Posts by greenblob

Another +1 of gratitude for the work that was done on the editor. I used it a bunch to edit tag names of my favorites once I'll culled the list to sub 300 profiles. Simple stuff like changing some of the wacky Amp Factory bundles amp naming to make sense and be more easily sorted. Why Andy didn't name the amps used by Make/Model/Year/Mod still baffles me.. For example I had to added "Marsh" in front of the amp name "JCM 800 Hot Mod" so when i'm sorting by amp name, all the Marshalls are together instead scattered all over the list. Did this for approx 80 profiles from various makers. With out the editor I would have been forced to use the Kemper encoder knob method, one... letter.. at... a... time.. Basically, I would have just said screw it, and not bothered if that was the case.

A batch editor if possible would be golden, but the basic editor did the job for me..

Just wanted to say thankyou to the original makers! :thumbup:

The 40 and the 80 make some considerable noise even if I'm not playing. All 3 amps make quite some disturbing and kind of "electronic" noise during sustain and decay. Sounds very strange when I consider the quality of Andy's other products.

I dont have any issues at all here. I just ran through all the profiles in the pack with the input gate set at 0.0 and could not replicate what you describe. The higher gain profiles obviously have more noise than the the cleaner ones - but no more than any other profile on the kemper with all the gates turned off. I hear no difference when comparing to several of Andys other purchased amp profiles. For me, setting the input gate at 2.5 kills the slight hiss when not playing (single coil strat). I'm using the 1.7 Beta firmware also, in case it matters.

Really digging this bundle!

Just purchased the Lazy J pack.. very very nice indeed!
    Personal favorites after a quick play with some youtube blues backing tracks are the LJ 80 Full, LJ 40 push2 and the LJ Sweet presets. Love the way the amp responds to guitar vol change with P90's - and has some real balls with vintage output humbuckers too! Only played the bundle briefly at home, but its easily makes it into the Top 3 Amp Factory purchases i've made so far (and there have been a few!)..

excellent :thumbup:

Not really familiar with Atomics stuff but I'm looking for a new powered wedge possibilities to befriend my Kemper.. Apologies for my ignorance, but what's the go with availability of the CLR's? I just checked out their site and am a little mystified by the "reserve yours today" thing..

I currently use a QSC K12 which I've been ok with, but my singer recently offered to buy it and offered close to what I paid (used) .. Never hurts to look at other options and I like what I'm hearing from you guys with the CLR's..

I'm in the U.S.. Are they/will they be available here?

Thanks..

Selectable midi map configurations. (For swapping between programmable and non programmable midi controllers)

I'm under no illusion that this would be high on the wishlist of the majority of users, but it would help me out!

I use a Rocktron Midiraider live, and a Tech 21 Midi Mouse at home and at jams. The midiraider is awesome and does almost everything under the sun, but not exactly compact, requires a power adaptor wall wart, and weighs quite a bit.

The midimoose is basic (2 sequential up/down midi # footswitches, with a 3rd "engage" footswitch), but very small (fits in back of kemper toaster with the midi cable), does not need a power supply (9v batt) and weighs next to nothing. Perfect for jams when all I'm taking is a guitar softcase and the kemper.

I'd love to be able to make and save a "midi map profile" simmilar to how you can adjust, name and save input clean/dist sensitivity settings for guitars with different output pickups.

Using the Tech 21 Midimouse with the midimap for the Rocktron is just painful as my midi numbering is setup to be logical for the 16 button midiraider..

I dont expect it to be high on Mr Kempers priority list.. but if dont ask, you rarely recieve!

Thanks! :thumbup:

I jumpered the loop and the weird pop is still there.. I played a show friday night and threw caution to the wind - it clipped badly.. our sound guy had a limiter on my channel which took the brunt of it.. i didnt use it again though..
    Going to reinstal the 1.60 firmware tomorrow and see what happens.. will update if its successful.. thanks for the help so far..

Had rehearsal tonight.. Switching the timefactors input/output gains did not help..
    Setting the tf input to "guitar" was had the expected result (too much signal into the tf.. Occasional clipping.. The kemper loop is line level)
    Setting the tf output to "amp" lowered volume when loop was engaged (as expected) - but - the kemper still clips in the same manner on initial loop engagement..

Good idea though.. Thanks for the suggestion..

Still looking for answers.. ?(

Thanks for the idea. The only other effect block thats active is an eq in the stomp section. The Timefactor delay has no compression function and its inputs clipping led never indicates a problem

Edit: there is also a gate active in the "A" slot.. Forgot about that.. Not the cause though.. I think I'm just going to have to ditch the loop idea and run the delay infront of the kemper which is ashame. More cables, stage clutter and hassle.. and obviously less than great delay clarity this way, but the loops switching pop is unusable live until I find the culprit..
    What am I missing??

Hey,

:Link to YT video of clippng issue:
    I'm getting really nasty clipping of the kempers output when I switch the fx loop in. This only happens when i Initially switch the loop on, everything sounds great with nothing clipping at all after the inital blow your socks off nasty digital engage. To make it stranger, this only happens if I don't switch the loop for 5 seconds or so.... if i switch the loop on/off/on/off every second or so the switching does not cause the kemper output to clip... The output LED of the kemper goes Bright red for the switch.. then all is well... static buildup maybe?

