Posts by Syntek

I don’t see this thread bashing Slash at all. Music is a matter of taste, and he is not the cup of tea for many, that’s it. Other great players have their own critics, too. That does not says anything about their achievements and merits.

Slash did not even open his mouth about Kemper. It was Fortus, Let’s bash Fortus!! :D:D:D

The issue with the Kemper I find is it scoops everything. Which is fine for NU Metal players but not for classic rock or 80s rock and metal. You need mids for that kind of tone. it makes a huge difference in how your guitar sounds, feels and how your volume control responds.

what do you mean by scooped. With the settings you shared you are getting, good classics rock, aren’t you? The Friedman video above is playing 80s. rock.

Now I find some comercial profiles overly compressed and they don’t clean up as expected, but there are other profiles that blow your mind for hard rock or classic rock. It depends on what the profiler was trying to do. If the amp settings profiled are scooped, the result will be scooped.

Perhaps you are referring to something else, what do you mean?

This Alice Cooper guitarist plays AC classic 70/80s tones with Gibson guitars. I don’t find that tone scooped or compressed.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Les Paul himself didn't seem to have any issues shredding on one either ?

Tell me about it!! ^^
    He was the first Les Paul shredder, sweep picking arpeggios, trem picking, string skipping, piano syncing, ...he had it.

Pickups that’s another story, that’s the sound you like. We see guys shredding with P90s PAFs single coils, etc.

From 12” radius to flatter necks is easier to shred. We have strat guys doing it in 9.5 and 10”s,

Shredding on vintage 7.25” strat neck, gets more difficult. But 50s/60s strat players like Hendrix, that’s what they all had,

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I am not a Slash fan, but I recon his own merits. I believe that he helped to bring Gibson LP back to business, in middle of Eddie and the super strat era. He dared to be different, maybe his iconic songs and his top hat helped him more than his chops, to build his fan base.

Not
    all great players or virtuosos out-there inspire or create trends like Edge and Slash did, with less technical skills.

Clapton is not a virtuoso, compared to Hendrix, Page, but a master and great influence to many.

Slash does not need a Kemper. In fact he still is a Marshall endorser, signature artist, it is very likely that, legally, he can not praise any device that competes directly with his signature products. He is doing great with Marshall and Gibson.

I dont have space in my apartament to set HS7 or HS8 properly - they have the bass air flow from the back so there should be significant distance between speakers and wall. Thats the biggest obstacle.

Being there, done that. Wall space and small places are not an obstacle, really. You, like me, seems to be a home user, not a pro studio musician. So, perfect monitor or cab setup and placement is not mandatory, it is relative. Studio monitors can still work fine in small places, untreated rooms, etc, etc. maybe not at their best but at the end of the day, we all are just trying to get something that sounds good to our ears at home.

In my case my monitor placement, in my family room, does not comply any of the recommended setup guides in the manual. But, I am fine with it, I did take advantage of the 30 day test option of a retailer trying some monitors and FRFR cabs available until I’ve found what works for me. In some cases I did take my Kemper to a store to try their stuff, too.

Over Analysis/over paralysis. Don’t stick to user guides and reviews, too much, try it yourself, if you have the option.

As Alan said, and previous posts, it depends on the type of music, your needs, monitors placement, room, budget, etc.

I play with headphones most of the time, the sound is pretty amazing, Beware, the sound in studio monitors may not be even close to what you hear in your headphones for several several reasons.

I do have HS7 on top of IsoAcoustic stands+a mixer to tune the sound to my liking and to add mics or more instruments. The sound is good in stereo to play and sing along studio backing tracks. Eventually, I could use the setup for recording.

I’ve added a powered FRFR cab when I need more air moving, instead of going for a HS8 or a sub-woofer. The benefit is that you can take the cab out, if you need to.

If you can afford HS7+Kabinet, go for it.

Actually, I didn't make it sound good. I agree with you. The benefit of the Waza Air is the wireless with zero latency, not the audio quality. So quite often I don't bother with the kemper and just use the waza sounds.

me too, It would be cool a Kemper 2Go wireless headphones+transmitter, with the ability to just play Kemper Performances standalone and receive signal from the Profiler, too.

I want a black t-shirt, please.

I guess this thread will slow down until the QC fx update or the next wave of digital marketing expense.

Meanwhile, ckemper please keep updating and growing the FX presets and more factory pro content, please!!

I am using the Boss Waza Air. Works well ...

I do have a Waza Air, it sounds good on its own use case, but with Kemper not so much.

Kemper guitar signal goes through Boss proprietary wireless, no latency, and I get Waza’s stereo surround and gyroscopic experience, additionally, I can stream music through Bluetooth. However, the sound using Waza’s flat mode is not even close to the sound I get from my wired headphones.

