Posts by MetalMauce

As a general comment: it felt like the sound was "thinner" but more in front...like less mix on the effects (but it wasn't the case, have controlled).

I don't use the Space parameter but I do use the Pure Cabinet one

I think that is a very good description (thinner and less mix, I would say less 'wet' sound).
    I can confirm that's exaclty my experience.
    I reverted back and my sound is killer again.

TBH I've never experienced any sound change following an update in the past. Maybe something related to tonestack code change in preparation for Liquid profiling? THinking about this because of the slight change in the Gain as well.....

Could be, I just noticed a huge difference in my sound.
    I mean, I spent a lot of time to get my sound right, and then after an upgrade I can start all over again with all rigs.
    So for me I reverted back too, I hope this will be fixed as this is a blocking issue for me to upgrade.

that may be, but you never used it as an audio interface until the beta was released a few weeks back. Someone can correct me if I’m wrong, but prior to 9.0 there was no audio conversion between the KpA and rig manager . The rig manager merely controlled the KpA. Even when clicking on a profile only saved in rig manager, it was just sending a file to the KpA to load in its memory. So the usb was just sending data and commands back and forth. No conversion of audio to digital was happening through usb.

Good piont, I guess that explains it

Hi,

It has been reported before here: OS 9.0 Beta - Bug report

But after the OS9 upgrade the overal sound of my rigs (I use high gain only) has changed.
    They sound more harsh/treble than before. It's hard to pinpoint it out exactly but it's definitely different.
    I've had this before a couple of years ago after an upgrade, didn't report it back then (I though it was my ears), but now it happened again.
    Not sure if the upgrade changes anything related to that ...

I'm I the only one experiencing this?

Hi,
    As mention in the title Version 3.4.31 + OS 9.0.3.45277 Public Beta has problems wit the USB connection.
    I already restart the MAC and Profiler.
    At first there is a connection but after some time (some minutes) the connection is gone and the error 'Scanning for Profilers .... there is a connection issue.....' is showing.
    I never had such issues with older firmware/rig manager versions.
    I read somewhere OS9.0.2 had this issue and was solved in OS9.0.3 but apparently not quite.

played with 9.0 the all day and....something was off...a different feel under the finger, like the guitars (tried with 4 different ones) where lacking output and dynamic, though the sound was a bit more dry and in front. Subtle but noticeable. I've start thinking that my brain plays games with me....'till I've reinstalled the 8.7.20....problem gone, glorious sound and feel.

Has anything changed in 9.0 in the Input section or the signal routing?

FWIW: I didn't upgrade to OS9 yet, but exactly this happened to me some OS release of a couple of years ago too (I think it was the release when the Kemper Drive was introduced). I ended up changing EQ settings on my rigs to work around this. I too was thinking something was wrong with my ears back then.

Hi,

I first updated my powerrack to OS 8.7.20.44681 without the remote connected.

Then afterwars I cold started the powerrack with the remote connected and expected the remote also to update but that didn't happen.

Is it correct that OS 8.7.20.44681 does not involve an upgrade of the Kemper Remote?

Also how can I check which OS version is on the Kemper Remote (on the Kemper itself I know where to find that but not on the remote)

Thanks in advance.

Yes, he mentioned replacing the wireless with a cable.

To the OP, you simply don't have enough data to reach a conclusion. This is the nature of intermittent issues. Welcome to statistical problem solving. I don't believe that this forum will offer a response that will provide a definitive solution although you may get ideas that you have not considered. So far, you have been very logical in your test ideas. I think you are going to have to continue as you have. You will eventually determind if it is the Kemper or something else.

THank you for your response and confirmation on the steps I already took.
    It's the helpless feeling that's killing.
    I was thinking about this yesterday. Assuming that the problem is with the Kemper (I doubt it, but just in case and if so I suspect the internal poweramp), what I can do is:
    - Next time, try the same cab at the same rehearsal studio
    - Bring my Headrush FRFR as a backup to the internal poweramp (so I can use it on MONITOR OUT and bypass the cab)
    - Bring my Palmer MACH 402 as a backup to the internal poweramp (so I can use it on MONITOR OUT and use the cab).

I was thinking bringing those two things would allow me some more steps to test if the problem occurs again.
    Would that be good thinking?

Ok,

I'm am confused and clueless. I hope someone can help me with this as this happened to me twice now.
    I'll explain in detail. In all cases I used the internal poweramp on a real cab in primarily in Performance Mode (when in trouble I tried other rigs using Browser Mode, but that made no difference for the issue I came across). Monitor CAB is set to off.

After 5 years of using my Kemper without any issues I was auditioning at an experienced band I'd like to join.
    I'm using the poweramp in my Kemper on a 4x12 cab (unknown brand but sounds good). I turn up the volume (not crazy loud but really loud without the need of hearing protection).
    Then after the rest of the band joined after 10mins or so the sound when completely shitty. It's hard to describe but I would describe it as if you would bypass a guitar pedal, so just the sound coming from just the guitar, the volume was a bit lower and sounded crackled. The screen on the Kemper Remote and the Kemper itself looked ok. I switched off the Kemper, turned it on again and it improved but still way from as it should be. I managed through the rehearsal and luckily they could see through and judged my playing not my sound.

