Editor preview!

• In all honesty guys - while I can find great use for an editor (especially right now - when my workflow is highly DAW based) - I rather like the knob and button based approach to editing that the Kemper design allows me. This is the same thing as mixing/mastering on a real console - as opposed to a point-and-click interface. It's quick and easy - it's like having a custom control surface made just for the Kemper ;). It's an absolute convenience for playing live as well!

Now for those who'll inevitably scream 'Kemper Fanboy' :) - I'll have you know that I'm looking to get an Axe FxII for the studio later this year - yes, over and above my gorgeous Kemper ;) - and I fully understand why an editor such as this is absolutely required for that device. It makes sense in that case - editing can be quite an adventure. I havent discussed this with my Kemper yet - but I plan to soon (waiting for 1.70) - and I do hope they'll get along ;).

Now that being said - if there's a KPA editor/librarian that seamlessly works with Logic (or any other DAW as a plugin) - and provides me USB MIDI and audio integration (like my Virus does) - then we're talking (and I would be supremely happy). But Im sure that this takes time and effort - and I'd rather (selfishly) have the team focused on getting high-priority items out of the door first ;).

Just my 2c ... Peace ...

• The editor was handy with the Axe-Fx, but I have absolutely no need for it with the KPA.
    Some kind of librarian would be nice to have though.

Agreed. It would be nice, however, if the librarian allowed MIDI program change numbering to be assigned. Organization would be greatly simplified IMO.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• God... you guys dont get tired of renaming patches? lol.... JUST a tool for that (usb with computer) and a way to put patches in folders and I will be happy, then maybe no need for an editor but come on....

:cursing:

• "Agreed. It would be nice, however, if the librarian allowed MIDI program change numbering to be assigned. Organization would be greatly simplified IMO."

OMG that is an absolute must!

:thumbup:

• Hahaha! :thumbup:

I like this futuristic picture, because I see a lot of features which are existing only in our imaginations, not in the Kempers menu... ;)

• Yes, I know VESmedic1, because I was an AXE FX user almost two years, before the KPA...

My comment was a little bit ironic, because if Fractal in his latest upgrades can use some Kemper reminder ideeas, why should not happen vice versa? :P Anyway the editors design and options are very close to the Roland, Line6 and all of the other manufacturers solutions and possibilities....

....but for our Kempers such concepts like dual amps chain, two way midi communication with CC assign options, editor, whammy and other usual features it appears to be futuristic... :(

Fortunatelly for us: the Kempers sounding and profiling features are futuristic for all of the other manufacturers!!! :thumbup:
    .....However we, the KPA users should not forget that we have chosen between Kemper and the others! 8)
    ....and I know that I have chose the right one. :love:

• I share your last thought, I just bought my kpa recently and I have chosen it in detriment to all
    the others and I don't regret it. But as CK said at namm, development will continue
    so that it can be even better, and so we are getting new improved OSs, new
    effects and still waiting for more, and also a dedicated pedalboard...
    I believe that an editor/librarian makes part of the expectable improvement and
    for me, the sooner the better.

• as much as I want it all now....I realize...if we had that, we would be bored and would have nothing to look forward to. I think it is great that we are having all of these new updates and items in somewhat of a timed-release. The one that irks me more than anything is the footboard but I know at least it is coming and in development.

The unit itself is so easy to navigate that the editor isn't high on my priority list at this point. It would simply be a bonus for me.

The one piece that I really want to see completed sooner than later is the Performance mode. It's on the switch, described in the manual and thus, should be their first priority to complete.

Let's see what happens in a few weeks!