanks for your feedback, and enjoy your new gear course!

No worries, my friend. no worries at all. Again, I think I was more upset with the whole poweramp announcement.

With the Atomic stuff, I think how that should of read is that for $1000......I mean, it literally is a speaker and a box with an amp (albeit specialized...we know this, yes) but again, it is made in China. I know that there was a lot of R&D for it and the costs associated with that can be expensive. I just don't get the pricing on it. Again, nothing against Atomic or Tom. Good folks and great customer service. I was just turned off by that price and even more by the waiting time. I was very close to purchasing but realized that for me it wasn't where I wanted to go.

As someone pointed out, hopefully a few more solutions come into place for you guys that compete and drive the price down.

PBGas, sad to see you go.
    Hopefully, you'll be back sooner or later! ;)
    And I agree about the poweramp policy somewhat.

Plus I can't help thinking it would be a good decision for Kemper to think about joint venturing with KPA- solutions for the poweramp.
    The stereo capabilities of the camplifiers are more attractive anyway.

Thank you, my friend! I was hoping that would have happened as well with the KPA solutions piece. No worries, either way. The product is great and people have realized it!

At the end of the day, it's not always an easy choice to make when choosing a monitor! I think the CLA stuff sounds great but is way overpriced really for what it is! Atomic is another company who has some great customer service, hypes the product like crazy and then can't deliver for like 8 weeks.

As for the Kemper, I was hoping for an upgrade for a power amp but was really disappointed when I heard this news. In essence, I'm not overly happy with how Kemper made the initial announcement and then basically pulled the plug on it a couple of months later. I was anticipating an update for my unit. That is like dangling a carrot and then taking it away. Had I have known this, I could have returned my unit and gotten almost 90% back on it through a store return instead of having to sell it at a reduced rate 3 months later. I do understand the decision, no question. The logistics for upgrading the unit and passing standards all over again would be a nightmare. In essence though, while the folks at Kemper are doing some great things and it is a wonderful product, I feel that they really haven't really always thought out the best strategy here when it comes to development.

So, I simply sold my unit the other night and am moving to a different setup. Sure, I could simply have bought a new Powerhead or powered rack, but I'm not anticipating them shipping up here anytime soon and I wanted a solution that would suit me more. It took me almost a year to receive my unit last time. The absence of a footswitch is another issue. We know it's coming. I just don't anticipate it being any shorter this time.

Perhaps I'll get another one some day when things are a bit more settled.

One thing I will say, this is a great forum and there are some really nice folks here who are always willing to help and have some great ideas and advice.

Doc....good to hear that I am not the only one not going FRFR. I had originally intended to but I'm still having an issue of not having that amp/cab behind me. I know the new Atomic CLR setup is very nice but at 1000$ and then shipping, just isn't a solution that I am looking for. Nice to see you have found something that works nicely for you! :)

Hi Kemper folks...

Can you perhaps re-check the .zip file that you put up withy the 1.6.1 operating system on the main site? I can't get it to unzip on my Mac. I've had no issue with your other updates but looking into the archive on this particular file and it looks like it wasn't saved in a way that is friendly for us Mac users.

Many thanks for your help! In future a .dmg file would be preferred as a cross platform consideration such as you did with the cabinet file.

Paul G.

I actually owned the rack unit... VB101, I think is the model. You could use two cabs and mix them together for a more custom sound. Anyways.... I didnt really care for it to be honest. There is nothing that the Torpeco could do that I couldn't do with some of the IR's floating around out there. Anyways... just my opinion on the Torpedo. Plus I know someone who cooked his amp with one of these things.... :( $500 dollars later his amp was restored... ouch!

YIKES! Before the Kemper came to light, I was actually considering one of these units. The Cab unit has some potential if you are running a pedal.

Still....hard to see how someone could damage their amp other than user error being a factor in that they didn't match up the impedance correctly? I found a few more demos of the unit that are actually very good. This is a product for someone that has the amp they absolutely love and enjoy those same sounds. There is nothing wrong with that at all.

as much as I want it all now....I realize...if we had that, we would be bored and would have nothing to look forward to. I think it is great that we are having all of these new updates and items in somewhat of a timed-release. The one that irks me more than anything is the footboard but I know at least it is coming and in development.

The unit itself is so easy to navigate that the editor isn't high on my priority list at this point. It would simply be a bonus for me.

The one piece that I really want to see completed sooner than later is the Performance mode. It's on the switch, described in the manual and thus, should be their first priority to complete.

Let's see what happens in a few weeks!