Posts by KD

More recently I got a 2013 Les Paul standard for the humbucker tones, but it has coil taps on both pickups to cross into Strat and almost acoustic territory. There is also a switch to put the 2 pickups out phase so between the LP and the Strat I can find almost any electric tone that I need.

Hey that's not fair, feeding my GAS again :cursing: This got me thinking I should get a Les Paul with slimmer neck/better playability + all those pickup options you mentioned. Sounds extremely versatile indeed :thumbup: Thanks for the comment!

You're selling me on that Strat you got for sure. As for your cable management, amazing! Don't be afraid of third party plugins man, some are amazing.

My cable strategy is "everything on top", I might be the inventor of this method :D

About plugins - like Sam said it's hard to go back once you start collecting them. Since I had already gone through that with cubase - the clean start with logic pro was a good opportunity to to get rid of additional plugins.

After all, they're just someone else's algo consisting of EQ, compression, distortion etc - in other words all the stuff that's already included in your DAW from start. I just can't help but think I will have so much more power at my disposal if I learn to use these essential tools myself.

I had a PM20 Pro and rested it against a wall. It slid about 2 feet and stopped at a desk's edge and the headstock EXPLODED! One piece was hanging by the strings, but a missing piece flew across the room and took me an hour to find! I had my luthier fix it but he always ragged on me for even owning a Parker. It became an in-joke.

Ouch doesn't sound fun. Though you must have been slightly amused when you saw it die, considering it was a parker. ;)

I am curious about that guitar, I think they have discontinued it. Was it any good?

Mine is a Nitefly first version, it feels extremely solid and stable to me. Like I said in the video, I have had it for more than 10 years and never needed to use the truss rod, or change anything on it - even though I have tried lots of different tunings and string gauges. In my book that's very impressive.

Awesome tour, thank you!The only fault I can find with your studio is ownership of a Parker.But I forgive you! ;)

Haha would it feel better if I had stolen it?! :P

Thanks for commenting, I love your input to the community and great sense of humour! :D

but...

...I still want to know why you don't like parkers? ;)

Kris!
    So glad you're on this forum and more importantly still making videos. (I used to watch them religiously years ago).
    Fun fact: you taught me the sweet child o' mine solo!

Always loved your fun sense of humour and glad you're also a member of the Kemper klub!

Nice collection and studio tour!

Hehe wow thanks man! :D It's really cool to find old Internet acquaintances here, it seems MentaL also knew my stuff since before.

Given how neatly the Profiler is evolving I bet everyone will soon be here! :D

Hi guys/girls,

I thought this one could be interesting for you since most of my stuff revolves around the profiler.

For example my strat with the S-1 switch is really useful for auditioning profiles. Sometimes just pressing it will turn a weak profile into an awesome one, and it saves me the hassle of switching guitars (luxury problem or what?!).

Warning: I couldn't help but goof around a little bit in this video :D But hey, I have seen others here do it as well :D

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

..........sorry to say, I have not tried it yet, still haven't' got my kpa back yet, but I am positive me & my Kpa will not sound anywhere as good as you did KD. :( ..roger

You never know until you try! Let me know if I can help with anything else, I have worked as a guitar instructor for many years so I'd love to give you feedback on that as well - if you think I could help!

Wow, freaking love your playing... :thumbup:
    Great phrasing and character, and I think the tone is super cool as is.
    Don't know if it would work for me, I only use guitar with one P90 in the bridge, but it sounds great in your hands!!

The guitar in this vid has Seymour Duncan P-rails in bridge position, and I mostly use it in the P90 mode. Sounds great to me with this profile. Thanks for great words.

Honestly, I wouldn't call that thin. I thought the tone matched the backing track really well. I really enjoyed that!!

Thanks Gibson! :D

Very nice - and, the fact you played it on that sticky rubbery fingerboard is all the more impressive :)

Hehe it's indeed a bit sticky, have you tried it? I like it though, as 'hammer-ons from nowhere' translate well, and I have been working on that technique. Some artifacts can of course be heard, but I am afraid I can't blame that on bad triggering (though I'd love to :D ). Thanks for the great comment! edit - I should add I got this gen1 version of the midi controller on sale, best $50 ever spent.

While we are waiting to see if pitch to MIDI fits in the plan, here is a polyphonic KPA profile synthy example (VowelCelloDooSynth)

https://soundcloud.com/pshamel…lcellodoosynth-kpa-kemper

Thanks for the hint, and please keep up the amazing work with your experimental profiles, I love playing around with them!

Guess what profile I am using here?! :P

This is actually more of a push for this midi pitch detection request, how cool wouldn't it be?!

In this demo I only use single pitch midi (chords not possible - and it really helps clean up the runs!), so I think it's a good illustration of how useful this possible KPA functionality would be.

The guitar is a "You Rock Guitar" generation 1. I hope you enjoy it:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Nice :)
    Did you take lessons off this guy? :P

Cheers,
    Sam

No, but he sure knows his stuff! I wonder if he practices his facial expressions with a metronome?. If so, his next youtube video could then be: "How to play licks with tics" :D

FWIW, I make faces when I play, AND have "easy target" hair.

Well judging from your avatars both of you have impressive haircuts, and -quantity... mind sending me some? In a exchange for a profile maybe :D