OS9 Beta: since upgrade the overall sound of the rigs has changed (harsh/treble)

• Hi,

It has been reported before here: OS 9.0 Beta - Bug report

But after the OS9 upgrade the overal sound of my rigs (I use high gain only) has changed.
    They sound more harsh/treble than before. It's hard to pinpoint it out exactly but it's definitely different.
    I've had this before a couple of years ago after an upgrade, didn't report it back then (I though it was my ears), but now it happened again.
    Not sure if the upgrade changes anything related to that ...

I'm I the only one experiencing this?

• Same here, I reverted back to the release version and everything is fine again. Can't really tell what it is, but is kinda less dynamic, gain structure feels different, it sounds "off"

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better

• Same here, I reverted back to the release version and everything is fine again. Can't really tell what it is, but is kinda less dynamic, gain structure feels different, it sounds "off"

Me too, but it's strange that not everyone is affected by this issue (apparently).
    Also , maybe I missed it but afaik the issue is never addressed in the past.

• TBH I've never experienced any sound change following an update in the past. Maybe something related to tonestack code change in preparation for Liquid profiling? THinking about this because of the slight change in the Gain as well.....

• TBH I've never experienced any sound change following an update in the past. Maybe something related to tonestack code change in preparation for Liquid profiling? THinking about this because of the slight change in the Gain as well.....

Could be, I just noticed a huge difference in my sound.
    I mean, I spent a lot of time to get my sound right, and then after an upgrade I can start all over again with all rigs.
    So for me I reverted back too, I hope this will be fixed as this is a blocking issue for me to upgrade.

• I think someone on this forum recently had an issue where the final output EQ was changed when they updated. Might be worth a look.

I updated and did not notice any changes to the sound. But I have not been using the Kemper much so it may have.

• I think someone on this forum recently had an issue where the final output EQ was changed when they updated. Might be worth a look.

I updated and did not notice any changes to the sound. But I have not been using the Kemper much so it may have.

That was the first thing I checked, I even reloaded my output presets.

• That was the first thing I checked, I even reloaded my output presets.

That didn't solve the issue ....
    Maybe some functionality both you and me have in common in use that causes the issue.
    Maybe that explains why the majority isn't suffering from this.
    But with such complex piece of equipment it's not that easily found.

• That didn't solve the issue ....
    Maybe some functionality both you and me have in common in use that causes the issue.
    Maybe that explains why the majority isn't suffering from this.
    But with such complex piece of equipment it's not that easily found.

I've nothing exotic setted up. Input and Output settings where still the same, I do not use external devices in the loop (eventual level changes), I don't use Parallel Path.....

As a general comment: it felt like the sound was "thinner" but more in front...like less mix on the effects (but it wasn't the case, have controlled).

I don't use the Space parameter but I do use the Pure Cabinet one

• As a general comment: it felt like the sound was "thinner" but more in front...like less mix on the effects (but it wasn't the case, have controlled).

I don't use the Space parameter but I do use the Pure Cabinet one

I think that is a very good description (thinner and less mix, I would say less 'wet' sound).
    I can confirm that's exaclty my experience.
    I reverted back and my sound is killer again.

• Hmm. Have you checked global and the rig pure cab settings? See if something is going on with that rev delay what’s it called setting in the amp menu. Maybe the distort sens is different. Maybe there’s something glitchy going on in one of the parameters in like the amb or cabinet section that default to something different? Ones you never touch and wouldn’t think to check? But yeah if you’ve tried all those maybe you’ll make a discovery. That someone suggested about if you made an audio recording if you couldn’t figure it out…. Either way report it to support so it gets looked into.

• I think at this point it's over to the developers to make this go away before full release, which I'm sure they will. 🙂

apparently not because OS9 has just been released. I’m not going to upgrade at this point. Tonight band rehearsal. Better safe than sorry.

• I went to make the Update this morning (9.0.5 Release) to check again and.....is all back to normal. No perceived/feeled differences.

Now I'm not sure whether it was me on that day or some other variable....but the issue is gone.

All good on my side