Posts by paults

-20db from the Kemper is not too much signal for either mixer.

Mackie MAXIMUM INPUT LEVEL
    XLR = +21dbu
    1/4" = +30dbu

Turn down the GAIN control on the Mackie channel input until there is no clipping,

- - - - - - - -

Behinger mixer:

Same thing - Turn the GAIN (mic) or GAIN (line) knob down on the mixer's input channels until the clipping is gone.

Connect the Boss pedal to Input 2. THAT is the jack for what you want. And, set Wah Pedal to Pitch = ON

Mine works fine that way.

You can have both Pitch and Wah be automatically bypassed at the pedal all the way up, or all the way down.

The wah can be set to not turn on until you move the pedal, using "Bypass @ toe" or "Bypass @ Heel".
    If you move the pedal, the wah comes on.

Pitch can also be set to "0" pitch change with the pedal at Toe or Heel. Move the pedal, the pitch changes.

Note: As far as the FC-200 goes, ask a separate question in the "Other Gear" section about it - there are people who use it, but your questions are hidden in this "hello" thread.

I agree - it was Fender marketing. They likely did it on purpose.

When the Stratocaster came along, they wanted to advertise their new bridge as something different and far superior to Gibson and Bigsby Vibrolas. So, they called it a Tremolo bridge.

So, the tremolo circuit in their amps needed a different name. They picked Vibrato for that :)

"The Profiler offers a feature to share a Wah Pedal to control Volume and Pitch as well. These can be activated via global switches in the System Menu. In other words, if there is no active Wah nor Pitch effect in your current rig, the pedal controls volume. If such effects are active in your current rig it controls those instead of volume. This functionality applies regardless, if you connect an analog expression pedal directly and assign Wah Pedal functionality to it or if you send MIDI Control Change #1 from any MIDI controller."

This next statement will either be completely liberating, or make you decide to stop recording with a Kemper:

You can really NEVER reproduce the exact same sound as a profile. This is not because of the Kemper, and not because of a lack of information in the profile.

Even if you know the exact gear, microphone, and general mic placement, that is still no guarantee you can reproduce the sound.

You would need:

1) the exact make, model, age amplifier, with the exact same age and wear on the power transformer, and capacitors.
    2) the exact same mic placement, position, angle, distance from the speaker.
    3) the exact same amplifier settings.
    4) the exact same tubes in the amp.
    5) the speakers would have to have the same amount of break-in, be the same age, come from the same factory
    6) the mic would also need the amount of break-in, be the same age, come from the same factory
    7) I'm sure there are other "mojo" elements I am not thinking about.....

There is one HUGE advantage to limiting yourself, though. If there are only a few Rigs you will record with, you may get a lot more recording done:)

Maybe one day I'll put together this rig:

[Blocked Image: http://img5.fotos-hochladen.net/uploads/megarackzbcpkh8ytj.jpg]

Yes... I'm a gear nerd! :D

WAY Too much to carry ;)

My live rig set up peaked at two 50 watt Marshall Silver Jubilee heads, two 4x12 cabinets (in stereo, of course), a six space effects rack, and a large pedalboard.

The Kemper and a DXR10 sounds almost as big. A second DXR10 would easily sound as big, if not bigger.

Life is good :)

You have a source besides the forum:

You can download Rigs directly from the Kemper website - from the Rig Exchange:

http://www.kemper-amps.com/rigexchange

There are seven with the word "djent", and all the other likely amps are there, too.

DJENTKM-5150Mars 1960Wes3.50 / 5.00September 27, 2014 Djent sound
    (2 votes)

Don't Call It Djent 1.0Peavey 6505Justin3.00 / 5.00August 25, 2014
    (2 votes)

Don't Call It Djent 1.0Peavey 6505Justin0.00 / 5.00August 25, 2014
    (0 votes)

Crate 1200H SO DjentCrate GT 1200HImpulse FriedmanDaniel Moreira4.67 / 5.00August 02, 2014 Boss Super Overdrive
    (3 votes)

333XL HiG SO DjentBugera 333XLImpulse FriedmanDaniel Moreira2.50 / 5.00August 01, 2014 Boss Super Overdrive
    (2 votes)

DjentRythmMesa BoogieMarshall JCM900 LeadBetrayedBySunrise0.00 / 5.00February 27, 2014
    (0 votes)

DjentCleanHillMarshall 1960AVBetrayedBySunrise0.00 / 5.00February 27, 2014
    (0 votes)