Have amps, will profile the BE100: Lets make some profiles...

• I love the tone of not only the amp here but also the cab and mic mix, so I'd like a clean tone as well. Lol - with the thousands of profiles I've bought or found for my KPA, these may take over as the main profiles I use ... for clean, crunch, and lead!

• Hey Liam,

Here you go, I added the profiles to the Phase-8 folder which is here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kx0…bUPfd9nNqAL6boZlUR_a?dl=0

But here they are individually so they are easier to find:
    HAWP8F HBE06 VLC0S1 https://www.dropbox.com/s/6a1e3lewr24oe3y/HAWP8F HBE06 VLC0S1 - 2015-01-21 18-36-56.kipr?dl=0
    HAWP8F HBE06 VRC0S1 https://www.dropbox.com/s/e20fjdefw182rst/HAWP8F HBE06 VRC0S1 - 2015-01-21 18-38-50.kipr?dl=0

• Hey Hallan,

Here you go, your profiles are in Phase-11. They can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/y9k…BaXhhtAuHumqQtlmTXIa?dl=0

• Well, that would be great if you posted a few with some settings that sounded good to you. I'm looking for a bluesy tone usually with my cleans. I actually like the profile above I lowered the gain a bit but some true cleans would be nice unless I"m the only one who is thinking this way.

I love the tone of not only the amp here but also the cab and mic mix, so I'd like a clean tone as well. Lol - with the thousands of profiles I've bought or found for my KPA, these may take over as the main profiles I use ... for clean, crunch, and lead!

Hi Guys,

In the spirit of this project I did not try to present any clean tones that I thought were good, sorry :)
    Instead, I made some profiles that hopefully show how the Bass, Treble, Volume and Bright controls affect the tone. I didn't have much time to listen to these profiles after making them but hopefully there are a couple of keepers in there, if not, please don't hesitate to ask me for some more profiles with your specific settings that you would like to try.

What I did was profile the amp with the Volume at 3, Bass at 3, Treble at 3, and I included the three positions of the bright switch.
    Then I increased the Bass to 7 and repeated with each Bright switch setting.
    Then I set the Bass back to 3 and increased the Treble to 7 and repeated with each Bright switch setting.
    Then I set both the Bass and Treble to 7 and repeated with each Bright switch setting.
    Then I left the Bass at 7, the Treble at 7, the Bright switch to the left and made profiles at a Volume of 4 and 5.

The latest clean channel profiles can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/eat…W53dZom8M_fKo9YKM4ua?dl=0

• Hey Liam,

Here you go, I added the profiles to the Phase-8 folder which is here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kx0…bUPfd9nNqAL6boZlUR_a?dl=0

But here they are individually so they are easier to find:
    HAWP8F HBE06 VLC0S1 https://www.dropbox.com/s/6a1e3lewr24oe3y/HAWP8F HBE06 VLC0S1 - 2015-01-21 18-36-56.kipr?dl=0
    HAWP8F HBE06 VRC0S1 https://www.dropbox.com/s/e20fjdefw182rst/HAWP8F HBE06 VRC0S1 - 2015-01-21 18-38-50.kipr?dl=0

Thanks Tim I will be sure to check these out tonight as well as the clean profiles.

I take it the two I requested you have done for me are FULL profiles rather than DIRECT profiles looking at the naming convention? If so, if I prefer or will really find a use for one of these two new profile settings in conjunction over the original direct profile you made for me would it be too much trouble to hassle you for one more DIRECT profile of the said setting? Just 1 more haha.

Also please give me some paypal details or some way where I can wire you some cash for doing all this for us. Just like meambobbo, I've spent a couple hundred pound over the last 12 months on various profiles, and I've found these to be the best for me therefore you deserve the money!

• Thanks Tim I will be sure to check these out tonight as well as the clean profiles.

I take it the two I requested you have done for me are FULL profiles rather than DIRECT profiles looking at the naming convention? If so, if I prefer or will really find a use for one of these two new profile settings in conjunction over the original direct profile you made for me would it be too much trouble to hassle you for one more DIRECT profile of the said setting? Just 1 more haha.

