Posts by LiamThompson

Thanks Tim didn't expect anymore than the Direct profiles to be honest. Plenty of cabs in the selections already I can merge with so thanks again!!

I'm using kpa_firmware_20141128_1904_svn10549_beta --- (2.8) and have had no problem using your direct profiles at all. How I've been working is taking your direct profile adding my fx then re-saving with a new name, which saves the rigs in the new 2.8 format. They will no longer appear in rig manager once I've re-saved due to them being saved under 2.8. I could if I wanted to however re-save with the new hidden profile button turned off and it will save in the old 2.7 style format and appear in rig manager as normal. Either way their appears to be no issue using 2.8 with the direct profiles.

Sounds like a plan, I'll be watching for your post.

Right Tim, I'd be interested in seeing is if we can push bass up just a bit more than my last profiles and hopefully not destroy the super tight bottom end you have on the last set you did for me.
    Like I say I don't think we'd be able to improve on my personal preferences for me but its worth a try while the amp is still all rigged up i guess.

If time is an issue I'm mainly interested in Direct profiles, I'm sure the cabs from my other full profiles you made with merge well enough if you don't have time to do full studio profiles as well and I can merge my own direct profiles no bother.

Settings I'd like to suggest for me would be:
    All profiles - HBE Channel, All voice switch R, SAT On, Fat OFF, C45 OFF,

Gain 6, Bass 7, Mid 7, Treble 6.5, Presence 6, Master 3.5
    Gain 6, Bass 7, Mid 7, Treble 6.5, Presence 6, Master 4
    Gain 6, Bass 8, Mid 7, Treble 6.5, Presence 6, Master 3.5
    Gain 6, Bass 8, Mid 7, Treble 6.5, Presence 6, Master 4
    Gain 6, Bass 7, Mid 5, Treble 6.5, Presence 6, Master 3.5 (try a little less mids as I was also liking the feel of Hallans settings)

And only if you have time as I feel I'm asking to much and have asked for enough compared to others already:
    Gain 6, Bass 7, Mid 8, Treble 6.5, Presence 6, Master 3.5
    Gain 6, Bass 7, Mid 8, Treble 6.5, Presence 6, Master 4
    Gain 6, Bass 8, Mid 8, Treble 6.5, Presence 6, Master 3.5
    Gain 6, Bass 8, Mid 8, Treble 6.5, Presence 6, Master 4

BE Channel, voice switch R, SAT On, Fat OFF, C45 OFF,
    Gain 8, Bass 7, Mid 8, Treble 6.5, Presence 6, Master 4
    Gain 8, Bass 8, Mid 8, Treble 6.5, Presence 6, Master 4

Thanks again Tim for whatever you can manage

Hey Liam, thanks again for the kind words. I'm not sure what's next, I have a couple of things that I still want to try with the BE100, in fact, I made a bunch of profiles yesterday but they didn't turn out very good so I'm not even going to post them. Maybe in a week or so we can look at voting on another amp to profile. In the mean time if anyone wants any other custom profiles of the BE100 now is the time to ask since everything is still setup and ready to go.

Ok there are a couple more settings plus the relevant Direct profiles I'd like to try just incase is possible they may be even better for me. I'll post them up here tomorrow when I work out exactly what I need to finish this off

Tim, over the moon with the last two direct profiles you did for me. I can't think how they can be improved. From the samples you have gave us I was able to deduce over the phases what "my" settings would be and those last two were exactly the sound I had in my head, perfect. Must admit I also love Hallam's new rigs he requested too with the mids at 4.5.

Anyway what is next for you? More personal settings, moving on to a new amp or a little break haha? It's been a great little journey with everyone coming together and really nailing some top, top draw profiles. Been a pleasure to be part of this project.

P.S. you really should get a donation button added haha.

Hey Liam,

Here you go, I added the profiles to the Phase-8 folder which is here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kx0…bUPfd9nNqAL6boZlUR_a?dl=0

But here they are individually so they are easier to find:
    HAWP8F HBE06 VLC0S1 https://www.dropbox.com/s/6a1e3lewr24oe3y/HAWP8F HBE06 VLC0S1 - 2015-01-21 18-36-56.kipr?dl=0
    HAWP8F HBE06 VRC0S1 https://www.dropbox.com/s/e20fjdefw182rst/HAWP8F HBE06 VRC0S1 - 2015-01-21 18-38-50.kipr?dl=0

Thanks Tim I will be sure to check these out tonight as well as the clean profiles.

