Posts by Allenhuish

Hi there,

First thing - I'm purely a home player, so that's my perspective on this stuff. I just play for my own pleasure.

The original reason that I chose the kemper versus any of the other options out there was that it has a load of knobs on the front. It's simple to use without a big learning curve. Howver, when the editor came out my use of it just went up enormously. I have the kemper on my desk connected to my computer all of the time and play at my desk using stereo monitors.

Ever since the kabinet came out I've been thinking about getting one - because however enjoyable the monitors are it's great to hear the sound of a 'real' amp in the room.

But then it gives me a problem because I don't want to sit at my desk with the kabinet next to me. I'd prefer to put the head on top of the kabinet somewhere that I can sit in front of it (my lounge) and just play. As soon as I do that I've lost all of the editing power that I've got so used to.

First world problems right?

Actually, I take it all back. I just had a play with sidecar on my mac. The editor works completely perfectly on my ipad using my apple pen. Wow!

I think I can order a powered kemper and put it in the lounge area near my desk. Put the remote on the floor and then put the ipad on the coffee table and remote control the kemper that's on the desk. The cable will reach from the remote to the toaster.

Thanks for your reply.

It took me a little while to work this out - I have a mission expression pedal plugged in to the kemper.

I have gone into the system settings and turned that button off (which I believe is normally open on the mission).

That has stopped the line pulsing, but I am now wondering if I have lost that footswitch function.

Hi all,

I've got a very thin line on my toaster that pulses rapidly back and forth just above the name of the rig.

It took me some searching, and it seems that this is the morphing line.

However, the problem is that I do not have morphing set up on every rig and the line is moving on every rig.

I then opened a rig that does have morphing set up and the morph positing just pulses back and forth (I can see it in rig manager going backwards and forwards rapidly)

The remote is not attached, but I do have one expression pedal attached.

My system is on the latest os version.

Can anybody offer any help?

Thanks,

Allen

Hi there,

I've been a happy Kemper owner for several years (non powered head). This afternoon all of the coloured LEDs for the stomp slots have turned off. There is no light behind the input/A/B/C/D/X/MOD. There are active effects in all of those slots. It does not alter whether or not the effect is engaged. The green delay LEDs are both lit and the output LED is also working.

I find it hard to believe that this is a hardware problem that these have all simultaneously gone wrong. I have tried turning the unit on and off a couple of times and changing rigs etc. but with no luck.

Any advice?

Allen

Hmmm... Ihm not getting there yet. I wonder if someone will share some rig using the ac-sim ?

I've already put a rig on the exchange called 'Acoustic 12 string' - try that. The 12 string part just has some doubling and pitch shifting so you can turn those off if you want.

Great new Beta version. The acoustic simulator is a lot of fun.

ckemper it would be great if you add a MIX parameter in the Acoustic Simulator, so with morphing feature and an expression pedal, users could blend the piezo simulation with magnetic pickups and effects.

Check out the video on page 1. It shows how to use parallel paths to achieve exactly that.

It sounds awesome to me! Very realistic.

A bit noisy, that's right...

Any thoughts on a 12-string effect? A delay for example?

I had a play with pitch change and delay widener and have put it on the rig exchange. The name is 'Acoustic 12 String'. I had a play on 'dead or alive' and some boston too!

Not perfect, but maybe somebody can tweak it develop it. Have a play with the settings.

Hi there,

I thought I'd give this one a try.

Morgan AC20 by rcpacheco profile with a bit of tweaking

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Hi all,

I am really looking forward to the kabinet as a good addition to my kemper setup, but I'm wondering about the best way to do it.

For context, I'm a home player and although it's possible I might play out (I was in a small band a few years ago) I don't think that it's very likely.

I currently own an unpowered toaster.

My thinking is that the gear I have that is the most convenient and easiest to use is the one that gets used the most. Budget is not my top consideration, but more getting something that will be used.

I do like to use backing tracks and/or a drum machine with a looper sometimes. I also have a pedalboard that I don't use that much since having the kemper.

I think that my options are as follows:

1. Wait for powered kabinet

Advantages: All in one solution, no complicated setup when I use it, can play backing tracks, looper can go in line between kemper and the kabinet (easier setup), can be permanently wired into my desktop mixer to be used any time.

Disadvantages: cannot be used to play backing tracks/drums without the kemper or a mixer.

2. Buy an unpowered kabinet and a camplifier (or similar built in solution)

Advantages: get it sooner, camplifier allows me to use the toaster with other cabinets (e.g. if I played out, or through my combo amp at home), all in one solution

Disadvantages: drum machine or looper need to go in the fx loop of the kemper, can't go in line from kemper to speaker. (more cables etc.) although could use kemper looper

3. Buy an unpowered kabinet and external poweramp (e.g. ehx 44 magnum)

Advantages: get it sooner, probably cheapest option

Disadvantages: takes time to set up/tear down every time

I would like to be able to use backing tracks from my phone, but no bluetooth means that I would always need to mess about with cables to the kemper.

Looking at this I'm not sure that I have the correct logic, correct facts or have thought it of all of the issues. I think option 3 is a definite 'no' due to the hassle of setup.

What do you think?