Is there any other alternative setting? How did you make it sound good with the Kemper?

+1 on this request a KEMPER PEDAL

If it could be a 3 button, pedalboard friendly size, similar to L6 HX Stomp, I am in.

A Kemper Pedal with:

- Headphones output

- EXP 1/2 jack to connect your favorite expression pedal

- XLR L/R OUT or 1/4" (FOH and monitor OUT)

- FX Loop Stereo Send/Return (to be integrated with other pedals or with another Kemper)

- MIDI IN/ MIDI OUT

- USB audio

- Bluetooth audio in (for streaming backing tracks)

- 9/18 V pedalboard power friendly

- iPad iOS/Android App interface

- Suggested retail price: Between $699.99 - $899.99

I am happy with my rack+remote setup, but a unit like this could have many use cases and reach another consumer target:

- It could be an affordable add-on to run another Kemper Rig in parallel or in series with the Profiler or Stage. MIDI integration ready.

- Extension to the Remote Looper with the ability to record and store/recall loops

- A smaller alternative to the Remote.

- Convenient Kemper practice tool.

- Affordable Kemper backup

- Expand the Kemper users community by attracting pedalboard guys and competing with HX stomp, Iridium and other preamp pedals. (QC and FM3 are oversized and more expensive)

Actually, with the latest update I see KP is listening. In fact, I believe they solved one of my requests..

I used to emulate tyco Octavia pedal by using two stomps, one for the Recti and a second one for the Fuzz or Green Scream, I requested to include the Recti as a parameter in the Kemper Drive in order to save one slot. It was a blast to see that KP delivered the tyco Octavia preset in the new Fuzz. Now, I have more faith that KP could update the modulation section chorus quality, accurate uni-vibe, tremolos, ...

As mentioned in comments above, perhaps your limiter needs could be solved with current features. Anyway., you could submit your feature request.

Nice concept.

If it could be a 3 button, pedalboard friendly size, similar to L6 HX Stomp, I am in.

I am happy with my rack+remote setup, but a unit like this could have many use cases:

- It could be an affordable add-on to run another Kemper Rig in parallel or in series with the Profiler or Stage. MIDI integration ready.

- Add-on to existing units with the ability to record and store/recall loops

- Convenient Kemper practice tool.

- Affordable Kemper backup

- Expand the Kemper users community by attracting pedalboard guys and competing with HX stomp, Iridium and other preamp pedals. (QC and FM3 are oversized and more expensive)

A Kemper Pedal with:

- Headphones output

- EXP 1/2 jack

- XLR L/R OUT or 1/4"

- FX Loop Stereo Send/Return

- MIDI IN/ MIDI OUT

- USB audio

- Bluetooth audio in

- 9/18 V pedalboard power friendly

- Suggested retail price: Between $699.99 - $899.99

If you don’t want to spend more than $500, I do not see any FX rack unit that worths it. Save your money. However if you need to fill your rack space think in a wireless rack unit or a Furman for less than $500.

If you want the mojo of vintage FX like TC electronics or high end studio stuff like Bricasti M7, all that stuff is above $1,000.

ckemper thanks for the Fuzz, everybody said that a good fuzz was difficult to replicate in digital world bud you did it.

Now, a Kemper Chorus replicating all BOSS Dimension C presets, and Juno-60 presets, should be a piece of cake isn’t?

Everyone is different. In my case, it makes no sense to sell my KP and get a QC unit that eventually will do the same but differently. That’s diminishing return, IMHO. I would prefer more innovation within Kemper ecosystem, with more products and add ons to maximize my investment.

For example. a Kemper Pedal (2/3 buttons) to bring KP profiles to any pedalboard, a Kemper Bluetooth Wireless Heaphone Amp to play profiles on the go, a Kemper DAW, Kemper editor for iPad, etc....

... 94db v 99db is a big difference.

Yes, it is. I have KPA headphone volume for the M50x at 3 o’clock and Sundara at noon. I’ve isolated the source of noise and now it works as expected. No amp needed. KPA has plenty of power for this headphones.

M50x is closed back, pure rock&roll experience, but different tune than my Yamaha HS monitors.

Sundara is open back, planar driver type, more detail and clarity, well balanced. Tune is flatter than M50x with wider frequency range, easier to tone match my studio monitors tune. More comfortable than M50x, not foldable, though. Sundara is a good option for Kemper for tuning and mixing while giving an impressive balance to play long hours along backing tracks with nice detail. It sounds terrific with my MacBook, too.

Hope you find this useful.

https://forum.headphones.com/t…ones-official-thread/3248