I take it the two I requested you have done for me are FULL profiles rather than DIRECT profiles looking at the naming convention? If so, if I prefer or will really find a use for one of these two new profile settings in conjunction over the original direct profile you made for me would it be too much trouble to hassle you for one more DIRECT profile of the said setting? Just 1 more haha.

Also please give me some paypal details or some way where I can wire you some cash for doing all this for us. Just like meambobbo, I've spent a couple hundred pound over the last 12 months on various profiles, and I've found these to be the best for me therefore you deserve the money!

For the more traditional wah sound ie wah before amp distortion a good trick to try if you use a boost like Green Scream is to try the wah before this boost and after but before the amplifier, gives a slight variation in tones. I'm sure Steve Vai has been known to run two wahs like this live for the option.

Wow these are so awesome. Im digging the be at gain 8 and hbe at gain 6. No need for boosts at all, and with the addl gain over phase 6 (?) all the switches become less subtle. But all the settings posted are usable. Nothing is too fat or too boosted. Im seeing why people liked the sat switch so much now. Def gives the tone an edge. I find the hbe does nicely with the right voicing and all the switches, but the be is still my favorite - very versatile and seems more clear and "honest".

Im glad you did all these profiles, as i thought i had really had stronger preferences before, now im not so sure. I like all the permutations posted, esp on the be where theres a more dramatic difference to them. The hbe always seems aggressive and the switches are less noticeable to me, with the exception of the sat switch which really pushes it into demon mode.

Thanks again. Im off to make my fx pack and hopefully thatll give the community some more fun, then hopefully we can do the quick rod 8-)

I found the same regarding the gain settings as you. I use your advanced reverb Shimmer LD on my lead tone, combined with these profiles I'm in tone heaven, pure liquid tone.

Tim, thanks a lot!!! for having done another sets of profiles.. although.. I made a mistake in my message.. I wished to ask you to do for me only one profile withthose settings and master set to 2,5 but thanks to my error you have made 4 profiles with master 2 to 5.. I had only few minutes to check them and also phase 8 (phase 9 I do not know where it is..).. in brief: at the moment phase 10 sounds to me terrific.. maybe too much gain but I can roll off the gain on the toaster or on volume knob.. funny thing that with the volume on my guitar rolled off from 10 to 5 these profiles still sound terrific!!! hehe.. I have to also use the noise gate (4:1 or 2:1)and for the phase 8.. these profiles are incredibly screaming.. at the moment I am pretty sure that nearly always prefer VL C1 S1 settings.. thanks to punch and bite..I think this is the most epic study of Friedman BE100 in our KPA world..

ps: unfortunately, at the moment I am unable to check these profiles playing very very loud.. I am very curious how they sound LOUD.. maybe some of the other guys will let us know..

The ones Tim made for me plus the few I liked the most from Phase 8 sound great to me up loud through my Marshall JCM900A Cab, the DI profile Phase 9 with my requested settings has went straight in as my live tone over my own made EVH 5153 profiles, its just tighter with more clarity and cut. I also noticed like you if I select both humbuckers on my EVH Wolfgang and roll the volume down to around say 3/10 it gives a me a great twangy just breaking up blues tone, the profiles really do respond to your hands, volume controls and picking.

Hands down for me the best profile I've ever used.......period. If Tim has time to carry out any more personal requests for me or any of the other guys its going to take some beating for me to swap that profile out as my main sound. Though who knows the extra saturation from the HBE channel over the BE plus maybe a drop down 1 in the MIDS from my previous settings might suit me even more, so much choice due to the amount of ground been covered already

Right Tim, tried all of Phase 8, 9 (thanks again Tim) and 10. These profiles just keep getting better and better. Apart from peoples own personal tweaks to what you already provided in Phase 8 I can't see how these can get much if any better now. There must be something for almost everyone amongst Phase 8.

