Posts by drog

I have the GCP and yes you can turn the effects on and off, you can also have the light correspond to,the Kemper. As well you could toggle all effects on or off on the Kemper with on button press if you want too. Another nice touch is I only need one expression pedal and all I need to do is have the GCP tell it which CC to send for the patch I am on. Plus I can control other midi devices at the same time on different channels.
    i also use the EFX8 so I can can control my stomp boxes with the GCP at the same time, the bonus to that is I only need one cable to the GCP that supply's power and midi (you can also do this with the GCX).

The GCP is a great way to go for midi commands

Depends on your foot controller and how much you want to control. If you just use on patch on the GForce, then you could simply turn the effects loop on or off as needed. If you are looking to change patches, and turn on off effects, etc, then this is where your controller becomes limiting. I think your controller can only send to one midi channel? So you would then set your GForce to the same midi channel as your Kemper, ex both on midi ch1. Then you would use the midi commands to change patches or controller the expression pedal. If you don't want the GForce in the loop you could turn on or off the Kemper return or just make an empty patch on the GForce.

Like i said, the limiting factor will be your foot controller and that will dictate how much control you can have.

to hook up the foot controller. Midi out of the controller to the midi in of the GForce and the the midi thru from the GForce to the midi in of the Kemper.

one other thought if you hit midi patch one on the foot controller and the Kemper changers to patch 1 but the GForce goes to patch 2. You need to set your GForce midi to start at zero. If you can not do that then the GForce will always play one patch higher than your Kemper. Which is not a big deal but just so you know.

Hope this helps

I have the Audio Technica ATH-R70X and they are really nice, much better than the Senheisser HD280 that I have. I find the ATH-R70X have a flat response and not overly bassy or bright. Everything is smooth and even and great for longer periods of listening. Also being more flat in sound lends better for EQing.

Someone asked about the HD800, I tried those too and found the high end jumped out more, notes more distinctive? Maybe a more spacious sound from them. But I thought they coloured the sound too much for me for what I wanted.

After playing around with my Kemper trying to find "my sound" , I had a discovery I had not really thought about. The cabinets in the profiles are not really a representation of the cabinet that was profiled. They are just fancy EQ to represent the profiled rig. Why do I say this? Well, if they were models of the actual cabinet, then choosing the exact same cabinet from a different profile (ex a cleaner profile taken with the exact same cabinet and head but just the gain of the head turned down)should result in the same exact sound. But it does not. There are EQ differences between the same cabinet but with different profiled settings. How could this be so?

This is not such a big deal if I am looking for a new amp sound,as I can use the different cabinets to give me instant EQ adjustments. But, it is much hard to match my clean, dirty and solo sound for the amp head and cabinet as I would expect to hear them.

I would love it if the Kemper had actual cabinet models, then the direct amp profiles would be an accurate representation. Or at least a consistent cabinet model if the exact same cabinet is used during a profiling session. So for example, if I profile a clean sound and then a dirty sound, choosing the cabinet from the dirty rig should not change the sound of my clean rig since it was the exact same cabinet profiled.

i now create my amp sounds all from one rig and start with a higher saturated profile and then turn down the gain (and save new rigs)to get my cleaner sounds. I find this results in a more cohesive sound to represent one amp at various gain stages.

Let me know your thoughts

what do you mean, exactly? any cabinet (a Profile, by the way, not a model) can be used with any amp Profile:

select CABINET,
    move BROWSE one 'click',
    select 'From Rigs',
    browse the cabinets from all Profiles on your machine

hth

More cabinets to choose from. It seems limited, or at least it seems that way on my Kemper. I will go count the number of cabinets available to me.

I usually do not care for this song but your version changes that. Good job.
    The only thing I would say, is try to get a better level mix on some of the guitar parts. For example the opening solo guitar drowns out the rest.

Digging it!

I am in the camp for NO metronome. I still think the looper was not needed either. Personally I would prefer to see the Kemper as an amp and not a Swiss Army knife of modelling (leave that to Axe FX and/or Line6).

I would sooner they work on a quieter rear input, as that would be much more useful. Or how about a better tuner GUI?