OS 9.0 Beta - Bug report

• Hey,
    I installed the OS 9.0 and it works on the Kemper Amp. But when i try to connect my Rig Manager doesnt find the Amp. (RM ist on Version 3.3.50) The Patch notes say that RM should be on 3.4.82 but i dont find the Beta Download file. Can anyone help me ?

• I had an initial failure when installing OS 9 to my toaster, worked after a power cycle. This has happened before, could be lots of reasons.

Had one complete freeze (still had audio) after looking at the Output/USB page, I then exited and tried to change a profile. Had to power cycle again.

No problems last night playing for 30 minutes.

• Hey,
    I installed the OS 9.0 and it works on the Kemper Amp. But when i try to connect my Rig Manager doesnt find the Amp. (RM ist on Version 3.3.50) The Patch notes say that RM should be on 3.4.82 but i dont find the Beta Download file. Can anyone help me ?

You don't need to download RM 3.4.28. If you are running RM 3.3.50 it will suggest an upgrade to RM 3.4.28 in case you have beta versions selected in its preferences.

• You don't need to download RM 3.4.28. If you are running RM 3.3.50 it will suggest an upgrade to RM 3.4.28 in case you have beta versions selected in its preferences.

OK - so the Profiler should update to OS9 first and then RM will suggest 3.4.28. When I did that last night, the Profiler updated fine. RM would tell me of a software mismatch and then crash any time I clicked check for updates.

I'm on an old Mac - do the system requirements change at all for RM 3.4.28?

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• OK - so the Profiler should update to OS9 first and then RM will suggest 3.4.28. When I did that last night, the Profiler updated fine. RM would tell me of a software mismatch and then crash any time I clicked check for updates.

I'm on an old Mac - do the system requirements change at all for RM 3.4.28?

check the „beta“ option in the preferences, then RM 3.4 will be offered to install. After that, RM 3.4 will offer to install 9.0.0.

The minimum MacOS version is now 10.14.

• MacOS 10.13.6 is officially end-of-life since 2018, apart from a few security updates in 2020.

There is not much we can do about it, since newer XCode versions actively drop support for old platforms, so we can't even properly build software for 10.13.6 anymore.

• MacOS 10.13.6 is officially end-of-life since 2018, apart from a few security updates in 2020.

There is not much we can do about it, since newer XCode versions actively drop support for old platforms, so we can't even properly build software for 10.13.6 anymore.

Oh - no worries at all. I know what I have. I bought it new in 2011 and used, abused and generally asked more of it than I had a right to.

Just proof that eventually, even a Mac won't hang with the longevity of the Kemper Profiler!!! :)

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• You don't need to download RM 3.4.28. If you are running RM 3.3.50 it will suggest an upgrade to RM 3.4.28 in case you have beta versions selected in its preferences.

That was my problem. I needed to select the Beta Versions in the preferences . Thank you.

• played with 9.0 the all day and....something was off...a different feel under the finger, like the guitars (tried with 4 different ones) where lacking output and dynamic, though the sound was a bit more dry and in front. Subtle but noticeable. I've start thinking that my brain plays games with me....'till I've reinstalled the 8.7.20....problem gone, glorious sound and feel.

Has anything changed in 9.0 in the Input section or the signal routing?

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better

• played with 9.0 the all day and....something was off...a different feel under the finger, like the guitars (tried with 4 different ones) where lacking output and dynamic, though the sound was a bit more dry and in front. Subtle but noticeable. I've start thinking that my brain plays games with me....'till I've reinstalled the 8.7.20....problem gone, glorious sound and feel.

Has anything changed in 9.0 in the Input section or the signal routing?

FWIW: I didn't upgrade to OS9 yet, but exactly this happened to me some OS release of a couple of years ago too (I think it was the release when the Kemper Drive was introduced). I ended up changing EQ settings on my rigs to work around this. I too was thinking something was wrong with my ears back then.

• Anybody else hearing a difference? I have 5 paid jobs in the upcoming days and therefore I'll remain on the last Release for the time being, but I'm still puzzled...never had any sound differences with the previous updates...

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better