Posts by Alienator

Do you need all those rigs on the unit? I've deleted everything, now that we have LP and installed only 5 Liquid amps that I really use. Those are about 15-20 rigs on my Kemper, now. Maybe I will install a few more but it takes my Stage about 15 seconds to load.

For me it would be two things:

- A Kemper Software (Mac & Windows) Standalone and as VST3 Plugin for any DAW - so that you only need your PC interface for recording

- A new Kemper Floorboard with Power Amp and all the features from HELIX and AxeFX. Mostly more Stomp Sections and the abillity to have mixed cab simulations for individual tones.

A powered Stage is a great idea, I never thought of that. It seems to be "only" one more work stop in the existing production flow of the current Stage and a great optional feature for the Stage 2.

This isn't a Helix bash but I don't believe its perfect...so specifically what is better?

Short answer: Many things but this is not the point here, it's the wrong thread for a comparison between two units. You cannot blame a device for the mistakes of the operator. You have to read the manuals or ask others, who find using it a breeze, for help, is the general rule.

And now the long answer 😜: All I can do is repeat myself: Just read the endless (and tiring, some would maybe say) years old wish list, in the Kemper feature request thread and just compare every single request with what already is in the Helix. Helix is only an example here, because I own one. You could also take the fm9 as an example (sold mine only some weeks ago). Most of the times you will find the requested features of this forum, from us, the Kemper users, already existing in those units. Do I want to say that the Helix is "better"? No, in no way, that's not the point here.

Maybe a core message for the Kemper team (who is very interested in what users say or want as improvements, otherwise this forum part, that was initiated by the Kemper team would not exist) is: Kemper users keep asking for features for this or the next Kemper generation. So far, so good. But many or most of those wishes already exist in the Helix since 2015. So maybe it is a good idea to not always wait for requests or to reinvent wheels but just take over brilliant ideas from other units. Many words for a short message, right? 😂

That was my idea of a "killer feature for a K2", which is the topic of this thread. And I know for sure, that many agree, while others cannot agree because they... "don't need it" 😂. Yes, there are many who "don't need" this or that but even this is not the point here. Feature requests are always good as a beginning. So far they gave us the Stage, Liquid Profiles and many, many more features that had been requested repeatedly many years ago. Would we have the Stage or LP if they wouldn't have been requested so often in the past? Who knows, except CK.

What do you mean ?

I had a helix LT before ; i don't miss anything

I don't think I understand your question. Feature requests are not about you alone, of course. I, personally, did not really "miss" Liquid profiles until they were officially introduced (well not quite true as I (and others) requested them years ago). As I said: almost all the main requested features, here in this feature request thread, that I regard as "important" for a next generation Kemper, already exist in the Helix. So, for me, look at the Helix and you have the perfect K2, if you put Kemper's Profiling technology in there, IMHO. Could you add more or improve even the features in the Helix? Yes of course.

If there really were plans for a K2 (I don't believe for one filthy second there are, but...) really the most killer K2 feature for me would be "Helix", with all its hardware variations from rack to stomp. In 2015 Helix came out. Basically everything that has been asked for a K2 in this forum, so far, is in there, except Kemper's glorious amp tone. So, for me it's easy to imagine the perfect Kemper Stage 2 (both ways!). But to be honest, after many adaptations I am so happy with my current pedalboard solution with a stage and a few more things on it now, that I can easily wait. If you even want to call that waiting. I rather believe that we will see a new Line6 product very much sooner.

(Tongue in cheek)

A feature that breaks the cycle of “the next Kemper” threads. 🤪

... yes, let me pick this up. 10.0 already feels like the next generation K2, for me, even with no further additions. But now imagine a Liquid Cab section (free and dynamic mic placement, like those Dynacabs in FAS world or whatever it is called in the Helix), along with Liquid Profiles.

Even I, myself, would really shut up forever and simply add an H90 to my Kemper. Done. So... that should be my personal last and final request. Liquid Cabs.

Dude🙂, everything seems all right then. Thanks for sharing but who said you should change pickups?

Damn, what a torture. I've sent my stage in for repair to the factory, just this morning! Next Kemper is far away in the rehearsal room and I won't be there until Friday. I'm so curious, please post experiences.

I don't seem to understand, maybe it's me. Could you please more specific and just name your pickups and your style and what the exact issues are, that you are experiencing? Maybe orhers have the same gear. You could even open a new thread and ask for help, if there is something you are trying to solve. Also, I did not say "follow", I said "in my experience", that's different.

I can say this: traditional pickups and styles work great with the Kemper, for me and everybody I talked to or played with and who uses Kemper. It is not hard to find good sounding profiles of amps I already own and play. It gets even easier when I focus on my skills, musicality and mood, as I already said. I am no modern metal player, so this part is up to those guys. But at the end, there is no need for pain and torture - nobody is forced to use whatever gear if it is not somehow immediately right. Go with what works best for you, your guitars, style, work flow, pickups, feel, etc. If you have made sure, as I said, that your skills, technique, musicality and your mere ability to simply enjoy music (!... big problem with many so called guitarists nowadays!) is not the real issue, then maybe you should just consider different gear?

Even if I don't like a pack I bought, I don't regret it. It just mean that I supported a person that might deliver my next pack that I do like. I have saved SO much money just using the Kemper in the first place.

Yep, this!

(says the person who owns literally everything from TJ, MB, BM and many more but only uses very few profiles, regularly. What madness).

Also: In my experience, if you are not able to "find" good profiles you will also fall into an endless tweaking rabbit hole with a modeller. It really isn't that difficult to find good profiles, imho. Go with the amps you like and start from there. There are so unbelievably many good profiles, even the factory profiles are better than any modeller, imo. Guitarists should better be able to play guitar, though, there are no profiles for bad playing.

I sold my fm9 turbo because it was not realistically better than my Helix. The fm9 is much too expensive. I bought a great Tele with the money and dunt regret it. Kemper's amps sounds are easier to get and still better. This being said, is the fm9 good? Yes, it is. Is it worth the money? You decide. I say no.

Yes, every modern guitar player with advanced fx skills has to need this, some would say. But as options and power (if it even exists in an old unit like the Kemper) are nothing without control and routing options, you're basically asking for a new unit with much more routing options and horsepower, again. But yes to this as well.

Yes, maybe... I wouldn't see any benefit for me, personally, though, if that would not be the case. I could easily dispense with the new eq section, in order to have only one single profile that nearly behaves like the amp, gain wise - as much as it can without the original eq section of that amp. Lowering the gain in a higher gain profile already works quite well, imo. Only finding a way to implement "every gain state" (PLUS the eq section) in one single profile (or alternatively very few versions) is what would separate Kemper from every other capturing unit. Hopefully we will find out very soon and hopefully Kemper could solve that big puzzle...