Posts by JAC

...so is it a case of assigning the pedals to the Kemper along with the expression rather than trying to go through the front of the amp?

Yes, you could try putting the fx pedals in the the kemper's loop. That would let you have a Kemper wah effect (controlled by your expression pedal) before the chorus and distortion, which is where it would usually be. You would also be plugging your guitar into the Kemper.

That shouldn't be a problem unless you want to use your Soldano's preamp. In that case you could try looking up the four-cable method, and see if it can be used with the Kemper, your amp and your effects.

What are you trying to get the expression pedal to do?

If you want to control parameters in the Kemper with an expression pedal, the only way I know of doing it, is to plug that pedal into the "Pedal 1" or "Pedal 2" input in the back of your Kemper unit, and then calibrating the pedal (and assign a function to it) in the Kemper's System menu.

I have a 3 button footswitch from TC/Digitech amps...still using just a single TRS cable, but I have to assume that is no good with the Kemper. I didn't try it. But the 4 button switch I've seen out of Poland uses 2 TRS cables, so I'm guessing it's 1 or 2 buttons max for each TRS cable.

I really want the matching Kemper 2 button, but can't find one in the US it seems. I like things that match LOL.

I have a Digitech FS3X 3-button footswitch and it works with the Kemper.

Plug it in, to switch/pedal 2

- go to page 7/18 in the system settings

- select Mode: Dual Switch

- the buttons on the footswitch from left to right are labelled "Mode", "Down" and "Up"

- the footswitch Mode button will operate whatever function you have assigned to "Switch Tip"

- the footswitch Down button will operate whatever function you have assigned to "Switch Ring"

- the footswitch Up button has the same effect as pressing the other two buttons together and thus operates both "Switch Tip" and "Switch Ring" simultaneously.

You can connect to such grounded devices and still have them plugged in but switched off, while you listen with headphones.

I had similar problems with another device, but shielding my guitar's electronics cavity solved it (mostly).

I hope soon! I'm really looking forward to this update. In the Tone Junkie youtube from Namm 2 months ago, Christoph said he thought it would be released in weeks, not months. I check the download section everyday with fingers crossed.

He said three things about this: "couple of weeks", he echoed the interviewer's "weeks not months", and he said, somewhat jokingly "maybe May".

The update could be next week, next month, May, or some date after that. That's the way it goes with software sometimes almost always.

From one commenter on the post:

"a BUNCH of cool tremolos, panner, harmonic trem. They all sound fantastic."

"no new choruses we saw, although they did mention more modulation effects are on the to-do list."

Exciting stuff!

Yes, you would have to also display the (unique?) name of the parent rig, and then there is the UI problem of actually accessing the parent rig from a child rig to edit it. Furthermore you would have the headache of multiple levels of inheritance, or disallowing such a thing. Probably a lot of development work for relatively little gain. Thanks for talking me through it.

Ok, double the number of fx blocks, add a physical rate knob for delay, and add some synth fx, and we'll call it a day!

I don't know if it's already been mentioned but rig inheritance could be useful.

When Rig B extends Rig A, it takes all the parameters of Rig A. If you adjust parameters of the parent rig (A), all parameters of the child rig (B) that haven't been modified directly are also changed.

For example, Rig A is the parent of Rig B and Rig C. The user modifies Rig B's gain directly. If we modify the gain on Rig A, Rig C's gain is automatically adjusted, but Rig B's gain is unaffected.

In this way you could modify multiple performance slots from a single parent.

The mix control on the drives can be useful. I found an 85% mix on the Green Scream to sound pretty much identical to my Ibanez TS Mini. That might depend on the profile you use it with; I'm not really fanatical about drive stuff.

Running Linux Mint 21.1 here, and it was plug-and-play. I'm able to record guitar onto Audacity, and hear music from youtube or wherever.

Download the latest update and check out the changes since your unit's current version that are listed in the Addendum.pdf. If there's nothing there that is required by your bass player, there may not be a solid reason to update.

On the other hand, if you have any kind of problem with the unit in the future, you may be expected to update the firmware to the latest version by support. Also, you may be required to update the firmware to be able to use the latest versions of the Rig Manager software on different platforms.

If the current OS is from 2018, you will have to install two updates to get it up to date. As per the instructions:

If current OS installed is older than 7.3.2, install 7.3.2 first.

For what it's worth, I have a kemper since 2013, and have profiles on it from around that time that still work. I've also updated the firmware at least a dozen times without any damage to existing profiles. I consider installing via USB the safest option, since you don't have to worry about the connection to your computer going down during the process, for whatever reason.