Posts by theplayer

Hi BayouTexan, The modules weren't locked. BTW I never lock anything. I only locked something by accident a long time ago and had trouble to unlock, so never used it afterwards.

I shut off the corresponding knobs in the rig by pressing on it causing the light go out. I never use RM for this.

I also found out now that my whole range of rigs doesn't respond to shutting of delay and reverb

There are some good clean rigs between my enormous bunch of rigs in My Profiler. So I tried one for a song. There was too much delay and reverb in it so I cleaned this up. No effect. Then I shut off Delay and Reverb. No effect. I shut of the Profiler ( maybe something in My Profiler was kept in memory?) No effect.

I tried several other rigs. They all won't shut off reverb and delay or at least react to other settings...

What can cause this misbehaviour?

So cool 8) there is a serial two tap delay. So instead of two single dealys, only one stomp is needed.
    One / last try - "U2 - Where the streets V4 - 2024-02-22 20-15-58.krig"

And a short soundclip

Hi PeterFR, The V3 krig is perfect in tempo with the song. At this moment, there's no urgent to implement a new version, but they always are very welcome because I know that you are the master in this matter... Morover, I'm studying hard for an important gig in which this song with your delay undoubtedly will be remembered... :)

If you want to lower the volume of the second delay in the dual delay, I think you have to adjust the delay balance. I think this favours delay 1 to the left (negative values) and delay 2 to the right with positive values. Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong.🙂

Pre-Amp

That makes a lot of sense. Never used that before....Will experiment with that option too.

Hi Pre-Amp, very extensive and clear manual . I'll try this settings also Thank you dearly. Much appreciate!

Hi PETERFR, That versíon is now accepted by RM ! And I must say: this delay version is awesome for The Streets... Sounds great!! ^^ :thumbup: Thank you for all your work. You're truly a magician in dealing with these sounds....!.

I put your audio example in a DAW and so far I can see besides the 3/16 (1/8dot) they add a 8/16 (1/2).
    Did the edge really use it like that?
    However, with the dual delay I don't see any way to adjust the volume to a lower level of the second delay (8/16).
    That's why I am using now two single dealys. Sounds good to me too, but different.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi…uiwhgqu5b1g3sawsjqx9&dl=0
    Check it out :)

Hi PETERFR, First of all: thank your all your work! I'm much obliged.

There's a slight but strange problem. I've put your file U2 - Where the streets - V2.krig in RM. In RM I have a number of these same rigs (try outs) but there's no rig with that name, nor the date. So I tried again: Importing that rig in RM. Message: Import failed, 1 Rigs were duplicates.

Can you tell me which one is th right one now?

I recorded with these settings a short clip - sorry for crappy playing and mix:
    https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi…6nb5acvgwviz8gkkmm99&dl=0

The profile I used for this is here:

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi…w0vntiyzho1a5zouc1on&dl=0t's

Hi PeterFR, Thank you for this krig. I put it right away in RM and tried it. You're very near the real one. I guess the difficulty is the dying taps after the first one.

The first tap after the string stroke is perfect. The second dying tap comes in the same tap time. But the third dying tap (even that loud as the second one) comes right after no. two.

I know that this is difficult stuff, but you sure know what you are doing. Is this third tap half time two? If so then it would be really the right delay setting.

Hi PETERFR,

Thank you for this delay setting. With this I'm almost there...! I've a little extra which would make it perfect for playing this song. Listen to this audio fragment.

I hope that you can determine how to put get this all together in one delay setting:

8 dotted...mp3
    1 file sent via WeTransfer, the simplest way to send your files around the world
    we.tl

This should really be the simplest of guitar techniques to work out. Just play 8th notes at any speed with a simple delay pedal and adjust the delay time until you feel the right effect. This would be how The Edge first worked it out.

You get a result a lot quicker than tying on a forum.

What you write is just what it doesn't need! It's not about playing 8th notes. If I hit a string with just stroke than the 1/8 dotted delay will do the rest. That's what I all the time trying to say and what also the guitar player in the video says emphatically: "One of the key elemements of this song is that dotted 8th delay setting". Look at and listen to his statement at 1:48 !

For me it's no problem to play in sync with the drummer and this delay (also during the verses) but first I need to have the setting... ;) )

This is actually a really cool post because I too have never been able to make the delay sound properly for U2. There must be something in the recording he is doing. None of the videos on you tube sound like it to me. except for when he does it.

I listen to the videos on here and even if they sound close there is still something missing to me. Maybe its psychological.

I have been able to get close with my rack gear but never that I was 100% happy with it.

We need a good tutorial. Maybe Kemper Amps Official on you tube can make one. I would love it, that's for sure.

Ah....finally a partner in my search of a specific delay! Welcome! Maybe we can make a difference together... :) 8) I know the Boss Katana and the POD HD500X can... This must be possible with the profiler too....

POD HD500X DELAY / Dotted 8th - Colcheia Pontuada (Worship, U2 / Pink Floyd style).
    Dotted eighth delay on Line 6 POD Hd500x, Colcheia Pontuada. Free settings on the video. U2, The Edge and Pink Floyd, David Gilmour style, Worship. Direct re...
    www.youtube.com

I’m not sure what would be best. I normally use YouTube but I’m sure Vimeo and other could also work. In YouTube the key is in setting the search/visibilty to the correct thing when uploading. There are options for Private and Public. But also the one I would use for something like this which unsearchable. In this case it won’t show up in YouTube searches etc but anyone with the link can view it. I presume there is something similar in Vimeo but don’t know what it would be called.

Hi wherestthedug, As you can see, I used Vimeo but where has it gone wrong then? I only requested the link that I got after uploading the video... Youtube is not the only website for getting a (free) link for your video... I never used youtube for this before and still I have send dozens of links.

I’m m not sure if it’s been mentioned elsewhere but for this effect you set a dotted 1/8 note but play straight 1/8 notes in tempo. If you miss this by even a bit it turns to mush. The have mine tempo set and use tap tempo

Hi Morph, I carefully watched the guy who's playing this and it's very simple . I don't know if you have seen my video in post #19 but he explains and shows it very clearly. There's only a stroke on each string every time for each note. The delay take care for the rest... Of course you have to play and to keep the rhythm right

I can’t see the video either. It says “your video is not rated” and requires that I sign on to view it. I don’t use vimeo or have an account to sign into but I think it is actually saying that only YOU (the content creator) can log in to see it or change the permissions.

I’m also not sure what the audio clip is supposed to be showing us. That sounds like a serial delay with one feeding into the other. However, without some fprm pf tempo reference (such as a metronome or an actual playing clip of the riff) it has no content to determine what it’s rhythmic value is.

Hi Alan and others, Can you then give me a way how to post a link and tell me wich program I need for this..?