Posts by norburybrook

the gain should be left as it is to keep the profiles as original as possible. W 3 means exactly that, the gain of the amp was on 3. If you turn up the gain in kemper you're no longer using the exact snapshot of the amp . You might like it, there's no right or wrong with tones. regarding reverbs /delays use whatever you sounds best to you. One ofThe short falls of kemper is you can't profile the beautiful spring reverb from the amp. I just added some FX in the slots as a demo. regarding Studio and Merged its up to you , obviously the merged has more options regarding can swaps.

M

as some one who uses his kemper mainly for acoustics these days I can say the biggest epiphany i had after many years was to not use ANY kind of pre amp/Amp...just turn off the slot.....period......

then just use the studio EQ and compression etc and reverb to dial in your tone per guitar and save each one per guitar.

This method has given me a lot more natural results than any pre amp/amp in the slot.

My various acoustics have combinations of piezo and internal mic's .

M

Hello.

Just updated to latest OS and my looper is now clipping. Once you start to overdub I get the output light going red and horrible digital clipping.

What set's the level for the looper? I've not had this problem before. Just tried using the volume pedal to take the gtr down and still getting the same issue after a couple of overdubs... Can I go backwards with an OS?

M

I forgot to add there's couple of profiles done with an old UK 1x12 vintage 30 .

the rhythm gtr tracks on this song were done with it using a telecaster

External Content open.spotify.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

M

it's been a while but here we are.

https://www.marcuscliffe.com/bad-cat-el34-pack

A boutique custom built amp based on a Bad Cat/Matchless type amp. A 50w twin channel amp with a clean channel that is very pure, no tone controls , the signal goes straight to the phase inverter where there is brilliance control similar to the vox ‘cut’ control. The gain channel has the full tone stack and the same brilliance control all with a master volume. All preamp stages are 12AX7’s. The output is Cathode biased and runs two Vintage Mullard EL34’s @100% . The amp also has switchable SS or Tube rectification.

The amp is very versatile and will cover a lot of tones. Listen to the sound demo's. It can go from Jazz to Bonamassa , to SRV . With the 4x10 I thought of Robert Cray, as he uses this set up with a similar amp. I was also reminded of Landau for some reason with a strat . It's a fiery amp for sure and is well voiced and suits a wide variety of guitars and pickups.

Profiling:

The amp was paired with a Marshall 4x10 cab with celestion green back 10’s . Mic’d with a classic SM57 and a Sontronics Delta Ribbon mic. Quite some time was taken to find the best speaker and then to achieve perfect phase with the mics along with the best position.

Regular and D.I. profiles were taken of each setting allowing you to mix and match or make your own merged versions for maximum flexibility.

Naming protocol:

Clean Channel:

All profiles were done with the Tube rectifier except one which will have ‘SS’ at the end.

Just Volume and the brilliance settings are noted. So: Badcat.V.2.B.5. Is volume at 2 and the brilliance at 5.

Gain Channel:

All profiles were done with the Solid State rectifier expect one that I used the tube , this has ‘TU’ at the end.

The settings for the gain channel are the Gain, The Edge and the Level controls. The brilliance was adjusted to suit. So: Badcat.gain6.E5.L5 is the gain at 6 the edge at 5 and the level at 5 .

All profiles will have D.I. at the end if they’re the D.i. versions.

Enjoy :)

Merry Christmas all.

Hi Marcus, thanks very much for your offer. Highly appreciated. To my understanding it would be the easiest way to share this free pack with our fellow Kemperians by just adding a ZIP file with the profiles to a message here in the forum. That's at least the way many do it in the free rigs part of the forum. That way you can avoid hassle and discussion around how free is free when names, e-mails, phone numbers or other data is needed.

Thanks again and stay healthy!

yes, that thought crossed my mind , however I originally wanted to post to the facebook group as well so needed a single place to link to. I actually removed myself from facebook a few weeks ago because of all the negativity and fear that was being spread. I thought this might be my small way of stemming that flow and adding something positive to the world. I have been back to facebook to answer questions and see the comments on this and it's been heart warming. The internet has the potential to be a force for the good, perhaps it's a bit like the 'news' though and the negative stuff seems to carry more weight.

