Posts by KangaBlue

Liquid Profiling and feature plus an updated 2023 hardware with USB 3 for lower latency, 96khz , new colour screen, more processing power and memory for more effects and more detailed effects please. I would like to buy a new Kemper. Really you guys should get people excited to want to buy a new one....

For existing users the coming firmware is a fantastic upgrade.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

It's coming on the new liquid firmware.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

RM doesn’t work at all. I’ve had the Kemper for a few years now. Nothing works. Doesn’t copy & paste, can’t download packs I’ve brought and can’t drag it over either. So I was utterly fed up with the rubbish software that can be used with the Kemper. I’m using the latest version and KPA is also up to date.

Either the profiles you "borrowed" are corrupt, your Kemper needs service and/or you are completely clueless.

Mr Kemper has consistently stated that they haven't yet maxed out the potential of the current hardware with regards to updates and feature improvements.

That's a good line but course that's the case or the unit would fall over.... Developers can't program more complex reverbs and effects way beyond what is there.. only incremental improvements.... last heard were Reverbs improvements but effects like chorus were not record worthy... they could pass a covers gig that's it. If that argument were true hire a ex TC Or Lexicon programmer and give us record worthy effects please. It's like field of dreams you give programmer the space he will fill it...

Since the late 80’s, my chorus of choice in my touring and studio rack was a TC 2290 and a TC 1210. Believe me, the chorus in the Kemper is static and bland compared to those units. I was using those units 32 years ago.

If you want the sound of a Boss CE2, maybe you will be satisfied. If you want something more 3D, lush and less grainy and obvious, you won’t be happy.

There is nothing wrong with chorus and other effects setting getting a major update. You can always carry on using the ones that are there now and it won’t even effect you.

Love my Kemper units but there is definitely room for improvement in certain areas.

Yep TC 1210 I used that but when a competitor produced a model for stereo analog chorus that was 95% there and couldn't be picked in a mix against a real 1210 I couldn't justify have $2000 in my rack just for chorus.

The only way Kemper can improve in effects is vastly increasing ram and CPU/DSP power.... 8 years on the upgrade for 8 times the processing could be absorbed in the the similar 2020 pricing as 2012 pricing.

I would agree with you, but I guess chorus is not such a priority as was in the 80s. I tend to use the micro pitch, as it reminds me more of the Dimension D type effect.

Maybe not for you or the records you buy now however for millions of players it is a common and standard effect.... imgine Eric J or Larry C without chorus. This is just an example.

You are asking us to sell you snake oil, but we don't want to go into that business.

I know we could make a Profiler that runs on 192 kHz for a reasonable higher price, tell everyone that Massenburg was right, and make some good additional money by selling it to you and many others. But I sleep better by not doing so.

CK

Christoph you talking about sleeping better well the R&D cost for the Kemper were fully paid for many years ago. The cost of manufacturing in 2020 of 2012 ram and CPU power is very low and sales price is similar to 2012 so how about you give us 2020 CPU/DSP power and memory in a Kemper 2 at a similar price...... no need to R&D anything else if you are confident that your internal processing can't be improved upon in the audible range? Then you can write an OS with far more detailed effects that are studio quality and your supremacy is a slum dunk in all areas? More sales occur more people move to you and sell other products that have superior effects? You can then compete on that level for minimal cost? :)

You can still output at 96kHz IIRC, Kanga.

Ok this is an upsample from 48k to 96k via spdif? It must be a newer OS. I did buy a Kemper after being abused on another account and complaining I couldn't people guys on the forum selling a Kemper, but I sold it. As I recall you were nice, friendly and encouraging however. Maybe the effects are better now too ? I was disappointed in those and another reason I went back to amps and outboard effects.

Hi Christoph, thank you for taking the time to make a detailed response. I am open to the possibility that I might be wrong and that there may be no sound benefit in going 96k internally. I am looking for improvements and incentives to buy back into the Kemper platform. How about considering making a Kemper II with triple the ram and processing power and leave all else alone? Then you would have the memory and power to get reverbs to lexicon quality and chorusing closer TC Analog 1210 rack for example. This is one area where one of your competitors is very strong. The Kemper definitely has the closest to tube amp tones but none of the effects I would ever want to record to drive. I went back to tubes for OD but your competitor has very high quality reverbs and chorus close to the best studio racks. You could do that too and be the indisputable in the box king!

Monkey Man above says I can output at 96k as is now. In the new model you could give a switch to digitally out at 96k for those studio guys committed to that and you can just tick that supported box off. Make it obvious that 96k is supported. I hear you saying you believe there is no sound advantage but it wouldn't be snake oil give a switch to support that output spec?

Cheers

KB

Many higher end studio guys believe tracking @ 96k sounds better within the audible 20-20k range. It's about detail and accuracy. Digital is always a snapshot then a gap like film rather than real life. Making a Kemper HD that does 96khz output for recording would be a killer product. I would buy one plus a hundred thousand other guys. There are other benefits to 96khz like half the latency on effects etc. It's great many guys are happy with what they have and don't want anything better however there is lot who would love 96K processing and digital HD output.

96k is already done. An editor may possibly be in the works. And the effects keep getting better.

You'll be back ;)

Cool I did't know that but that appears to be a sample rate converter from 44.1k to 96k out the SPDIF it wouldn't give higher resolution detail of profiles and sounds like 24bit 96khz profiling would at the outset and playback as well as any conversion.

Pretty sure that the main guts and design of the X32 was done before they bought Midas. They just had Midas tweak their preamp design a bit and afterwards the biggest selling Midas desk ever was born the M32 which basically is an X32 in black with upgraded preamps and faders.

Anyway I agree it's silly to bash other products unless you are learning from their mistakes. Based on history it would be a mistake for Kemper not to be working on V2. It's great many of you are still super happy with it as is. Personally I sold mine because even though I admit with M Britt profiles the Kemper has the best amp sound of the modelling/profiling world but I didn't care much for the effects or lack of computer editing. I also would like the ability to stack amps, iRs and have more I/O so in a hotel room on the road I don't need anything else. Also 96k is desirable.

So many Kempers have been sold that R&D costs were recovered years ago and really the price should halve without an update. Additionally the pedal, like fractals, is also way over priced and under developed. Adapt, evolve and survive. History has taught us this is necessary. Of course they are working on V2 but they will not tell you until it's ready to go because clearly they are milking V1 for all it's worth. 8|