Also please give me some paypal details or some way where I can wire you some cash for doing all this for us. Just like meambobbo, I've spent a couple hundred pound over the last 12 months on various profiles, and I've found these to be the best for me therefore you deserve the money!

Haha, no worries, here they are:
    HAWP8D HBE06 VLC0S1 https://www.dropbox.com/s/5bw3iewnez81cq8/HAWP8D HBE06 VLC0S1 - 2015-01-22 06-46-20.kipr?dl=0
    HAWP8D HBE06 VRC0S1 https://www.dropbox.com/s/nsah9xgebz6gz3x/HAWP8D HBE06 VRC0S1 - 2015-01-22 06-48-15.kipr?dl=0

• Thanks alot for those cleans, I'm still rumbling through but I think in all cases I like the switch to the (R)! better, so I'm going through those and probably like the 7/7 bass/treble best. It's nice cause I can certainly work with these; I don't want anything with too much breakup so the higher gain ones for me were a no go. Thanks again! I don't have the expertise to recommend how to tweak these but hopefully someone else will chime in. :)

HAWP12C3 B7T7 BRT R very GOOD, with a little added boost and compression. Still getting some breakup though is it possible to lower gain on amp to avoid this all together? nm, Probably not necessary I just reduced gain from 1.5 to 1 and it's pretty clean.

Going over some of the work I did on the other profiles though I like how HAWP8F BE01 VLC0S0 cleans up even better? Sounds more bluesy. Hopefully get better input than mine on some cleans. Thanks!

:D:D

Edited 3 times, last by oozish ().

• Tim, over the moon with the last two direct profiles you did for me. I can't think how they can be improved. From the samples you have gave us I was able to deduce over the phases what "my" settings would be and those last two were exactly the sound I had in my head, perfect. Must admit I also love Hallam's new rigs he requested too with the mids at 4.5.

Anyway what is next for you? More personal settings, moving on to a new amp or a little break haha? It's been a great little journey with everyone coming together and really nailing some top, top draw profiles. Been a pleasure to be part of this project.

P.S. you really should get a donation button added haha.

• Tim, over the moon with the last two direct profiles you did for me. I can't think how they can be improved. From the samples you have gave us I was able to deduce over the phases what "my" settings would be and those last two were exactly the sound I had in my head, perfect. Must admit I also love Hallam's new rigs he requested too with the mids at 4.5.

Anyway what is next for you? More personal settings, moving on to a new amp or a little break haha? It's been a great little journey with everyone coming together and really nailing some top, top draw profiles. Been a pleasure to be part of this project.

P.S. you really should get a donation button added haha.

Hey Liam, thanks again for the kind words. I'm not sure what's next, I have a couple of things that I still want to try with the BE100, in fact, I made a bunch of profiles yesterday but they didn't turn out very good so I'm not even going to post them. Maybe in a week or so we can look at voting on another amp to profile. In the mean time if anyone wants any other custom profiles of the BE100 now is the time to ask since everything is still setup and ready to go.

• Hi Tim, nice to see you here again :) ok, so if it is time to ask.. I would try these settings.. to complete the phase 11 we can say.. really curious with low gain HBE settings what will come out.. hm.. thanx!!

HBE Gain = 1 and 2 and 3
    Bass = 6,5
    Mid = 4,5
    Treb = 7
    Pres = 5
    Master Vol = 2,5 and 3 and 3,5
    Voice Switch = left
    FAT = Off
    C45 = On
    SAT = On

• Hey Liam, thanks again for the kind words. I'm not sure what's next, I have a couple of things that I still want to try with the BE100, in fact, I made a bunch of profiles yesterday but they didn't turn out very good so I'm not even going to post them. Maybe in a week or so we can look at voting on another amp to profile. In the mean time if anyone wants any other custom profiles of the BE100 now is the time to ask since everything is still setup and ready to go.

