Version 3.4.31 + OS 9.0.3.45277 Public Beta -> Still USB connection problem on MAC

• Hi,
    As mention in the title Version 3.4.31 + OS 9.0.3.45277 Public Beta has problems wit the USB connection.
    I already restart the MAC and Profiler.
    At first there is a connection but after some time (some minutes) the connection is gone and the error 'Scanning for Profilers .... there is a connection issue.....' is showing.
    I never had such issues with older firmware/rig manager versions.
    I read somewhere OS9.0.2 had this issue and was solved in OS9.0.3 but apparently not quite.

• What kind of PROFILER do you have? is it a Stage? With the implementation of USB-audio, now the communication speed between PROFILER and computer is much higher: therefore the used USB cable has to be USB2.0 high-speed certified. You could try to use another USB cable.

• It never was a problem before (for 6 years!)

that may be, but you never used it as an audio interface until the beta was released a few weeks back. Someone can correct me if I’m wrong, but prior to 9.0 there was no audio conversion between the KpA and rig manager . The rig manager merely controlled the KpA. Even when clicking on a profile only saved in rig manager, it was just sending a file to the KpA to load in its memory. So the usb was just sending data and commands back and forth. No conversion of audio to digital was happening through usb.

• that may be, but you never used it as an audio interface until the beta was released a few weeks back. Someone can correct me if I’m wrong, but prior to 9.0 there was no audio conversion between the KpA and rig manager . The rig manager merely controlled the KpA. Even when clicking on a profile only saved in rig manager, it was just sending a file to the KpA to load in its memory. So the usb was just sending data and commands back and forth. No conversion of audio to digital was happening through usb.

Good piont, I guess that explains it

• I just experienced the following issue with v 9.0.5 and 3.4.3.2 which I just installed this morning. 9.0.5 is the first version I have installed that supports the new USB interface. Once installed I recorded a track in Logic Pro 10.7.8 which recorded fine and played back fine a number of times. I then turned off my Kemper Rack and closed Logic for a bit then started up both again a few minutes later. I then proceeded to load that same Logic track I had just created but now on playback I had no sound. I checked settings and everything was still set up correctly, I tried playing the track again and once again no audio output but Logic threw this error below. I then proceeded to reboot both my Mac and the Kemper Rack and then everything was back to normal and I once again had audio for that track. Yes, that track was recorded at 44.1K. Running a Mac Mini M1 with Ventura 13.4 , and using the Kemper headphone output.

Edited 8 times, last by Lnk97438 ().

• I just experienced the following issue with v 9.0.5 and 3.4.3.2 which I just installed this morning. 9.0.5 is the first version I have installed that supports the new USB interface. Once installed I recorded a track in Logic Pro 10.7.8 which recorded fine and played back fine a number of times. I then turned off my Kemper Rack and closed Logic for a bit then started up both again a few minutes later. I then proceeded to load that same Logic track I had just created but now on playback I had no sound. I checked settings and everything was still set up correctly, I tried playing the track again and once again no audio output but Logic threw this error below. I then proceeded to reboot both my Mac and the Kemper Rack and then everything was back to normal and I once again had audio for that track. Yes, that track was recorded at 44.1K. Running a Mac Mini M1 with Ventura 13.4 , and using the Kemper headphone output.

I also have a major problem since i my M1 Mac Mini several months with loss of audio. I am also running Ventura 14.4. However, I have not had this happen with the Kemper USB audio yet. It only affects my Moto Ultralite Mk5. It is driving me mad. Motu even replaced the first Ultralite but I still have periodic loss of audio issues. I haven’t been able to troubleshoot it effectively but I suspect that my issues (and possibly yours) are related to Ventura and/or M1 Mac Mini’s rather than specific interfaces.

• I don't have any problems when using my Apollo Solo Thunderbolt interface with my Mac Mini M1 and Logic.

I also have a major problem since i my M1 Mac Mini several months with loss of audio. I am also running Ventura 14.4. However, I have not had this happen with the Kemper USB audio yet. It only affects my Moto Ultralite Mk5. It is driving me mad. Motu even replaced the first Ultralite but I still have periodic loss of audio issues. I haven’t been able to troubleshoot it effectively but I suspect that my issues (and possibly yours) are related to Ventura and/or M1 Mac Mini’s rather than specific interfaces.

• this looks like your Mac is not fast enough: try to increase the I/O buffer size in Logic Pro

My computer should be more than fast enough for this task. As I stated above the problem went away after a reboot of both the computer and the Profiler. If it was my computer that same session should be experiencing this same issue which it isn't.