Posts by Khaki_Lackey

I've tried a lot of plexi profiles and none of them hit the mark. I think it's because a plexi and a plexi dimed with a variac are two pretty different tones. The souped up modern Marshall clones come closer, in my opinion.
    I use MBritts Jack Lightening (Blade Bolt) profile with a hefty dose of plate reverb. A slow speed 4 stage phaser for some of the old songs and a unison harmonizer slightly detuned (microtune) on the Van Hagar era stuff where he was addicted to that chorus-y sound.

@Khaki_Lackey OCD? What's that?

S-J

Obsessive Compulsiive Disorder. It's a joke. I don't really have it...well maybe a little.
    Once I get my rig set up, I'm hesitant to change it. Getting 50 more profiles that may be better than the ones I'm using messes with my head....then I'll spend hours narrowing them down to a few, then toggling back and forth between my "old strat clean" and the "potentially new strat clean" until I've blown my ears out. Lol. its all good fun though.

edit: Thanks Ingolf for the translation. it occurred to me after Jim's question that OCD might just be an Anerican phenomenon.

Ok, I know you all have been eagerly anticipating my review lol
    After gigging the past 3 weekends, I have now used the Kemper live 5 times, the last 4 using exclusively the MBritt profiles. I play classic/80s rock. The 79 Marshall is my main go to profile for higher gain stuff. The Brit JTM 45 for lower gain Les Paul stuff. The Diezel VH for Les Paul clean (who would have thought?) and assorted Fenders/matchless for strat clean/low gain stuff. The Jack Lightening makes for a terrific Van Halen patch.
    All I can say is "Wow!" These sound great in the IEMs. I had a chance to go out front and they sound equally killer through front of house. (I already knew they sounded great through my Yamaha DSR112 at home.)
    Before I switched to Mike's profiles, I walked out front after sound check and was pretty disappointed at the shrill highs coming from the KPA. That problem is gone. These profiles are eq'd perfectly. A guitar player buddy of mine said, "your tone is every bit as good if not better than the other guitar player's"
    He's using an Orange dual terror, which is a great sounding amp in its own right.
    Anyhow, I could go on and on about how happy I am with these profiles, but you get the point.
    I am going to get the new packs soon, although it will potentially disrupt my currently stable set up, with swapping profiles out etc. OCD is a hell of a disease :)

Hmmm. I guess I need to break down and buy some Britt profiles and see why all the fuss.. It seems many of you have bought all 4 packs. So, if you were new to these profiles And could only have one. Which one would it be and why ? I'm a modern worship artist with roots in classic and 80s rock. If I had to label myself I would call me vintage modern..lol..

I play in a classic rock band and for what it's worth, the '79 Marshall JMP from pack 2 and the Brit Audio JTM45 from pack 3 are my main "go to" sounds. The caveat being that I don't have the two new packs yet......but I will. These profiles are like Pokémon. Gotta catch 'em all.

For those who don't know, the acronym is U.S. military for "absent without leave."

I was browsing through some rigs, and my local library suddenly vanished. I restarted my iMac and pulled a few rigs over and Rig Manager shut down and would not reopen. I kept getting the "this application shut down unexpectedly...etc." so I wiped my drive clean of anything Rig Manager, shut down and rebooted the iMac and re-downloaded Rig Manager. As soon as I launch it, it shuts down and gives me the error message.
    Anyone else having Rig Manager issues on a Mac? Any suggestions?

I really want to show my "purist" buddy that this is not only the future but the present. But it has to sound legit!

I'm always surprised by how some purists don't realize that the sound of their mic'ed amp out of the FOH system sounds vastly different than what it sounds like standing next to the cabinet.
    the audience never hears it like the performer does , unless you are playing small quiet venues wgere your stage volume is what the audience hears. (And in those instances, it is often loud and shrill to those standing in front of the amp and quiet and muddy to those standing off axis.)

Ok. Based on all the positive things said in this thread I bought pack one on Friday. Love it. Best profiles I've found, hands down. These have really taken the KPA to a new level for me personally. Packs 2 and 3 incoming.

Extra points for the locker room humor in some of the profile names. (I can't wait to see what you come up with if you ever profile a Friedman Pink Taco.) Extra points also for playing Fastway's "Say What You Will" in one of the sound clips. :thumbup: Nice obscure hair-metal homage there!

Great stuff, Mike!