Ok there are a couple more settings plus the relevant Direct profiles I'd like to try just incase is possible they may be even better for me. I'll post them up here tomorrow when I work out exactly what I need to finish this off

• Hey Hallan,

These profiles are done, they are the HAWP-13 (Session-13) profiles. They can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hpj…wxCmcH7O-X7AAjTDw71a?dl=0

• Ok there are a couple more settings plus the relevant Direct profiles I'd like to try just incase is possible they may be even better for me. I'll post them up here tomorrow when I work out exactly what I need to finish this off

Sounds like a plan, I'll be watching for your post.

• HAWP-14 profiles are done.

In this session I wanted to compare the BE channel of the famous BE100 to the BE channel of the Smallbox.

When we voted on which amp to profile AlexanderDoyle mentioned an interest in the Smallbox, and asked if we could compare the two amps. So I took my personal favorite tone settings of the BE100 BE channel and duplicated them on the Smallbox. The BE100 has the FAT, C45 and SAT switches which the Smallbox doesn't so I put all of the switches in the off position on the BE100, the BE100 also has the voice switch which only goes left or right, there is no "normal" setting as far as I'm aware, so I profiled the BE100 with both Left and Right settings.

The Smallbox is a great amp, not only is it cheaper than the BE100, it is also smaller and lighter which for someone as old as me is a huge advantage :)
    If you like the tones of the BE100 and don't need all the bells and whistles or the HBE channel then I highly recommend the Smallbox, and you can also get pretty darn close to the HBE channel with the right stomp box in front of the Smallbox.

Anyway, in this session I also included the new DI profiles, the profiles are located here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mnn…MG01nCHveLfQu0im4rIa?dl=0

If anyone wants to try some different settings please let me know.

One last note, the BE channel on the Smallbox is channel-2, channel-1 is also a really nice channel, it can get some really good edge of breakup and crunch plexy tones, if we get to the point where we are profiling the Smallbox it would be nice to explore channel-1.

• Sounds like a plan, I'll be watching for your post.

Right Tim, I'd be interested in seeing is if we can push bass up just a bit more than my last profiles and hopefully not destroy the super tight bottom end you have on the last set you did for me.
    Like I say I don't think we'd be able to improve on my personal preferences for me but its worth a try while the amp is still all rigged up i guess.

If time is an issue I'm mainly interested in Direct profiles, I'm sure the cabs from my other full profiles you made with merge well enough if you don't have time to do full studio profiles as well and I can merge my own direct profiles no bother.

Settings I'd like to suggest for me would be:
    All profiles - HBE Channel, All voice switch R, SAT On, Fat OFF, C45 OFF,

Gain 6, Bass 7, Mid 7, Treble 6.5, Presence 6, Master 3.5
    Gain 6, Bass 7, Mid 7, Treble 6.5, Presence 6, Master 4
    Gain 6, Bass 8, Mid 7, Treble 6.5, Presence 6, Master 3.5
    Gain 6, Bass 8, Mid 7, Treble 6.5, Presence 6, Master 4
    Gain 6, Bass 7, Mid 5, Treble 6.5, Presence 6, Master 3.5 (try a little less mids as I was also liking the feel of Hallans settings)

And only if you have time as I feel I'm asking to much and have asked for enough compared to others already:
    Gain 6, Bass 7, Mid 8, Treble 6.5, Presence 6, Master 3.5
    Gain 6, Bass 7, Mid 8, Treble 6.5, Presence 6, Master 4
    Gain 6, Bass 8, Mid 8, Treble 6.5, Presence 6, Master 3.5
    Gain 6, Bass 8, Mid 8, Treble 6.5, Presence 6, Master 4

BE Channel, voice switch R, SAT On, Fat OFF, C45 OFF,
    Gain 8, Bass 7, Mid 8, Treble 6.5, Presence 6, Master 4
    Gain 8, Bass 8, Mid 8, Treble 6.5, Presence 6, Master 4

Thanks again Tim for whatever you can manage