Posts by alerich

The basic profiles will sound exactly the same. The effects should sound the same as well from the Kemper to the Player. I have all of my effects slots full on most of my rigs on my Kemper so I'll have to get creative when laying out my rigs and slots on the Player but I'm really looking forward to it. The small grab and go device is going to be very handy for me.

I will be doing the same when my Player arrives. Set your Kemper to Performance mode and open Rig Manager. Select a rig within the Performance that you wish to save. Right click and select Export (or use Ctrl-E) and a dialog box will open asking you what directory to store the rig in. Locate the directory and click OK. That will save the rig you selected in the directory you chose. I tried a couple and it seemed to work OK. It doesn't remember the directory if you are doing several rigs but it does work.

Kemper USA has them

Its probably a supply vs demand issue. I ordered direct from kemper (US store) on the 27th when they were back in stock for a few hours, it shipped on the 29th and I received on the 2nd. (I also got on the waiting list at sweetwater on the 26th, they're still out of stock.)

Good deal. I got in line at Sweetwater a couple days ago and today I see that Kemper US has them in stock. Bought one from Kemper and will cancel the Sweetwater order since they don't have them and haven't charged me yet. Maybe I'll get mine from Kemper US as quickly as you did.

Ordered mine from Sweetwater last night. They don't have them in stock yet but I figured it was best to "get in line". They don't charge you until they ship the item. It looks like British Audio in Nashville has them in stock but then I gotta pay shipping and they have that creepy "tip jar" on their checkout page. I can wait until Sweetwater gets them.

I also back up my entire hard drive every few months :)

+1 on this. A recent Windows 10 update on my PC did not go as planned. Since it wasn't a drive issue I was able to migrate all my data off of the drive to a large USB drive before I did a Windows restore. That is now part of my ongoing routine.

I have been reading the Player manual and watching various videos as they are being uploaded. I understand that any profile from say the Rig Exchange or any commercial profiler can be loaded into the Player, Liquid Profiles included. My main question is if I have the Player connected to Rig Manager on my PC and I want to select an effect for FX1 or FX2 will I see all of the same effects available that I see when my Toaster is connected to Rig Manager (including my own effects profiles) or is the selection of effects smaller for the Player? I think the latter is true but I am not certain. No transpose will be tough if it is not available. That might even be a deal breaker.

I'll miss the toe switch on my wah pedal but I can adapt to that. Are the available effect parameters of the wah the same as what is available on the wah in the Toaster? If I can't load my own wah preset but I can tweak the Player preset to match it that would work. Wah is a big deal to me.

I just watched John's reviews of the Player on the "Play And Trade Guitars" channel on YT and that pretty much sold me on it. Excellent walk through and play through.

humm.. :/ Have You ever lost any rigs or settings due to OS updates?

Not yet that I am aware of. A couple years ago an OS update caused an error message. I documented it and contacted Kemper. It turned out to be just a glitch. That similar thing has happened once more on another subsequent OS update and I handled it myself. I backup religiously before any OS update. You can't backup too often. I used to apply every update as it was released but now I only apply major feature updates. I don't touch Beta releases, either. I did install the Beta for Liquid Profiling just to confirm it wasn't going to be a game changer for me since I am not a tweaker.

I also backup all my rigs periodically. That is handy because not only does it back them up with all my settings and effects but also with the names I have assigned to make more sense instead of the nonsense names the profile sellers use for copyright reasons.

I am a software packrat by nature. I have every OS and Rig Manager release on my PC since I bought my Kemper in March 2019.

When I make any changes or if it occurs to me that I haven't done a backup in a while even without changes. I always do pre and post OS update backups immediately before and after.

GC used to be glorious in the 80s. All kinds of used deals.

I love Guitar Center Used. I can search their entire used inventory across the nation and have it delivered safely to my local GC and pick it up there. And be able to return it within 45 days to my local GC (3 days for vintage stuff). I even bought a new Gibson Les Paul 70s Deluxe from my local GC back in October. I can't ever recall having bought a new guitar from them in over 45 years of playing and buying gear. They aren't as good as they used to be but nowhere near as bad as people make them out to be today.

Sweetwater has been annoying me by emailing me a few days after I visit their website saying "Did you find what were looking for?"

It's not creepy....it's pushy.

Same here. I don't really like or need the whole "sales engineer" model. That's why most of my online purchases are at Musician's Friend / AMS / Zounds. I see it, I buy it, they send it. No phone calls. No emails. Sweetwater is a last resort if i can't find it elsewhere or their price is significantly cheaper (and it never is).

Late to the party but thank you so much for this. I have really missed my beloved Dunlop Rotovibe since migrating to the Kemper. This is really close. I never would have thought to attempt this with the Phaser. Excellent. Great job!

If you bought a Kemper and then sold it twice my guess is that buying it a third time will lead to selling it a third time. No one piece of gear is the right fit for everyone. There have been improvements and upgrades to the firmware but nothing that has altered the core essence of the device.

I use this: PYLE Universal Laptop / Device Stand PLPTS3

Universal Laptop / Device Stand PLPTS3
    Universal Laptop Device Stand - Height Adjustable Tripod Mount (For Laptop, Notebook, Mixer, DJ Equipment) DURABLE CONSTRUCTION: The computer stand for djs was…
    pyleusa.com

I only use it in my music room and never move it. Similar to the Amazon stand above. It seems pretty sturdy and not prone to tipping even at the height I have it set at. I have the platform at 40" above the floor to make adjustments to the Kemper easy. The only drag was that the upper collar was not strong enough to clamp the tube tight under the weight of the Kemper (powered toaster). It would gradually slip down. Easily solved by setting it to the height I wanted, drilling a small hole in the center pole and then inserting a pin through it.

I use two Yamaha DXR10 powered monitors on the floor in front of me angled up about six feet away and six feet apart. I really liked the first one I bought but had been used to playing through two 4x12 cabs so I bought a second one to have a bigger sound stage. I'm just a hobbyist who plays at home. My gigging days are long behind me. Love these speakers. Bought them based on a glowing review right here on the Kemper forums and have not regretted the decision once in over four and half years with my Kemper.

I chat with a guy who gigs regularly in New York City and needs the smallest rig possible since he travels in cabs and on public transportation (buses and subways). A gig bag is perfect for him since many have straps that can be worn backpack style. Myself, I am not a fan. I have a little stack of them. I'll throw one in on a Craigslist sale now and then when I need the case for another guitar.

I am about ready to retire my 2004 Honda CRV so I'll be car shopping before too long. The hardshell case for my Gibson Explorer measures 48" x 18" x 4.5". I will have it with me when I car shop. It needs to fit in the rear seat. I will never put my Explorer in a gig bag.

Back in my apartment days when I had a Johnson J-Station (still have it) I used wireless over the ear headphones. They served me well and sounded better than earbuds, to me. I have never been an earbud kind of guy.