Posts by Block Inlay

Yes. That’s the one.

Its robust. Big enough not to feel like a toy but small enough to be very portable. It also seems to make full use of the pedal travel with not dead spots at either end. FV500 for example has a significant dead spot (buffer zone) at each end wher the pedal moves but nothing happens. This drives me crazy even thought the rest of the travel is very smooth.

Thanks for the info. I'm going to give the FP02M a shot.

Hi all, hope i'm posting this in the right area.

I've been using a Moog EP-3 with kemper for quite a while, on and off. I'm starting to dislike the sweep on it, just feels like too short of a travel from heel to toe. And the physical height of the pedal doesn't seem to help now that I have it mounted on a board. I've played with both settings on the EP3's switch (think it's standard and other?) and don't love the sweep on either. Is there a good way to adjust for this with either the EP3 or through kemper settings that I'm missing?

What are some widely used alternatives to the EP3? Specifically one with a longer sweep range, preferably not quite as tall/high off the floor/pedalbaord (less important), and has roughly the same size footprint as an EP3? I've tried a few Mission expression pedals and didn't care for those.

Thanks!

Yes. If you put the H90 in duel mode you essentially have two EXs channel. The H90 has two sets of performances one set for single mode and the other for duel mode. The stage EXs inserts are mono in stereo out… the H90 can be run stereo in/out… but the stage only has mono in/stereo out for it's EXs loop inserts

I also set my H90 to run in line mode, not instrument.

Thanks for all the info GL! What's the benefit of running in line mode rather than instrument?

The H90 can either run in single or dule mode. I run my H90 in single mode. In duel mode you can take advantage of two effects separately.

I run a H90 and a H9 into my stage.

In dual mode, can each of the two effects be routed independently and in stereo? I guess this would require the kemper to run two stereo effects loop blocks (post-amp). Is that even possible?

Hi folks, haven't been on in a bit but happy to be back.

I have a question about using an H90 with the Stage specifically. Seeing that the H90 can run two algo's at the same time, is it possible to split these and send them to two different effects loops in the Kemper Stage? And is it possible to have both in stereo?

I ask because I noticed the H90 has some effects that would probably sound better early in the signal chain (e.g. drive/gain) while others would probably sound better towards the end (e.g. delay or verbs).

Can the H90 split its signal this way and can the Kemper stage effect loops accommodate this, and in stereo? I've never really used effects loops in Kemper much so I'm not super familiar with how they work.

Thanks!

Just pulled my new, used Stage out of the shipping box and it's up and running. I did some searching and couldn't find what I was looking for: Is undo/redo a feature yet? The stage is updated to 8.xx. I saw an older thread that undo/redo was going to be added in a 7.x update. Did that fall by the wayside or am i missing something obvious? Cheers

There's no quick to anything here Jed. I've been using Kemper for around 5 years. RM has always had problems. If it makes you feel better about yourself to look the other way and quote Rush and blame me, go for it buddy. Yeah the program has come a long way, but it still has a lot of problems.

RM still needs a lot of work and the various updates haven't fixed some bugs that are years old at this point. Maybe you have the time, but I'm too busy making music to fuck around with RM every time it wants to misbehave. Hugs.

Kemper has been asleep at the wheel on Rig Manager for far too long. They need to shake up whatever group is responsible for RM or add better engineers to fix it. The whole application is a fucking mess and reminds me of Line6 level workmanship. Come on Kemper, your hardware is top notch and expensive. You need to back it up with top notch software.

Running the above version of RM and my Kemper head has v 8.0.6.24597. Using Windows 10.

When RM is open, I get an "Oops! Something went wrong :(" message in the editor area and a "Rig Manager requires an update to show an editor" message as well.

When I try to update RM through the application, nothing happens. I downloaded the update and extracted it but when I try to run the installation, again nothing happens.

I guess the next step is to uninstall RM completely and reinstall, or am I missing something?

Hi All

I'll be switching from an amp to a used Stage which will be delivered today. I'd like to do a few things and wanted some advice on the best way to go about it:

1. Load all profiles from the new stage into my Rig Library. Should just be a drag and drop? Or do I need to register the Stage to myself first? Will also update stage to latest firmware if needed.

2. Backup everything on my amp head to PC (i know how to do this part)

3. Transfer what I currently have on my amp head to the new stage. Is this just as simple as creating a fresh back up off the head and then loading that into the stage?

At this point, I believe the Stage should operate and contain all the seetings and profiles from my Amp head, correct? Am I missing anything?

Thanks!

Hi all,

I'm switching up to a Kemper Stage and will be selling my Kemper head. It's in excellent condition as is the remote (still has the plastic on the screen). Power and CAT5 cables included. Hundreds of profiles can be included if you want. Mostly MBrit, Tone Junky, and TopJimi. Original boxes included. I would prefer to keep this local/fairly local to avoid the hassle and cost of shipping. I'm in central Massachusetts. $1700 for the amp and remote.

Firmware was updated about 3 months ago.