Posts by Kahuna59

FYI- my profile says that I'm a beginner because I don't post much. I've owned 2 Kempers for over 5 years and use extensively in the studio and live. not quite a beginner. :)

Yep, the beginner label only relates tot he number of posts, your video shows your chops. Conversely, if someday you see a Professional label under my name don't take it as evidence you should see me play.

I have worked in the studio with Brent many times over the last 35 years and mixed many records with his guitars tracks. He usually uses a 65 Bassman head or Fender Deluxe reverb amp (vintage -not sure what year) for the country chicken pickin with his primer gray Tele. I found an MBritt 65 Bassman profile that I have tweaked to come close to his sound. Keep in mind he has a customized guitar and with a Seymour Duncan Vintage Stack Tele STK-T3B at the bridge and a Seymour Duncan Hot Stack Strat STK-S2 in the middle with the 3 knob configuration. In the lead pickup he turns the middle pickup up a bit to add round bottom and that chimey sparkle. I have included my setting for the MBritt profile for your experimentation. Here I am playing my tele through the profile

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Awesome tone, love it! Thanks Jed!

I'm going to profile my own amps, and "borrow" amps I don't own to profile. Still confused?

OK Bayou Texan, sounds like you have a plan and I wish you the best.

Just my perspective. I fully appreciate the benefit of being able to profile your amps set up to your liking and that’s an awesome part of the Kemper. But personally, my days of schlepping heavy amps around, owned or borrowed, are over. First you have to find them, buy them or borrow them if you can, and then go through the whole process of positioning them in the studio, moving furniture, getting it set up, dialing for tone and micing. Some might think that’s fun but I have grown to appreciate the simplicity of having everything available in one box ready to go, or tweak.

In the Kemper box I have access to professionally produced profiles of hundreds of amps with thousands of configurations some of which I could never get my hands on. Sometimes I don’t know the tone I want until I hear it. With Kemper I can sample all these amps without even moving my chair or breaking my rhythm. And I get the benefit of checking out profiles of cranked 100 Watters accurately reproduced through the comfort of headphones or the Kabinet at volumes that don’t crack the plaster. I think the gains in efficiency and productivity are awesome. For me, the Kemper is a beautiful little box of limitless tone options, continually upgraded & enhanced, and will keep providing new inspirations for years to come.

No need. I expect to make my own profiles that rivals anything they have to offer. Isn't "creating" profiles what's it's all about?

I'm confused, You hope the Kemper will eliminate your need to buy more physical amps. But you aren't interested in using other profiles? How is that going to work? Welcome by the way. I think you will be happy.

I have modded my new PRS SE Paul’s guitar with:

• Fishman Fluence Open Core pickups
    • 3-way mini toggle switch per pickup to select between the pickup's 3 voices
    • A Free-way switch to select between bridge, both and neck pickup
      (2 rows of a regular 3-way switch: lower row to select whatever the mini toggle switches are set to and the upper row all single coil sounds always)
    • Single coil sounds are soldered for the the outer “coils”
    • Volume and Tone knobs are push-pulls to select the high-frequency tilt (HFT) option per pickup
    • Lampshade knobs (did not have enough grip with the round ones)
    • Graphtech ratio Kluson style locking tuners (had to ream the tuner holes)
    • Dropstrap

Cool. I like personalized custom hot rods.

I have spent a week studying manuals, bugging forum members and 3 days with my kemper power toaster. Starting to figure it out. At first just using it direct in the studio, sounded great. Initially plugged in a cab and it sounded a little muffled, I knew I hadn't figured it all out yet so went back to direct. Once I figured out how to get a performance together (edit: not completely figured out saving wise) I

That's awesome Dyno. Happy to say that post is a recurring theme on this forum. Agree completely.

Disco dismantled live performances for Rock Bands for almost 10 years in the U.S.

All the clubs hired DJ's and stopped booking live Music. Blues and Jazz joints paid very little.

Country & Western bars thrived and paid well so many of us went for it.

Disco did suck and heavy drinking was the order of the day.

Maybe so Muddy. I was referring to the Bee Gees specifically who predate disco by a decade and should not be lumped in with the rest of the prefab juice. Also, The Seattle live scene didn't take that much of a hit from Disco. Lots of great venues thrived and great bands.

Saw them live in Seattle just after this album was released. I remember many of the security guys had Disco Sucks t-shirts on. I'm a classic rock guy but always loved the Bee Gees, all the way back to their early stuff. Didn't understand the disco backlash they faced. Great talents. Thanks for sharing that.

Thanks everyone for your help and sorry if I was a pain!! The Kemper just isn't for me. Best of favor in all endeavors to everyone!

Good for you for giving it a try. There are plenty of options out there that may suit you better. My personal journey through the options has led me to Kemper but we're not all the same. Best of luck to you in your search for your ideal rig.

I've bought and sold a ton of amps (literally). I've lost $$ on each deal. I've lugged the monsters all over the place . My back remembers each one. It would be cost prohibitive to buy an amp for each tone I want to pursue. Kemper gives me the variety I desire in one versatile and affordable package. For those who have discovered their "sound" and have no desire to change then good for them and they will perhaps only need one amp. My tastes are varied and I love the fact that I can get pro quality tone for more amps than I could have imagined out of that box and Kabinet. I first picked up an electric in 1972 - Kemper is honestly the best gear purchase I ever made. It has simplified my life without compromise. Buy it!

...Yes I still have some tube amps, only because I hate losing money on the sell side..

What an incredible combination of feeling, feedback, shred and timing... two great versions, one featuring the unforgettable Phil Lynott on Vocals & Bass.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com

I'd do just about anything to have 50% of the soul of Gary. Heck, I might even be willing to put on the that red suit!