Posts by nikosssb

Selling my PowerHead toaster. Bought in 2016 from Thomann.

In excellent working conditions. Home Use ONLY!

Asking Price: $2,200 (including shipping to continental US)

Includes Original Kemper Bag , Mission Engineering EP1-KP, and more than 150$ worth of rigs from TAF, Guidorist, Soundside, TopJimi, MBritt, etc.

Fully updated with the latest OS.

I live in Massachusetts. Message me for more details, pictures, and address if you are close and want to try it out.

Enjoy my take on Sweet Child O Mine's solo :)
    Let me now what you think!

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Show some love and SUBSCRIBE to my channel where I will be showcasing interesting rigs!

I have a strat that does this. I solved it by dampening the strings after the nut. It was ringing strange overtones. I just used a piece of Velcro on top and bottom of the first three strings (e, b,g) and that stopped it.
    My guess, It is either the nut or the string trees causing it but this took care of it.

yeah I've read people saying it might be the nut. Can you post a picture of the tree?

Hey all,

I'm experiencing some high ringing noise when plucking the high E string. It's not a buzzing sound, and it happens on most, if not all, frets. It's due to the pick attack, which creates this subtle but high pitched ringing noise. It's not string related as it happens on any string set. I'm using 10's at the moment. I use jazz III picks. My guitar is a custom made strat from warmoth. The ringing is most noticeable on high gain profiles using the bridge pickup (JB humbucker). Any thoughts?

Another song where I used my Cry Baby Wah settings (Posted in OP)

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Let me know what you guys think :)

@nikosssb I just loaded up your Wah settings - love it! The Crush of Love by Satch is also great with that. I used to have the Satch Big Bad Wah (it died) and it sounds so much like it, very authentic. But that of course is due to the great rig you are using plus your playing.

If you don't mind my asking, what IS the rig you are using?

Gary, it's great to see that you like it! I can't be happier to see that I'm contributing to the community. As for the rig, I found a very decent one on rig exchange called "Almost Joe". With some minor tweaks to match your guitar pickups, you can get very close to Joe's tone. Let me know if you can't find it.

How about nicoWAH - smooth? Rhymes with Nicolas :D Unless you want it to start with WW then I'm fine with the name you chose!
    For a second I was confused by @prsgary post, I thought he was talking to me. Turns out your name is Nicky :D great we share the "same" name!
    Cheers mate and thanks for the feature!

As requested by Monkey_Man, here are my Wah settings:

Manual: 3.3
    Peak: 7.7
    Pedal range: +37%
    Peak range: -43%
    Pedal mode: on
    Mix: 80%
    Ducking 0
    Volume 0

For what it's worth, my signal chain goes like this:
    Comp--->Boost--->WAH

For a sound sample of this specific WAH setting, listen to my rendition of Joe Satriani - Love Thing:

External Content youtu.be

If it wasn't one of the presets included in our wah bank, would you be prepared to document the settings in the thread linked to in my signature, Niko?
    Don't worry about neatness - as long as I can decipher which parameter's which, I'll take care of the rest and you'll be immortalised in the forum's wah bank!

Great job, mate. I love the lack of harshness.

Suuure! Would love to!

Enjoy my cover of Joe Satriani's song Love Thing. Using a mission engineering EP1-KP!

Let me know what you think!

Hey guys,

Took a lot of effort and time to nail this one. I believe it brings out the genius behind Freddie Mercury. Let me know what you think.
    If you enjoyed this, please support my facebook page Covered by Nick https://www.facebook.com/coveredbynick

Cheers!

Dear Kemperistas,

This is the closest tone I could get to David Gilmour's Comfortably Numb solo.
    Hope you guys dig it and let me know if you want the profile. Ready to share!

Show some love and SUBSCRIBE to my Channel :thumbup:

Cheers :thumbup: