Posts by Mnwarrior26

No it doesn;t but you do have to set the right pedal type. It's been sometime since I set it up so can't remeber excatly how to do it, but I think you need to set the pedal type to pitch and then calibrate...

Someone else here might remeber the exact settings, else I'll have a look next tim emy Kemper is out...

Check you are using an expression pedal with a trs cable..

Oh god I think I figured out my issue. I thought you only hooked the expression pedal to the remote but you actually do have to connect it to the back of the kemper?! :rolleyes:

Personally I think its comparable, the drop pedal might have the edge but not worth it for the cost/additional gear etc.

To set up for dive bomb, use with an expression pedal. I set it to drop from concert down 2 octaves when I pedal back...

I've seemed to notice quite a bit more latency using transpose over the drop pedal. Do you have the same issue?

I used to use ampsims for a very long time and when I purchased the kemper I could hear how much a difference different picks, guitars and pickups did. Oh, and how sloppy my playing had been with ampsims. I couldn't hide it anymore with the kemper.

I feel the same way now. Back to regular metronome sessions and slowing down a little to tighten up :D

I used the same orange dunlop tortex for 20 years....and then changed to a jazz 3 because I wondered what all the fuss was about - and to see if it would make me more 'accurate' - when I listen to isolated parts from what I recorded in that time, compared to now, there is a huge difference in attack...and it now feels like I'm trying to play with a shoe or something if I happen to pick an old one up.

I think the difference in picks is almost as pronounced on electric as on an acoustic...mad innit!

Those are the same Tortex I use. I have a pack of red Jazz 3's I haven't touched cause I'm a creature of habit. It feels weird holding something so small lol. I like the tortex a lot when playing like punk rock.. but might try and wean myself into Jazz for more precise picking styles. Trem picking does feel kinda out of control with the tortex lol.

I have a Mission EP1 RJM which I always thought was crap and wouldn’t calibrate. I had it set to Type 1 which the manual suggests works for most normal expression pedals. I figired they would include mission as “normal”. Anyway, i eventually changed pedal to Type 2 in the system menu and all of a sudden it worded perfectly. Try that and see how you get on.

Thank you I will try that!

Search each of those on Rig Exchange (check my sig), and you'll see some by Lasse and Sinmix, good starting point I'd say, but there are quite a few different offerings as well.

Reason I brought it here is that I didn't find anything comparable. All the Rivera tones in the rig exchange were way too gainy and saturated.

Any thrash metal peeps out there? The tone from the Shadows Fall album The War Within is just menacing and HUGE. I'm hoping to recreate it closely as possible. Most I know is that Jon and Matt used Rivera and Krank amps for different things. Also EMG pickups.

Any thrash metal peeps out there? The tone from the Shadows Fall album The War Within is just menacing and HUGE. I'm hoping to recreate it closely as possible. Most I know is that Jon and Matt used Rivera and Krank amps for different things. Also EMG pickups.

Edit: just realized I hit back too many times on my browser and posted this is the wrong sub. Any way to delete or admin please delete?

it's the Mission expression pedal so it's definitely the right one. I'm using a patch cable from my old board so it's definitely a TRS too. I could've sworn you only need to hook it to output 1 into the Kemper board. I'd feel dumb if I was missing something easy :D

Personally I think its comparable, the drop pedal might have the edge but not worth it for the cost/additional gear etc.

To set up for dive bomb, use with an expression pedal. I set it to drop from concert down 2 octaves when I pedal back...

Thank you! I'm actually having trouble getting my expression pedal to calibrate.. Does it need to be in a certain input for it to work? I've watched the tutorial video 10 times and doing it the same way.

You may want to check out this video, Kamelot guitarist Thomas Youngblood does this very thing with the Kemper. He uses different transpose from song to song to get to their exotic tunings. The transpose discussion starts around the 6 min mark:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I feel like I can learn a lot from these videos. I wish Kemper would have their artists go more in depth about how they use them for different things. That could help a lot of us!

Definitely a common thing. Picks make a huge difference. I'm a creature of habit myself and can't stray away from the orange Tortex so I just change the angle I'm holding it if I need a different tone. Seems to work okay lol.

I use this function regularly to detune a semitone. The other guitarist uses a drop pedal and its comparable...

I have also used it for dive bombs ( intro for Lonely boy - Black Keys, Killing in the name of - Rage)..

After using it a few times I thought the Drop pedal sounded better. I used it in the rig function though and maybe it sounds better as a stomp perhaps?

How did you set it up for dive bombs?

My cousin custom built a tele style guitar for me and it’s my favorite guitar I’ve ever played. It was a treat being able to pick every material and every spec. Speaking of..

Spec list!:

Mahogany body

Quilted maple top

Mahogany neck split with stripes of maple and wenge with satin finish (it feels wonderful)

Solid black ebony fretboard

Whole guitar Stained deep brown as chosen by me (minus the natural cover on back)

Planet Waves locking tuners in black

Bare Knuckle Nailbomb set w/ceramic magnets

Hipshot hardtail bridge

Single volume control, 3-way selector, and two separate switches to control coil split in each pickup. All black hardware.

I love this guitar and it was a great experience doing a custom build! I paid up front and was fortunate to get my kemper and this guitar only a week apart. Merry Christmas to me 8)