Posts by jestremera1

Since my original post I've been able to find stuff I like a lot and use a lot. I got two different packs from Choptones; 1 based on the Mesa Boogie JP-2C and the other based on the Mesa Boogie Mark IIb Coliseum. Both are outstanding. I made minor tweaks to the two rigs I use most (added reverb and made very minor EQ adjustments). I'm a huge Whitesnake fan and love a John Sykes-type tone. I'm rolling with them and continue to learn how to use my Kemper better. I do spend time looking through the amazing amount of profiles available. I'm an explorer by nature and will continue to look through things because it's a lot of fun. I love this thing. I wish I'd gotten it sooner.

Option paralysis has never been an issue for me-I know what I'm after, I know how to get it, and I'm not distracted by the things that aren't part of achieving my goal. This is true of my life as well as my gear.

Cool. After a few more energy drinks and testosterone shots, plus tons more time spent learning how to use my Kemper, I’ll be in the same boat as you, alpha Kemper, dude. LOL

Yes, it has died down for me. But initially, I felt like I had every option in the world. I did some gigs where I was thinking "is this as good as it could be or would that be better ". I think after a few months of experimenting, and most importantly, doing some gigs with it, you will narrow things down to what you like. Having said that, I still tweak and am always listening to new profiles, but the tweaking is, figuratively, within a smaller set of parameters.

I know the most important thing is to make a living and play music, but I recommend enjoying the "honeymoon" period of getting to know the options.

I'm definitely enjoying the "honeymoon" period. Not only am I discovering new sounds constantly but learning the functionality has been fun. There's a bit of a learning curve there and I like that challenge. It's a big world in that little box and there's so much more to go.

The way I operate is I have a main rig folder that I use 90% of the time. This folder contains only 4 profiles for every one of the 10 gain increments (so 40 "favorites"). Once in a blue moon I sit down just to try other profiles and they better be real good to replace one of its respective 4 in that main folder. Eventually, you get to know quite well what to go for and what is at your disposal so that there is no time wasted messing around.

Concerning recording, I recommend recording your DI no matter what so you can re-amp later when you find a dozen profiles that you think would have sounded better.

I set up a few folders this way myself. I also have a "Main Rig" performance set up. I keep the stuff I'm likely to use most in those 5 slots. That's worked out really well for me, but I have changed it out a few times. :)

As a new owner of a Kemper I find myself doing more tweaking than playing lately. I really love my Kemper and find something new every day. A profile that sounded good yesterday doesn't sound anywhere near as good as something I find today or the stuff I'm going to go through tomorrow. Sometimes, I find myself going back and forth between two profiles and or different settings and having a hard time deciding. It can be a bit much (in a good way most of the time) as the point is for it to be a tool to make music. The only reason I dreaded getting this thing is because I knew this would happen (OCD LOL). I have a ton to learn and it's been fun. I'm just wondering if the Option Paralysis is something that died down over time for many of you.

Thanks to all who helped me out with this. I got the cable delivered from Amazon and all I can say is that I have yet another reason to love my Kemper. OMG! I’m going to be up all night playing. I’ll feel terrible at work tomorrow but it will be worth it. :)^^:D

Perfect! Ordered! Thank you so much!!

Welcome to the fun. You will be completely blown away as you get to know it more and more. Enjoy.

That’s literally happening as we speak. I just downloaded Choptones’ Mesa Boogie Mark IIb pack and am losing my mind over how amazing it is. No words for what’s going on right now. I’m beyond ecstatic

It worked fine for me. I used to connect my iPhone loaded with Amazing Slow Downer app at rehearsals so that I could play any section of a song we were working on at full speed or slowed down and loop it as necessary etc instead of of the old classic of having the singer try to hold their phone speaker up to and SM58 ?

LOL! I'll be using Anytune+ for slowing stuff down.

You'll need a 1/8" stereo to two - 1/4" L/R cable.

From the manual...

Both the RETURN and the ALTERNATIVE INPUT can also be used as auxiliary inputs. You could, for instance, use this feature to mix in music from your mp3-player and play along. You will find the corresponding mix controls in the Output Section

Thank you

Hi,

Here’s my newb question of the day. Sorry if the answer is obvious, but I really don’t know what I’m doing yet. LOL! How does an iPad or iPhone get connected to the Kemper in order to play backing tracks, etc... through it? Thanks in advance

Hello All,

I've had my Kemper for a little over 24 hours and can say that I'm completely blown away by it. I set it up with two Yamaha HS8's and couldn't be happier with what I'm hearing. This is a new world to me as I've always been a tube amp guy. I'm happy to be here and can't wait to learn a lot more. I'm a big fan of shredders (Malmsteen, Sykes, Rhoads, Govan). Any and all beginner tips are welcome :)