So two day's layer I rented a rehearsal room in my hometown to dive into this issue. I got a Marshall 1960 4x12 , connected my Kemper (again using it's internal poweramp), put in my earplugs and play loud, really loud (even with plugs in) for two hour without any issue! All presets were there sounded great. No problems at all. So my conclusion: it must have been the CAB or speaker cable at the auditioning. Just to be sure I did a factory reset and restored my latest backup. Still the same proper results.

Then the day before yesterday I went with my other band (they play even louder), got my Kemper to their rehearsal room (at another town), again a 1960 4x12. Very loud playing for 3 hours without any issues at all! So felt confident with my Kemper.

Yesterday I got my second rehearsal with the band I auditioned for (feeling confident about my Kemper). Now here is where the story gets really weird.
    I arrived 30mins early so I could take time to settle my sound. I got the same CAB as the first time that gave me trouble. But this time it sounded great! Volume was 'very loud without the need of ear protection) so I took the time to configure the EQ on the MONITOR OUT menu in the OUTPUT MENU to my needs on that specific cab. I even turned up the volume to even louder. Then when I was satisfied with the settings I pushed the STORE button three times to save the performce.
    As soon as I pushed the button, THE SAME PROBLEM as the first rehearsal occured. The 'crackling bypass sound at low volume' was there again. I still could change presets and rigs, but they all sounded about the same ('crackling bypass sound at low volume'). Then a technician (experienced repair professional of recording gear and tube amps) assisted me and these were the steps I did to try to solve the issue:

• Tried a different cable from the Kemper to the cab -> same problem.
    • Tried a different cab -> same problem.
    • Tried a different amp (completely take out the Kemper from the signal chain) -> problem was gone.
    • Replaced the different amp with the Kemper again but this time replace my wireless (Shure GLXD4) with a cable -> same problem
    • Then I restored a backup from USB I created the night before (so the only difference between the backup and current settings where the EQ adjustments I did in the MONITOR OUT section just minutes before). -> same problem
    • We even switched guitars -> then all of a sudden the sound was good again. So the technician said my guitar was the problem (I'm sure it wasn't!! New battery, used the guitar the night before with the other band and besides that the problem started when I pushed the save button on the Kemper, has nothing to do with the guitar).
    • So reconnected the whole setup as it should be (my guitar, my wireless, into the Kemper, on the CAB from the rehearing room) -> no problem at all and I could play the whole night without any issues! WTF??
    • I wasn't able to test any of the other outputs (mains/FOH) but I guess that still worked fine (is use that on a daily basis).

So I am confused, not a bit, but completely confused.
    I took the time to explain in details what happened because I need a solution for this as I can't afford to have the same experience the third rehearsal in a few weeks.
    The weird thing is that I only experienced this on the same CAB in that same rehearsal room (and therefore with the same band). But if you read through the steps we took above, the problem cannot be the CAB. I couldn't sleep because this issue bugged me as this is a vague issue which I can't explain.

I read through the Kemper manual and the only reference I could find that could be describing my experience (although I'm not sure if that is really the issue I had) is written in the 'Power Amplifier' chapter in the Basics manual where it says on page 24 'if you are running at high volumes and notice any indications of speaker distress, turn down “Monitor Volume” or “Power Amp Boost”.'
    Not sure where my Monitor Volume where at when the problem occurred but my Power Amp Boost is on 6.0db.

OS version: 8.7.15.42312 (Jan 30 2013 16:11:29)

I hope this explanation in detail gives you a proper description of the problem and maybe someone of you had this issue too.
    Or maybe someone from the Kemper team understands what went wrong.
    Anyhow any help would be very welcome as I don't want the same thing happening again.

Thanks in advance for your help

Hi,

As the title discribes, Is it possible to switch quickly between outputs (main, poweramp/cab or both) in a live situation (powered Kemper)?
    I mean, let's say I have a cab on stage and I'm connected to FOH with mains.
    Let's say I have a acoustic profile (which I use with my electric guitar) which I only want to sent to FOH and not to my poweramp/cab.
    The acoustic profile through the cab sounds not good so I want to disable the cab only when I use the profile.
    Then at some point I switch to a distortion profile, in that case I want to use both FOH and the cab (or maybe even just the cab and no FOH).

Can this be done?

Hi,

Not sure whether this is the right place to post this, but I need some advise.

Here is what I've got:
    - Guitars, Kemper (with real 4x12 cab)
    - Macbook with Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 3rd Gen
    - 2x Headrush FRFT 112

What I want to do is to perform to a small audience using the Macbook to play a backtrack on the headrushes while I jam along using the Kemper on the CAB.
    The 'problem' is I stand behind the headrushes to avoid feedback but then I can't hear the backtrack so I plan to use my Apple Airpod Pro in ear to hear the backtrack myself but then I need the Macbook to play the backtrack both on the Focusrite and the Apple Airpods simulaneaously and it's only possible to select one output on the Macbook.
    Also, of course the backtrack coming from the headrush and the airpods pro need to be in sync (no latency). I know alternatively I can use a headphone with cord on one of the headphone jacks in the focusrite but I rather don't use a headphone, I prefer the fireless airpod pro.

Any suggestions how to proceed with this?

Thanks in advance for your advice.