How Often Do You Backup?

• Just did one Backup from of the Profiler Head but just because a new Year has just started.

I don't have really had the need to save anything new, apart some FX presets or a bunch of specific rigs in a couple of new preformances I've recently setup.

I noticed the last one I did was 2 years ago, (the 4th of Jan) and the previous one on April 2021 (I remeber that one was to save my new profiles of a couple of Marshall Amps I've sold in that period)

About Backup of Rig Manager content, I did more, basically anytime I buy rig packs from others.

What about You?

When You need to do a backup (or how often do You remeber to do it?)

oh, ..Happy New Year Kemperians! :thumbup:

• When I make any changes or if it occurs to me that I haven't done a backup in a while even without changes. I always do pre and post OS update backups immediately before and after.

• humm.. :/ Have You ever lost any rigs or settings due to OS updates?

Not yet that I am aware of. A couple years ago an OS update caused an error message. I documented it and contacted Kemper. It turned out to be just a glitch. That similar thing has happened once more on another subsequent OS update and I handled it myself. I backup religiously before any OS update. You can't backup too often. I used to apply every update as it was released but now I only apply major feature updates. I don't touch Beta releases, either. I did install the Beta for Liquid Profiling just to confirm it wasn't going to be a game changer for me since I am not a tweaker.

I also backup all my rigs periodically. That is handy because not only does it back them up with all my settings and effects but also with the names I have assigned to make more sense instead of the nonsense names the profile sellers use for copyright reasons.

I am a software packrat by nature. I have every OS and Rig Manager release on my PC since I bought my Kemper in March 2019.

• I do backups every few weeks on the profiler, and I do a RM backup every time I add new content there. I also back up my entire hard drive every few months :)

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• I also back up my entire hard drive every few months :)

+1 on this. A recent Windows 10 update on my PC did not go as planned. Since it wasn't a drive issue I was able to migrate all my data off of the drive to a large USB drive before I did a Windows restore. That is now part of my ongoing routine.