Posts by rreda

In perform mode, slot 5 jumps straight back to slot 1 when I press it.

In Browse mode, slot 5 lights up when I press it and stays on slot 5. I browse my rigs and choose the one I want. I press load, I press store and save it. Then when I come back to slot 5 after pressing another slot my saved rig isn't on there anymore.

I've read through the manuals and understand the basics but this has me confused

Hit the STORE button to store the selection.

I've got my board configured to stomps on the top row and rig selection on the bottom.

When I press pedal 5 it goes straight back to 1 again though.

Any ideas how I turn 5 into another rig selection so I have 5 rig selection pedals?

Select Slot 5 turn the Browse button and go to the rig you want to insert and select the Load button, then store it. It would be good to read the manual and know what the basic functions do to allow yourself to become more familiar with the unit. There is the basic manual and the reference manual that will tell you each individual settings for the effect or stomps. When I first got mine I myself found it difficult to do what seemed basic functions but reading the manuals as well as searching on the forum have been great help to answer many questions I had on How To's.

Wow. You cannot ask for better customer service. Kemper has their act together and totally stands behind their product. I have to admit I was a little apprehensive prior to buying the KPA just because they were not in the states but I continually hear good things from users who have to send their units in for repair. When I first got my Kemper I had a few user error issues and emailed support. Each time I received their reply and checked the settings they suggested that fixed my problem.

Just a quick update - I borrowed an RCF monitor from a mate and it sounded good.

So it was a combination of errors. Whta I dd notice though is that some profiles sound similar to those through my cab and others totally different! In some cases better but in others worse...

I need to get some time with a PA and play...

Glad to hear you made progress V8. One thing I want to mention is that I have since upgraded to FW 2.7 and I have noticed the KPA even sounds better than it did before through the PA and also through my FRFR monitor. Some of the profiles I didn't particularly like now sound so much better with 2.7. Like me when I first hooked mine up I said this thing doesn't sound good at all then reading the manuals helped and found that settings needed to be changed. After that it got to the point that I could not quit playing and cost me many sleepless nights.

When you say no pop when changing profiles with the FCB did you have stomps active, when changing. Yes 2.7 has an improved sound like you said the profiles I use a lot I really noticed an improvement especially through my bands FRFR PA system.

Yes Raoul23 I have the stomps active on many of my profiles. I have not experienced any of the issues that some post on the forum about pops, clicks or delays when switching. My KPA still sounds terrible through our practice PA, which are some really cheap speakers. I use my FRFR for practice and I did notice that it also sounds better. Some on this forum complain that their KPA does not sound very good but unless it is defective the problem is usually a setting or some misadjusted or not quality equipment. There is a reason those practice speakers cost $50 each.

I upgraded to 2.7 this morning from 2.5 and overall I have noticed that the tone is much better. Not that it was bad before but I definitely notice the difference for the positive. I have many of the default profiles that I do not use and many of the commercial profiles that I purchased from TAF, Sweet Spot and ChopTones that I use all the time and one of the things that really stood out for me was that the profiles that I really didn't care for before now sound really good for some reason. And the p[profiles that I use all time seem to have a smoother sound to them and stand out more.

Now I have tested this through the PA and from my powered monitor. It seemed the sound from my powered monitor needed to be EQ'd somewhat to get close to the same sound from the PA but now the monitor sounds great after the upgrade. I have not tried it yet through the headphones.

I also have a FCB1010 with the Uno4Kemper chip and did not notice any pop or delay changing profiles. I was very happy with the sound before but now I am blown away on how much better it sounds. Again the KPA has caused many nights with not much sleep simply because I find it hard to quit playing. When playing out I always get someone coming up to me and asking what I am playing out of and they rave about the tone. Most get turned off on the price of the KPA but to have any amp of your choice at your disposal for me it's well worth it. Anyone else have the same experience after the upgrade? :):):):):)

I don't think you are doing anything stupid I just don't think its the KPA. I bought my KPA and hooked it up to my small PA that consists of 2 Yamaha S115V's a power amp and a Mackie 1604 mixer. I run out one of the XLR's on the KPA and set the output to Mono. It sounds amazing no matter what profile I use. I think my output is set between -30 and -20. No where near to clipping on the mixer. I take the same setup to practice, we have a small powered board but speakers are like Harbinger 12" speaker and horn and the board is a powered Behringer. Distorted profiles sound like fuzz and just not a good sound at all. I make sure the same things no clipping on the board but no matter what you do you cannot get it to sound good. So now I just bring my FRFR to practice and no problems. So my point is try the KPA on some good equipment, we use the same sound man with a nice system so the KPA sounds great through that each night.