M

p.s. thanks for the donations , I had a few emails from people who mentioned the donate button didn't work. I've fixed that. :D If anyone doesn't want to fill in the web form just send me an email and I'll send you the pack.

Ok works now like charm, thanks a lot

will return for buying for the new tweed pack

stay safe

thanks. I couldn't find a better way of doing this so hopefully it wont be too much of a faff for people. I couldn't find a way to just have a direct download and because of merchant fee's etc for my website it's not possible to have a £0.00 item in the shop. So a 100% voucher is the only workaround it seems.

M

Guys,

Hope you're all well and managing this difficult time.

I've put together a pack of various amps from my studio over the years and in the spirit of helping out in these troubled times it's completely free .

you have to add the pack to your cart then use the code :

COVO-19 and you will get a 100% discount.

The two D*mble amps are now owned by Eric Claptons guitarist :D

D*mble 50w 102

D*mble 100w Bluesmaster as used by Joey Landreth

50's Spec JTM45 with KT66's

A 1970 Fender bandmaster

A Custom Plexi

A Trainwreck Express

A Z-Wreck

speakers are a combinations of vintage Celestion G12-65's 2x12

EVM12 1x12

Celestion G10 4x10

https://www.marcuscliffe.com/free-studio-pack

there's donate button for those who wish :D

Have fun

M

Here's a couple of pics from when we were recording last. That's my D*mble Bluesmaster on his 4x12 I haven't profiled that yet not sure how many D*umble profiles people want. I think that amp has the Best clean sounds from any of the ODS special amps so I should really do it. And my D*umble rig with the dumbleator all set up mic'd with the classic U67 and Sm57 same as Marks 4x12.

Glenn was going to get the EVM 4x12 out to pair it with , now that's a monster cabinet....4x EVM12' s in a cab....it needs 2 people to carry it :)

M

sorry guy's not been around much lately. Just come over to launch a new pack and seen this. I'm not a consultant for Mark I play in his band :D

He called me a couple of years ago as I'd been an early adopter, to ask me what i thought about it. I told him it was a great tool for me.

I haven't seen Mark for a year now since I was in the studio recording with him. I have not seen his tour Kemper as he used a mainly American Band on the road last year so do not know exactly what is on there. His tech Glen told me that there were some M Britt profiles and some of my Dumble profiles on there when they were in production rehearsals last year. I haven't seen or spoken to Glenn since then either.

Hope that helps.

Hi Folks. It's been a while but the next amp in the collection is ready.

https://www.marcuscliffe.com/tweedle-de

The tweed deluxe really needs no introduction. It’s been used by everyone from Niel Young, The Edge, Kenny Wayne Shepard to Larry Carlton and beyond. Designed in the 50’s it’s a small simple 6V6 amplifier with two channels. In its original form it’s a great amp, however it is prone to farting out and various other issues. Howard Dumble decided to put his skill into the amp and basically beefed up all the areas that needed it. Higher filtering in the power section, split Cathodes to stop the 2 volumes interacting and a different, higher voltage rectifier. It's an incredibly dynamic amp and responds to touch and volume/tone changes on the guitar beautifully. The speaker is a Celestion Alnico Cream.

Profiling

As usual with my profiling I chose to use a £12,000 Vintage Neumann U67 and the classic Shure Sm57. I got this technique/combination from working with Mark Knopfler for many years and it works great, on this particular amp after some experimentation I mic’d more closely than usual to get the best profiles. There are a total of 46 profiles in this pack.

Naming protocol

The amp has 3 inputs and two separate channels. The ‘mic’ channel which I refer to as the ‘Normal’ channel and two other channels which are identical except for the 500pF bright capacitor.

There are regular and D.I. profiles of all settings. You can use the D.I. profiles to make your own merged profiles with speakers of your choice from other profile packs or IR’s

price is the usual £9.99

audio demo's are on the web site: The guitars used in the demo's are: A coodercaster with gold foil pickups and flatwound strings. A warmoth '60's strat, a Warmoth custom 3 pickup telecaster with neck P90 and a 1994 '59 Gibson 335. All the demo's are unprocessed and any FX are from the kemper only.