Posts by MetalMauce

If you want to use the master volume knob to control just the level of the monitor out you simply need to deactivate the volume links for the other outputs in the output menu.

Ok didn;t think fof that. Good call.

But how is the master volume controlled then for FOH (Main Output)?
    That has no volume control linked anymore in that case. Or is there a soft-volume control available in the menu?

Hi,

I know this has been discussed a lot but not exactly my question so I'll give it a try here.
    I'm using the Kemper (Powerrack!) on a regular guitar cab (ENGL 4x12 Pro) connected through the speaker output (with CAB emulation off).
    If available I'd like to offer FOH signal too connected to the Main Output (with CAB emulation on).

With regards to the Master Volume (upper control) and regular Volume (lower control right from the display) what I understood from the manual and this forum is:
    - The regular Volume controls the overal volume of a rig in browser or performace mode and is saved with the rig.
    This volume can be used to level the volume between rigs.
    - The Master Volume is the total volume of the entire device. If you crank it up all rigs will be cranked up to say so.

Question 1:
    Is the above correct? Do I understand this correctly?

Question 2:
    Let's say at a gig I'm using my cab on the speaker out (CAB emu off) and instead of mics offer the Main Output (with CAB emu on) to the PA.
    If duing the gig I want to change my total volume on the cab to a level I like I need to use the Master Volume because I want to control the total volume that affects all rigs.
    The problem with this is that this also will affect the FOH volume on the Main Outputs causing stress at the FOH engineers.

Is there a way to change the overall level on the CAB without affecting the volume level for FOH?
    It's kind of a need for freedom in stage-volume.

I hope my question is clear and I hope this is possible with the KPA.

Thanks in advance.

I had this too but it appeared to be my noise gate stomp box.
    It would allow any sound to pass untill the configured level.

But I also understand your problem is de soundlevel doesn't react linear to the pedal momevent.
    I have the same experience with the expression pedals on my FC300.

So I think there are two possible areas for research:
    1) Is is because of NR/Gate?
    2) Does the pedal you use act linear with the Kemper sound.

Hi,

I know with 'normal' amps that it's dangerous to use the amp without a speaker connected to it because you can blow up the poweramp due to impedance mismatch.
    Does this also apply for the Kemper?

Sometimes I like to use a headphone, but connecting a headphone does not mute the other outputs so I need to disconnect the speaker cable.
    Is that safe with the Kemper or could it harm the amp?

Thanks in advance.

Mauce

Hi,

I'd like to subscribe to topics but I can't figure out how to put them in my watch list.
    Usually there is some kind of subscibe-button.
    I could have missed it, but the only way I know of on this site is by replying to a topic.

How to subscribe to a topic without having to reply?

Thanks in advance.

Mauce

I think this pack rules!
    Awesome sound.

You were talking about switching cabs shouldn't be a problem.
    I have an ENGL 4x12 Pro slanted loaded with Vintage 30s.
    Do you think there would be a noticible difference in sound?

Hi,

The subject says it all.

How do I move a stomp box from one slot to another?
    I forgot to put a pedal I want to have in Stomp A but A, B and C are occupied. So I want to move C to D, B to C, A to B and add the new pedal in A.

I figured out I can save the existing stomps as a module and then load them in the correct stomp slots, but I was wondering whether moving them is possible without saving them as modules first.

Thanks in advance.

o wait. I should be in the system menu I see now.

There is a big BUT, namely that for this I had to change the CC to #11 on th FC300 which makes this pedal unusable as volume padal for all other rigs.

Is it possible to obtain the same situation without having to sacrifice the volume functionality for the other rigs?

The black bar in

when should I start with step 1? From what situation?

The bar mentioned in step 2 is not showing.

Did anyone succeed in assigning gain control in a morph function to one pf the expression pedals?

I'd like to use the left expression pedal to control the amount of gain in a certain rig
    I'm running the FC300 in standard mode
    I've changes the CC# for thah pedal to #11 in the FC300 settings and I can see the pedal movement in the system settings on the kemper. But how do I assign the gain control?

An additional question: can this be saved per rig? Because in one rig I'd like to use the pedal for volume and in another for gain control.

I hope someone can help me out.

Thanks in advance!

Here's an attempt at profiling the Gallien Krueger and I played a "sort of almost 2 Minutes To Midnight" riff :D

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This amp just sounds so muffled at boring. It's nothing like the epic tone of Somewhere In Time.
    It doesn't have the same bite at all. Sure I have different guitar and pickups than Adrian (for example) but it's not terribly different.
    Tried a lot of microphone positions and nothing worked to get it right.

Would be interesting to run the amp section through a combo power section going to a 4x12 Marschall cab, I could try it but since it's not my amp I wont do it, they are also getting the amp back soon since the album production is mostly finished.

I like the sound! Nothing wrong with that, really! But like you side it still miles away from their sound.
    But we have to realize that the sound we're looking for is the sound after mixing and producing so maybe that's not really fair.
    Besides that IM uses quite a lot of delay and chorus (and compression too I think).

Wow that sound you really put some effort in it.
    Do you have any soundclip available with your current sound?

Hi,

I've been searching on the forum and found a few post about the Iron Maiden sound but I could find a good profile.
    Yes they play Marshalls (JMP1 and JCM800 I think) but so far a real good Kemper profile could not be found.

I'm especially interested in their sound on Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son and Somewhere In Time albums.
    Very middy, with lots of delay and chorus.

I tried to make one myself but it's very difficult to get their sound.

Has anyone build a Kemper Rig for this sound?

Thanks in advance.

This is my latest axe, Brent Hinds Epihone with Lace Hammerclaws. Very hot pickups.
    Check it in action here (using Kemper profile):

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Hi

I'm new to Kemper but am learning each day.
    Today I used JEVO's 5150 profile to build my first rig and made a short clip playinng riffs.
    I had a bit latency issues with my Focusrite Scarlet 2i4.

External Content youtu.be

I tried to create a tight powermetal sound

Let me hear what you think of it.
    Any tips are welcome

Thanks!