NDC this happened to me once, I just blew it off as a one time glitch. I haven't had this happen to me again but I am going to see if I can now reproduce it at will. If so I will report it as a bug.

I just put in my new chip and now the led's on my delay and reverb on the FCB do not work. All other led's work and the Kemper still lights the reverb and delay when active but not on the FCB....anyone have this issue? version 2.6 in the Kemper and my chip version 1 worked fine but this brand new chip....they dont????

My UnoforKemper chip works fine. Reseat the chip and try it again. If that doesn't work then put the old chip back in and see if it works. If it does open up a support ticket. Which chip are you using?

Yes Timo is spot on. Shortly after I got my KPA I noticed the same thing. After reading the manual again I found that that I needed to check the input settings and locking. Clean Sens, Distorted Sens, and Noise Gate are part of any rig, but can be locked. However locking in Browse and Performance Mode are separate. So you could have locked other values between those two.

Jimi,

I absolutely love the Silver Jubilee profiles, especially the high gains 2-5. You managed to capture the very unique tone of that amp which makes it very recognizable the moment you hear it. I also purchased the 5150 and DSL profiles, but the favorite is definitely the Silver Jubilee. I own a DSL and it seemed to me that the bottom end was a little broken up, mine doesn't sound that way. It seems that amp is very hard to profile and capture the true sound. I profiled mine and it sounds close, but I had to tweak it a bit. Great job keep them coming!!

Just wanted to say I gave these a whirl last night: absolutely great profiles! Thanks for sharing. :thumbup:

Thanks Bigb6611. I made them out of frustration with some of the other DSL profiles on RE and from profile makers. Most all of them seemed to have a harsh high end and even when my amp wasn't modded it didn't sound like that. Glad you like them enjoy and rock on. :D

This is very subjective and it's like asking who writes the best songs. Each of us have our own style and like one of the other comments some profiles fit certain musicians while others may not. Personally I have used profiles from 4 or 5 of the ones listed and depending on the sound you want each have their qualities. I look at it like this for example. I do not play metal but the profiles from Sinmix are really good, I would love to use many of them but the music I play they just wouldn't fit. Andy has many styles of profiles that fit the whole music spectrum, they also are good. What I look for are do they sound natural and full and represent the specific amp or cabinet. Plus I have downloaded many rigs from RE which are also good. So this is like saying just because you dislike jazz music it's not good. Untrue. Keep the profiles coming because I certainly enjoy playing many of them.

I just uploaded 5 profiles modeling my Marshall DSL100 with the Voodoo Mod. I have used this rig for many shows now I have been using the KPA. This was my first attempt profiling rigs so hopefully they will get better with the more I do.

What do you think your missing? I guess if you are not running the KPA through a PA then you get to hear it in stereo, it does sound nice. But if your just going to use it as a reference monitor I just don't see what you would be missing. I have a EV ZLX12P I run live through the monitor out and XLR main out to the PA for live, smaller clubs I just have the soundman give me my mix through the house monitors. From all the feedback on the forum and from some of my musician friends I am going to get IEM. Many advantages in that low volume, hear better and if you sing backups better harmonies. For me personally I don't think its worth the extra money especially for a CLR. My other choice over the ZLX was a DXR but again it was not worth $200 difference in sound. I think both the ZLX and the DXR are comparable FRFR's and should be priced around the same.

With the KPA powered on turn it to browse mode and insert the USB. When you insert the USB for the first time it will format the USB. After it is formatted you should see three folders Backups, OS Update and Shared. To transfer profiles to the KPA you download them into the Shared folder on your computer then in browse mode plug in the USB. Select Import.

Any KPA OS update goes into the OS update folder and if you select to backup your KPA the files will be copied to the Backup folder on the USB. Just insert the USB and wait for the prompts.