Posts by Pentatonic

I hope MW would consider having singles as well as pack of profiles since I think a considerable number of us here are just like me who don't like every amp in a pack. I think this will be a win win situation since as users we will just pay for the profiles that we like and the seller will have more customer base (singles + pack). IMHO the law of supply and demand will prevail in this situation and we will see who will sell better later.It is already very noticeable now, based on discussions, who among the commercial profilers is leading.

It's weekend so I just downloaded 14 singles to keep me very busy all day. Was just interested with TwoRock Coral Amplifier at first but then I didn't understand why my index finger kept clicking until purchase button. Do I need to see a doctor? :(

Thanks Paults for giving your thought, made me consider your advice:) Before KPA I had this itch and wanting for those boutique amps and hearing them on YouTube made me dream of having them. I know before KPA that it was a very long shot since I only have enough money for the family and little for that guitar passion. But thanks to KPA, it was a dream come true, not the real boutique ones but with all that flexibility of a KPA and its superb sound reproduction I think I'm in a better place. I have fitted in my room all the amps that I wanted and some more that I haven't heard and know of and still have plenty of space to play on. I'm still having that grin from the very first time I played KPA and up until now, I think you all know what I mean :) I'm done with my amp search and keen on new amp profiles down the Rig Exchange. A real paradigm shift from long ago.
    But the other side of my search is the guitar and having the same thought and itching I asked the question on this thread. The only guitar modelling I tried was only the Roland GR-33 which is not a guitar modelling after all. Somehow I succumb to the saying that "boys will be boys" and even if we grow old we still have and want our toys :)

I've been thinking for this a lot of times while playing my guitar and how much I wanted to have those very expensive real Gibson '59 LP and other very expensive guitars which I know I will not be able to play until I die. The question that keeps popping in my mind is that if Christoph can make a very good Access Virus and KPA , no need to describe how good they are:) , then what's keeping him from making a guitar profiler? But I think he has this in mind and maybe on to something and will rock us one day :)

^ Thanks Ingolf, I still have my Atomic Reactor 50 which I used extensively during my Boss GT10 days. GT10 is long gone and AR 50 has busted tube, I wanted to revive it and use it with KPA however I'm already satisfied with my QSC K12 since I learned to tweak it and KPA to my liking. Your post all the more make me not try this route, I still have my Ethos Classic and maybe, not sure when :), I will use it as dedicated amp for that pedal.

Sorry but you need to buy those commercial profiles so that sellers will have the incentive to have more and better profiles. They are already dirt cheap comparing to owning real amps and creating them also incur cost to the creator due to the equipment they use, the amp they profile (that they might need to borrow, rent and lug around), their time and most importantly their talent. There are lots of freebies in the rig exchange and it's not that hard to find profiles that can rival commercial ones.

You can also use the Rig Manager, create a directory and copy all profiles in your KPA. Do your OS update and if you found for whatever reason that profiles are different after updating then just delete them all then copy from your created directory. I have many directories in my RM and dump their content in KPA depending on profiles that I already segregated before.

Don't take my words seriously but about 3 months ago I traded my Laney VC30 212 to a nice ES 335 copy made by Edwards. On the night before the actual day of trade I dusted the amp and played it one last time and indeed there was this 3D sound that I'm hearing again that I was never able to hear (or feel) from KPA and also with my Tech21 TM130. I played the Tech21 since I suspect that it must be the open back cabinet that was making the sound, but the Tech21 didn't have it . Long story short I still went for the trade since KPA has a lot more magic than the Laney. I also tried playing my Blackheart 5 watter but it didn't have it also.
    Even with a good recording gear I think I don't know how to capture it because I don't understand where it was coming from.

The other solution, that I would personally use but I guess there is some reason why it is not used, would be applying a lowpass filter before conversion

Reminds me of my Boss GT-10 and the Harmonic Converger at the bossgtcentral.com way back them. I had the active one from a circuit I got at freestompboxes.com.

I struggled with my K12 the first few weeks and sort of wanted to sell it however later I learned to tweak the EQ at the output. I also accepted and learned that previous to Kemper I usually dialed my amps to smooth setting where I draw down the highs. However the commercial profilers dialed the amp at their best and that's how I learned to appreciate KPA and K12. I also listen at an angle to the K12 and not in front of it to stay away from the highs. Play also with the EQ sliders at the back of K12 and see how it goes.

I used an AER Cube 60 before when I got the Kemper new and didn't have an active speaker yet. For me it lacked the lowend and somewhat slightly brittle but it did the job for a while. Maybe your AC30 will behave differently but try it and share what you found. Maybe it has color switch like the AER or any coloring switch or effect kindly turn them off before you play to keep the amp neutral. It's just my opinion but I think to get the full potential of KPA you need a good FRFR powered speaker and you really need to spend time and effort to search for a good one before you buy. Also if you have a good computer speaker at home or from a friend or stereo sound system try it out to increase your sound awareness (just don't play too loud so as not to damage the speaker, just enough to hear the sound details :) Ultimately you will settle for what you think will be the best next move for you.

That in fact after having my KPA for more than a year I recently traded my Laney VC30 212 to an ES 335 copy made by Edwards. I usually hoard amps, buy and then keep them. However as time goes by I'm starting to believe what my logical self is telling me all along "why am I keeping the tubes?" More amps to follow.. I think :(:) Out of topic but this was my first time to own an ES 335 copy and realized I should have this kind of guitar long ago.

Thanks Oraakkeli, if not for your effort I won't have a chance to hear those old amps. One reason I also bought KPA is to hear those bygone and very rare amps. Its like listening to those vinyl records. They bring back certain kind of serenity in me.. :)
    By the way I don't have any problem downloading all of them..