What Do the Reverbs Sound Like?

• This topic came up on TGP and I'm not equipped to answer it as I don't have as much experience as others on Reverb units.

The comparison was one of what the KPA reverbs sound like..
    I'm interested in opinions from those who know various lines of high end reverb gear (TC Electronics, Lexicon, Eventide) as well as others (plugins like UA, Waves, etc)

I like the KPA, but I like my TC Electronic reverbs a lot, and heard someone comparing the KPA to the Lexicon and UA reverbs.

Or does the KPA reverbs sound unique to your experienced ears?

Thanks, just curious, as I do not know.

• The KPA reverb really isn't like anything else that I've tried. They all have their uses and they're all quite different, even the various plugins trying to emulate a single other reverb tend to be quite different, UAD, Waves etc trying to do a lexicon. So i think you'll find like most gear most people just go on "what I own = what sounds good" principle because it's what they know how to use. All you would need to know for those discussions is that the Kemper reverb can hold it's own and is a perfectly serviceable option as a raw effect for any guitarist or studio, although the spring model could do with a little more character.

• The KPA reverb really isn't like anything else that I've tried. They all have their uses and they're all quite different, even the various plugins trying to emulate a single other reverb tend to be quite different, UAD, Waves etc trying to do a lexicon. So i think you'll find like most gear most people just go on "what I own = what sounds good" principle because it's what they know how to use. All you would need to know for those discussions is that the Kemper reverb can hold it's own and is a perfectly serviceable option as a raw effect for any guitarist or studio, although the spring model could do with a little more character.

Exactly this.
    Most guitarists wouldn't normally bother to look further than their familiar Fender spring reverb, hence this is one of the most frequently requested features.
    Beyond that, it's only about preferences.

• IMHO are the effects in the KPA fine - not so much options as a AxeFx (which rules in this department) - but all I need for my use.

.. almost - I still miss a 2.delay and a SPRING reverb ;)

For my tube amps I use stomp boxes (for the ones without a real spring reverb):
    T-Rex RoomMate for the '57 Deluxe
    Digitech RV-7 for my Recto
    Neunaber Wet for my Friedman

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• Most of the KPA-effects are from ok to good, but not state-of-the-art.

I just bought the Strymon Timeline, a different delay-world, the Timeline-delays are simply much better.
    Next step will be to test the Strymon Mobius, because I've never been really satisfied with the KPA's modulation effects.

For reverb I always use plugins like the Native Instruments Lexikons -RC 24 + RC 48- or some other plugins (UAD, Waves ect.).
    All together the KPA offers a great bundle of effects and for me they are fine for the most live-occations, for recording I often prefer other stuff.

If I play with my tube-amps I use pedals like Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Fatboost 2, Okko Diablo, Okko Compressor, Mad Professor Auto Wah, TC Chorus, TC Reverb and from now on the Strymon Timeline.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de

Edited once, last by guenterhaas ().

• Yeah, I would almost always put time based effects (and possibly modulation effects as well) in my daw rather than directly to "tape". Unless you're darn sure everything will work without muck come mix time, with all the other tracks.

I guess you could connect both SPDIFs and Main outs (TRS) to the interface, and just monitor the output which has the effects on and record the output which doesn't (if you set it up that way on the Master page in the Kemper - and your interface supports all these inputs).