Posts by Gforce guitar

I'm hording profiles from any place I can find them :P

I did buy the Everything pack from TJ, but I'm still grabbing every free one I can find.

Yes cool but you miss tons of good ones that you can buy. I buy some every week and I am not especially rich I mean its 35$ for a pack in general...

To clean up - again from RM - I would select the "On Kemper" profiles, sort by something and delete a bunch. It turns out that if you use the favorite function then deleting unwanted ones is not that big of an issue.

This is why I classified everything in style of music ... so if I erase accidentally let's say... a jazz comping profile I look in the my bank where i got 250 jazz comping profile . usually I end up with a better one than the one I erased.

Wouldn't a tube amp color the tone even more. Seems odd to me to go from a digital profiler and convert the signal to analogue , but I do prefer tube guitar amps to solid state. Just never really imagined converting one signal to another and how good that would sound, or if some of the signal would be lost (I realize that the way digital signals work is already losing some of the dynamics or what have you so maybe theres nothing to lose?)... or if it would further color the profiles intended tone on top of the cab I am thinking about purchasing.

Very hard question. The cab I want worth 1500$ more or less and will give me the sound the same sound in show than in my room

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    8)

Oh thats not a problem for me . If I turn the volume down I usally want less ''presence'' so I am happy it cut some treble , that's exactly what I want. So treble bleed is not a problem for me . Its a quality You know we need to leave some space for other musicien too ;) in the frequency as much as in the music . I even stop to play for 8 or 16 bars sometimes .

Bingo - this is also my go-to jazz profile ... part of one of his profile packs (1 or 2?), but as per Meomy's post also available as a free profile.

Michael Britt's Polytone profiles nail that sound to the T (I had borrowed a real Minibrute from a friend to compare). I'm actually playing a single-coil guitar with it - rolling off the tone pot helps also (I have a treble-bleed cap, so Meomy's vol pot suggestion won't work there).

Cheers,

Wolf

Thank you so much guys, but what is a treble bleed? Is it the annoying treble frequency sustained tone I heard sometimes out of my Telecaster? (when the compression is too high )

I'm using Michael Britt's 62 deluxe for my jazz solos with my '51 gibson with flatwounds.

The new spring reverb is really amazing for that 60's type Wes/Grant Green feel. If you want to boost your solos, remember to put the booster in the effects chain so you don't boost the amp and make it crank. If you are going more modern "Rosenwinkel, Kreisberg"-type then add a long delay, lot of feedback but the mix fairly low.

Thanks a lot that's interesting

First if i were you I'd make a copy of everything in my RIG MANAGER then organise it

(can't live without RIG MANAGER)

I classified everything by type of sounds

in my rig manager

Jazz

Rock solo

Ambiant

and so on with your personal needs

And also by project Ex: if I go a project for a show I will classified it by songs like the set list 1- 2-3-4-5

Then save it as the name of the show

I dont wanna go to a repetition and ask myself where is the sound for that song? Wait a minute guys.... no way ! I concentrate on playing only

On the Kemper video , they suggest (if you dont need many expression pedals, to hook only one expression pedal and a DUAL FOOT SWITCH Who work this way and use a Dual foot switch?

Concerning the expression pedal here is my conclusion after many research on google

MISSION IS BETTER FOR WAH -WAH (just the right range and comfort for a wah)

DUNLOP DP3 IS BETTER FOR MORPHING (higher range more space for subtle move)

Do you agree????

It is unfortunately, fairly common for people to turn up the volume of their profiles to try and make them stand out on the basis that we generally perceive louder as better.

yes some people don't seem to understand the difference that louder can be better til distortion happens then its bad . As bad as it can be... I met some newbies like that along the way. Ex: in studio they say OK more volume on the bass , ok now boost the drum too ... ok we dont hear the voice can you boost it? Alright now more guitar now we dont hear it .... alright now the bass is too much behind can you boost the bass? allright and also the drum boost the drum ? gee man... how come we hear distortion????? (maybe some people will recognize themself I dont know but if you mix like that this is WRONG !!!!!!!)

You know... to spend about $500 just before Christmas where i got a lot of things to buy also, so I would need the motivation from you owner , YOU who can't live without your Kemper remote, yes YOU who don't regret the decision to buy . SO PLEASE tell me the reason why I should pick my credit card and order one right now

YES YOU SHOULD BUY A REMOTE COZ :

1-

2-

3-

Thanks

Any expression pedal will do the job. I have a Mission and a cheap Zoom pedal that cost me £11 second hand which actually works better than the Mission. Most folk suggest the Dunlop DVP as a good alternative though.

However, if you really want the Mission feel then the cheapest way to get is is buy a used Dunlop Cry Baby wah. Disconnect the wires to the wah circuitry and replace the input jack with a stereo connector. If you want to be able to use the footswitch too then replace the footwotch with a momentary switch and wire to the output jack. The cost of components will be less than £10 (possibly MUCH less depending on where you buy them) on top of the donor Dunlop wah and you will literally have a Mission EP1 at the end.

Thanks

I am sorry but you MUST reduce the volume on the output of your guitar without feeling that you are cutting your sound ....

Think about this like a car... you dont need to to press the gas pedal to max all the time right?

So go easy with the volume of the guitar unless you want a distorted heavy signal (like many ''musicien'' here)

Just simply think :

Clean tone volume 5

Distortion tone volume 10

You wont cut or change your tone you'll just avoid to sound like sh-t with your clean tones