I'm running an Eventide Timefactor in stereo (with in and out set to "line" level) through the loop of the kemper and switching the loop on and off ("mod" slot) via a midi foot controller (sending midi cc#24).

What I've tried so far without success,
    All combinations of Kemper ground lift switches (as it really seems like static discharge or something)
    Different presets on kemper
    Different presets on the Timefactor pedal
    Different guitars
    Timefactor in both mono and stereo loops
    Even strung a wire from the timefactor to the kemper for grounding.. Lol.. It was a longshot.. I know that! :S

Will make a video for this tonight to describe it better..

Any advice appreciated..

Thanks!

Nice thread hm2.. Appreciate the soundcloud link comparisons.. My experience has been simmilar to yours in the fact that some of my better profiles have seemed to be the result of dumb luck - I take the non scientific approach of trying a lot of things then pick the best profile of the bunch at he end.
    Is your preferred profile on the rig exchange? Would be cool to throw it out there and see if any of the more experienced users on here can chug up the bass response post profile..

greenblob, this looks quite nice!

As I am about to get a Rocktron Midi Raider, and having studied the user manual, I wanted to ask how you have configured your switches for the stomps and effects. Are you running them in global mode, or have you configured the switches per preset?

How do you deal with the instant access issue when changing presets?

I chose not to use global mode (for IA switching) as I dont really change rigs that much live. Really only use 4 Rigs in a 1.5hr gig, a Crunch and Lead rig of an Evil Robot, and a Clean and Full rig of a Mesa B. I really like the way the kemper responds to git vol knob changes - so a crunch rig doubles as my clean.. I only have any fx on the Lead rig (delay, dB boost and some compression). All other rigs I like have any non treatment fx turned off so I can tinker and choose what I want when were just jamming and writing. I'm not a big fan of changing "amps" mid song.. just sounds cheesy and distracting imo..

This also helps to avoid the IA out of synch issue I believe you were referring to (my description is back in post 12).. all the delays, verbs, boosts etc are generally off on a newly loaded rig so everything synchs 1st button press with no issue if i want to engage em..

I should mention, one of the big reasons I bought the kemper was to get away from my old pedalboard (i have waaaay to many pedals and it was becoming a bit of an addiction :| so i decided to go digital).. was getting very distracted live by pedal changing tap dancing instead of just playing and performing.. thus, I try to avoid changing patches if I can.. obviously the size, weight and repeatable live sound was also a huge seller..
    :thumbup:

Very excited to check some of these out..
    Just bought the 64 Selmer, Vox Coppertop, Orange Matamp and the ToneKing Galaxy.. Might have to go to rehearsal early tonight to give em a test drive..
    Really hoping the Vox Coppertop is accurate to Andys description.. will be one happy camper if thats the case!... ...

OK.. Screw it.. i'm gonna go to the jam room right now.. The suspense will kill me otherwise! :thumbup:

Havnt picked up an expression pedal yet but heres how I've laid out my midi pedalboard,

[Blocked Image: http://www.thefreemusiclabel.com/storage/Pictures/Brad%20Green/Blobs%20Midiraider.jpg]

I currently have seven of my favorite amps setup - each amp is dedicated to an entire bank with degrees of gain etc changed with the bottom 5 foot switches. Changing the bank is like plugging into a whole new amp while keeping button locations to what im now used too. The top 12 switches are setup for IA.

Working like a charm! :thumbup:

Is the firmware 1.6.0 (released yesterday, Jan 28 2013) different to the 1.6.0 BETA firmware (released Jan 10 2013)?

Is there any benefit for 1.6.0 Beta users if they upgrade?
    I only ask as i'm on the beta FW, have everything configured and running as i'd like, and would rather not tempt fate with a FW refresh if there is no change.

I searched the forum for a good hour looking for an answer but didnt find anything.

Hopefully its not a stupid question :huh:

Thanks!

How long have you had your KPA? Which led died? Sweetwater will fix you up.. I've returned a generic fx pedal before as the switch was intermittent and it all went smoothly.. Just curious on how old your KPA is..

Just my personal preference, but I'm not a fan of the rock pack.. I've purchased a bunch of andys stuff and found I end up using his raw profiles of amps like the, Evil Robot, HIwatt dr109 and jcm 800 much more than the full signal chain rock pack versions.. Add a few basic plugins after the raw profiles, and in a mix, the sound is awesome (and much more adjustable with amp designed DAW plugins).. I understand the rock pack is a full studio signal chain in a box and convent as hell for some applications, but I get more value out the raw amp captures.. Personally, I wouldn't buy the rock pack if I had it over again if I knew I was recording into a DAW. The amp factorys vintage bundle is killer (love it and recommend it!) and I've bought and use a good few of Andy's other profiles constantly, but the rock pack didn't float my boat.. All just my opinion though.. Not trying to start a war... :)