I personally loved the Phase 9 set that you did for me and these two especially from Phase 8:
    HAWP8F HBE06F VR C1S1
    HAWP8F HBE06F VL C1S1

I still think I prefer the voice switch set to R over L but I find L great as well. One of those where every time you spend 30 seconds you end up thinking that is better then you switch and 30 seconds your aren't sure any more haha.

Regarding the Phase 9 DI/Full/Merged profiles you did for me the DI is great, there really is a drastic difference to me hearing a DI profile through a cab as opposed to a full profile with the cab driver disabled. The DI just has that fabled "amp in the room sound" lots of people are chasing who use their existing guitar cabs.

However one thing I have noticed regarding the new profiling merging in 2.8 (not sure about previous none beta firmware) and I can now confirm is that adding a cab from the associated full profile definitely changes the sound of the resulting profile through a real cab even with the cab driver disabled.

For example:
    1. DI Profile on its on through cab = perfect, say this is the benchmark.
    2. DI profile with Cab from full Profile then merged = A little less "fizz" and less in your face is the best way I can describe what I hear through the cab when compared to the DI profile.
    3. DI profile with Cab from full profile added but not merged only saved = Less "fizz" again. I can see many people actually preferring their sound after either step 2 or 3, just personal preference but it does prove that merging cabs does effect the original profile even though I'm sure we are told it shouldn't, what we get back though a cab definitely changes after.

This is obviously a topic for an entire different post but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

Once again great profiles Tim, really great and if you are still open to doing a few individual profiles per person I'd like to request 2 further direct profiles if you have time based on the 2 full profiles from phase 8 I really liked, which were:

HAWP8F HBE06F VR C1S1
    HAWP8F HBE06F VL C1S1
    HBE Channel
    HBE Gain 6
    Bass = 6.5
    Mid = 7
    Treb = 6.5
    Pres = 6
    Master Vol = 3.5

Although would it be possible to turn off the C45 switch for me and leave on only the SAT switch as their is just a little too much "push" there for me with it on and I can tell from the other DI profile you did for me that I like it more off.

Thanks again for you hard work, you really went to town this time with all those profiles on Phase 8.

I only had a chance to briefly demo 2 of the profiles this morning, but wow, youve really got it dialed in now. Seemed like they had more gain and i didnt need any boost at all, and the tone was just full and organic. Not sure when ill have time to really dig into these, which is driving me mental - its all i want to do right now

Your description there sounds perfect for what I'm looking for, can't wait to try these later tonight.

Right Tim, I have gave Phase 6 and 7 a good listen to and also revisited phase 1 to 4.

Phase 6 to me is me far the best set of profiles yet. In the opposite of meambobbo, I am personally preferring Voice switch R over L every time, I prefer that more upfront midrange. However like meambobbo, I was also not really finding a use to me for the FAT switch for playing heavy rhythms unless it’s in conjunction with the SAT and C45 switch engaged and I still preferred without. It just gets a bit too loose and muddy for me. I did find the FAT switch nice on leads though.

The C45 switch I like with and without, so once again like meambobbo I personally would like to see profiles with it off and engaged. I really like the SAT switch being a rock/metal player, it just gives that little extra push I need.

My very favourites from Phase 6 are:
    HAWP6 VR F0 C0 S1
    HAWP6 VR F0 C1 S1

I absolutely loved having a jam through these and would go as far to say they are probably overall my favourite profiles I’ve heard to date. The only profiles which sound and feel as good as these to me are my Direct Out EVH 5150 3 profiles I made with obviously my favourite settings.

As for Phase 7, while I liked Master Volume 2, I preferred 3 and 4 as meambobbo also did. You can clearly hear in the profiles the power amp “shaving” the fizz and pushing the mid range and compressing as it is saturating at the higher volumes. I think after 4 it starts going downhill.

While these off-axis settings sound great I think personally I would prefer on-axis after hearing the comparison once again in Phase 5 if the settings were all kept the same.

All in all if I were to suggest only 1 personal profile setting I’d like if you ever had time, I would really appreciate the following plus a direct out version would be greatly appreciated.

BE Gain 8 Bass 6 Mid 8 Treb 7 Pres7 Master 4 VR F0 C0 S1 On Axis

I know this is the free profiles section but I’d be prepared to pay for a personal set of profiles from you Tim if you ever had time, as there are a few settings I’d like. You name your price haha.